Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Chargers Being Investigated After Found with Illegal Sticky Substance Last Monday

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...nce-vs-broncos
    After taking a 24-point lead against the Broncos last week, the Chargers couldn't stop turning the ball over after halftime to allow Denver to score 35 unanswered points and record the win. But the San Diego loss might be more costly than just a game in the standings.

According to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer, the league is investigating whether the Chargers used an illegal Stickum-like substance in last Monday's game.

The sticky substance has been banned for many years in the league because of the competitive disadvantage, and Glazer said on Fox NFL Sunday that the Chargers potentially are facing “very stiff sanctions.” That could mean a large fine, or depending on how many players might have used it -- or how many people knew about it -- a loss of draft picks.

Reportedly, during the game last week, a San Diego equipment manager ran onto the field during a timeout and handed out hand towels that held the clear-colored illegal substance.

The line judge saw it, and he tried to confiscate the material. The equipment manager refused, but eventually, officials made him empty his pockets, and that's when they allegedly discovered the substance.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 10-21-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    BUSTED! Too bad they didnt have much of a chance to use the stick'em. Rivers was completing more passes to our corners than his own receivers.

Kinda funny, during that game I said our returners should use stick'em to hold on to the ball.

vCash
    wow....

vCash
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ting-with-nfl/

Same link i think but just think it is funny, freaking cheaters just makes me hate them even more
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    Small deal. Yall being too dramatic over some stickum... I can see if it was video tape or some crazyness

vCash
    they must have washed their hands at halftime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    Small deal. Yall being too dramatic over some stickum... I can see if it was video tape or some crazyness
    The most important thing to me is to see what the NFL thinks of this and what punishment they lay on the Chargers.

vCash
    AND it really makes me wonder how many of those 'highlight reel' one-handed catches we see are assisted by stickum. Who knows how many players out there (both pro and college) are using it?

vCash
    It will most likely just be a fine and the coaches and players will just say they didn't know anything about it ....it will go like this (we were just wiping our hands with the towels he brought out we didn’t know there was anything on them) dudes going to get paid to take the fall

vCash
    Not too much of a big deal with me..they lost so that's sufficient enough for me.