Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Preseason game thread

JAZZ vs whore-iors: jazz 80 gs 83
    first preseason game. i listened to part of the first quarter and half of the 2nd. stats didn't show much of interest, apart from lack of asts and rebounds. favors was 4-7, 3 rebounds or something, burks didn't get to the line, the martian 2-2 from downtown, hayward 2-10. kanter, and i think we can agree that his progress is the #1 thing to watch this preseason, was dominant: 13 pts 11 reb. he showed great presence of mind on defense, created a turnover by his effective double-team that led to easy fast break points on one occasion. turnovers were an issue for both sides, unsurprisingly. 18 for jazz to 16 for the whores.

anyway, we won't take too much away from a preseason game, but there's not a thread yet for this. (says me with 0 confidence)
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Their better players played alot of minutes. David Lee logged 36 minutes while no Jazz starter logged more than 23. I guess it makes a little bit of sense though... Golden State sat all their starters for the second half of the season last year so they could lose and keep their pick.... urrr... I mean cause they were all hurt.....

I think it is obvious though that the Jazz plan on playing Favors and Kanter much more this year. Williams I think will also see alot of time at the 3 spot. I do not think any big man for us will see more than 30 minutes unless there is a trade.

vCash
    It's funny that all this time we've been talking about how favors progression is going to force a trade but its looking like Kanter might be the one that really takes a leap forward this year. Imagine if Enes and Favors are playing 30 minutes a night this year.
    I did say last year that Enes could be our Pecovic who they love in Minny.

vCash
    yeah I was going to make a game thread, but since I would assume no one was able to see it no point. The only thing to really pay attention to in these presason games is the rotations. it looks like favors will likely be starting off on the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzman86 View Post
    It's funny that all this time we've been talking about how favors progression is going to force a trade but its looking like Kanter might be the one that really takes a leap forward this year. Imagine if Enes and Favors are playing 30 minutes a night this year.
    I did say last year that Enes could be our Pecovic who they love in Minny.
    yeah people are raving about kanter. If he can be good enough to be our 3rd big then we can see a trade happen.

vCash
    Favors looked rusty last night. Marvin will fit in well with us I think. Kanter I hope, will be another double double machine this year. Hope to see how things go.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    I noticed that I didnt see Bogut played... I guess he's healed and is taking some time off? HA
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    If Kanter has progressed as much as we've hoped (check out the footwork at about 1:47 http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/2012/1...nba/index.html), does that make Jefferson the odd-man-out instead of Millsap? I don't really want to trade either one of them, but I realize a trade is probably coming. I just assumed the Jazz management was leaning toward Millsap, but if Kanter proves he deserves starter's minutes, that doesn't leave a lot of room for Big Al.

vCash
    Kanter played well, yes, but he also didn't play against their starter (Bogut) He played against the backups. While Favors played against Lee. Jefferson didn't even play so we can't automatically assume that Kanter is going to play better or as well as Jefferson. I certainly LOVE kanter, more so than Favors, but I don't think the Jazz would do well with Jefferson gone considering he is our best scoring option. We just have some firepower to support him now. One thing for sure, I'm very much looking forward to the season being here so I can see us firing on all pistons and really take the NBA by storm!! Gonna be a good season.

vCash
    jefferson did play he was just awful

vCash
    LOL wow he did play horribly...well if Kanter can out play him I say get rid of him!!

vCash
    favors didn't play well either. i don't wanna start pointing fingers after just one preseason game. they all looked good from a physical standpoint. kanter was the most changed, but they ran up the floor well. i don't think conditioning will be an issue.

and yes, the martian is a great fit here, imo.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Already talking trades?????????? So weird. One preseason game and we are already trying to figure who the odd man out is. Special!!!!

vCash
    I love what Kanter brings to the table. His strength and tenacity for rebounds are things we should be able to count on every night. I'm not trying to knock centers we currently have or have had in the last 15 years, but I love the idea of having a guy who is always going to rebound and defend before looking for his shot.

vCash
    I get what you are saying, but really I expect favors to be more of the center.(when those two play together) mainly in the sense that I expect favors to be the defensive anchor and kanter be the guy getting the rebounds

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast