Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Adam vinatieri hall of fame?

Many people have reservations about putting kickers/punters in the HOF, but Adam vinatieri has been a part of 5 superbowls, won 4, kicking two game winners In superbowls, kicking the game tying and winning FGs in the blizzard conditions against Oakland, been to two pro bowls, etc.. If anyone deserves it it's him. Thoughts?

vCash
    Definitely

vCash
    Yup.

Kicker is a legitimate position in football, and he's one of the best ever at it.

Cant penalize him because nobody cares about kickers.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    If you determine a kicker is deserving of HOF recognition, there is no more deserving candidate than Adam Vinatieri.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...vinatada01.htm

vCash
    I have a lot of sports pics and cards and such, but only one hangs in my home - AV's kick in the snow against the Raiders - signed.

He's going in. Now about punters....

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I have a lot of sports pics and cards and such, but only one hangs in my home - AV's kick in the snow against the Raiders - signed.

He's going in. Now about punters....

shane lechler should be voted in

45426 Yds punting
    47.6 Yd/punt (1st all time)

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    deserving, yes. getting in? doubt it, at least not until veteran's committee gets him in. kickers and punters just dont get in. Heck, Ray Guy, Morton Anderson and Gary Andersen aren't in yet. Lechler and Andy Lee also deserve it too but they prob wont get a look for decades.

vCash
    I think he belongs. All those clutch kicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    deserving, yes. getting in? doubt it, at least not until veteran's committee gets him in. kickers and punters just dont get in. Heck, Ray Guy, Morton Anderson and Gary Andersen aren't in yet. Lechler and Andy Lee also deserve it too but they prob wont get a look for decades.
    Morten Andersen is a semi-finalist for the 2013 class.

vCash
    No doubt about it.

vCash
    Morten Anderson cannot get in, don't see AV getting the nod either.

vCash
    No way

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Absolutely.

vCash
    without a doubt
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I think he'll definitely get in, but not on the first ballot. If a QB had two game winning drives in the Super Bowl, and another iconic playoff moment on the level of Vinatieri's kicks in the snow against Oakland, he'd be a sure thing, no matter what else he did in his career. On the flip side, he's not the second best kicker of all time, so if they're going to put him in, there are other guys they'd have to add too (namely Morten and Gary Anderson and eventually David Akers) which I don't have a problem with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast