Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Would you be alright with ads on a jersey, if it meant an end to the lockout?

@jessespector
    If ads on uniforms meant the NHL never missed another game, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.
    Now I'm not saying ads like this

More along the lines of this

That is a photoshopped pick, but would you mind something like this if it meant the lockout would end today?

vCash
    No.

They make enough money, they need to find an equitable split and stop posturing.

vCash
    Well if this meant bringing in more money, whats the problem with a small Console energy, or Chase symbol at the bottom of a jersey that will be tucked in?

vCash
    The jerseys are fine the way they are and like ink said, they make enough money.

vCash
    Well apparently not enough since their is a lockout....

vCash
    Honestly, if they could play a full season for the small logos you suggested, I'd be fine with it. I know both sides make enough money but if it would resolve the lockout immediately, I'd say do it... that is, assuming we could go without a lockout for a long time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Well apparently not enough since their is a lockout....
    The lockout isn't because the league doesn't make enough money. It's because CERTAIN teams don't make enough money and the athletes are making too much.

It's about redistribution of money: HRR and from big to small markets. It's not about making ENOUGH money. Their gross revenue is not the problem.

Ask Toronto or Vancouver if they'r making enough money. Of course they are. Ask PHX. Of course they're not. Solution? Make more money that is poorly distributed? Or distribute the revenue more equitably?

You realize they already sell advertising all over the boards and ice anyway right? Plus naming rights to every NHL arena.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    The lockout isn't because the league doesn't make enough money. It's because CERTAIN teams don't make enough money and the athletes are making too much.

It's about redistribution of money: HRR and from big to small markets. It's not about making ENOUGH money. Their gross revenue is not the problem.

Ask Toronto or Vancouver if they'r making enough money. Of course they are. Ask PHX. Of course they're not. Solution? Make more money that is poorly distributed? Or distribute the revenue more equitably?

You realize they already sell advertising all over the boards and ice anyway right? Plus naming rights to every NHL arena.
    Distribution could help to a certain exent but even if they split everything equally would every team be breaking even or making money? I'm not too sure about that. 57% for the players is still higher % then any of the other major sports in NA and they produce less revenue per team then any of the others. I think distribution is something to look at after they get the % down to somthing more reasonable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Distribution could help to a certain exent but even if they split everything equally would every team be breaking even or making money? I'm not too sure about that. 57% for the players is still higher % then any of the other major sports in NA and they produce less revenue per team then any of the others. I think distribution is something to look at after they get the % down to somthing more reasonable.
    But regarding the OPs question, revenue from advertising on jerseys wouldn't do much to solve their financial woes. Not when they aren't able to figure out how to divide up the lucrative revenues they already have.

vCash
    If it meant to end a lockout, yes. Nothing is wrong with a little advertising, some of these Euro jerseys in all sports look much better with them.

Im surprised NHL teams dont accept more advertising on the jerseys, helmets or at least the rinks.

It would give owners more $ and less to spend.

vCash
    No.

They make enough money, they need to find an equitable split and stop posturing.
    Your right, this is not about the league or teams not having $$ but it would help.

Sure the jerseys are fine, some are ranked highest in America but in general allowing more advertisement to be used in Arenas and on equipment would be helpful.

Maybe no advertisements on helmets, but one advertisement somewhere on the jersey is accepted in a general area. Maybe on an alternative jersey? I just think it would help half the league out, its free money and helping teams pay for jerseys. Maybe allow more advertisement on the ice? Still, regulated areas but just a little more.

I am sure Phoenix would approve of this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Are these facts? I am not completely sold on the fact that the NHL makes produce less revenue per team than the NBA. In the last 3 years the NHL has equivalent avg attendance than the NBA. The only issue is that the ice costs more to play on than a court, and equipment is more so its a more expensive sport than basketball but just in terms of HRR, hockey may not be behind basketball or at least not too far off.

The biggest difference is television ratings, nba produces on average higher ratings but nothing out of the ordinary. Actually until LeBron switched to the Heat, basketball ratings were dropping especially in the playoffs while hockeys were breaking its own records

vCash
    But regarding the OPs question, revenue from advertising on jerseys wouldn't do much to solve their financial woes. Not when they aren't able to figure out how to divide up the lucrative revenues they already have.
    your right, it wont solve any issues but im sure owners would like to be able to accept more free $

vCash
    The NASCAR HOCKEY LEAGUE.

It is kind of catchy.

However my honest and educated answer is not just no, but heck no.

Having the Teams gain an extra 70,000 or so dollars per night based upon uniform advertisment will only lead to exactly where we are now.

Both the owners and the players will want x percentage of that money.

Then the UFC antics will start. Gary Bettman will hate Affliction as a sponser or decide that Coke is not compatable with the NHL brand. Or Crown Royal will start a lawsuit that they deserve to be on Sindey Crosbys jersey.

At the end of the day it would change nothing, they would still be arguing over who gets the lions share of the profits.

Besides they already NASCAR up the Dasher Boards ... and that sure didn't stop any lockouts now did it?

vCash
    I wouldn't mind a little like on the pens the one above it is insane and not acceptable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast