Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Knicks, Raptors

vCash

Knicks, Raptors

Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony will NEVER co-exist because they are both the same types of players. They both arent good defenders, they arent both good rebounders. They both are good offensive players, but Carmelo Anthony is way better offensive than Amare Stoudemire.

With Tyson Chandler being in the middle, you need a PF who can shot from the outside, defend and rebound. trade Amare Stoudemire, heres a few players I can think of.

Amare traded to Raptors for Andrea Bargnani
    This trade would work because hes a great shooter. He might not be a great rebounder and not a great defender but he can play along side with Melo and Chandler.

Amare traded to Grizzles for Zach Randolph
    This trade would be better because Zach Randolph is a great rebounder and he can shoot from the outside.

Amare traded for Elton Brand
    now this trade would be okay.

Amare traded for Paul Gasol.
    This trade would be my favorite one to happen. I shouldnt explain myself why, ya should know.

The Reason why Chandler, Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo doesnt mix. Because Chandler cant shoot and he takes up space in the paint. Stoudemire thrives on a open floor offensive. Amare and Melo are both the same types of players, meaning they are both iso types.

vCash
    LAL and MEM laugh them off the phone, Dallas direct them to Larry Coon's CBA FAQ, and there's no telling what Toronto would do but there's a good chance that would involve laughing, too.

vCash
    So you swap Amare who can't rebound or defend for Bargnani, who also can't rebound and defend. So yeah doesn't work for the Knicks.

The Raptors take on Amare's ridiculous contract with his uninsurable knees, doesn't work or the Raptors either.

vCash
    Only if you give me Shump alongside Amar'e.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Only if you give me Shump alongside Amar'e.
    LOL WHAT? You can't be serious. Amare for Bargs alone is a steal for you guys. Matter of fact I was thinking the only way I'd do that deal is if YOU gave us DeRozan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    LAL and MEM laugh them off the phone, Dallas direct them to Larry Coon's CBA FAQ, and there's no telling what Toronto would do but there's a good chance that would involve laughing, too.
    What are you talking about? Amare is better than Bargs and Zach put together. I wouldn't do either trade from the Knicks point of view without laughing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    LOL WHAT? You can't be serious. Amare for Bargs alone is a steal for you guys. Matter of fact I was thinking the only way I'd do that deal is if YOU gave us DeRozan.
    Amar'e has way too many injury issues for his salary.

If Amar'e is guaranteed healthy, then it's a decent deal. But Amar'e is going to play like 50 games for us at $18 mil a year. I rather have Bargnani play 65 for $11 mil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    What are you talking about? Amare is better than Bargs and Zach put together. I wouldn't do either trade from the Knicks point of view without laughing.
    I stand by it - if you offered Amar'e for Zach they'd laugh you off the phone. He's worse (and both PSD and ESPN's rankings agree with me on that, even if you don't), earns way more, is injured more (which is hard to do), rebounds worse, defends worse, is no more efficient on offense, would hate playing in Memphis after signing up for NYC, seems to be less of a team guy, and has an uninsured contract.
    I'd love to hear your argument for why you think Memphis would do that trade. A real argument with reasons, not just 'Amar'e has star power' or whatever else.

vCash
    i don't think any team is going to deal with ny unless shump is involved
    @mvbisecco
    follow me on twitter and i'll follow you
    SMOKE WEED ERR DAY

vCash
    stoudemire will be staying with the knicks for a long time

vCash
    stoudemire for lebron,wade and bosh. nothing less.

vCash
    they should have amnestied him when they had the chance. no one is going to take him until he is an expiring contract. no matter who you toss in.

vCash
    Though it probably crash and burn. I would think Dirk/Amare would be worth the risk actually.

vCash
    You actually think Elton Brand would be a better option than Amare for the Knicks?