Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Giants

10 27.78%
  • San Francisco 49ers

26 72.22%
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 6 Sunday Football: NY Giants (3-2) @ San Francisco 49ers (4-1)

Code:
    New York Giants (3-2) @ San Francisco 49ers (4-1) Location: Candlestick Park Time: 1:25 PM PT Sunday, October 14th TV: FOX
    QB Comparison
    QB Rating Yards TD INT 94.3 1320 7 4 Eli Manning 108.7 1087 8 1 Alex Smith
    RB Comparison
    Yards Att. YPC TDs 333 65 5.1 2 Ahmad Bradshaw 432 80 5.4 4 Frank Gore
    WR Comparison
    Yards Rec AVG TDs 388 32 12.1 2 Victor Cruz 311 27 11.5 1 Michael Crabtree
    Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks INTs Antrel Rolle Osi Umenyiora Michael Boley 29 2.0 3 Navorro Bowman Aldon Smith Navorro Bowman 49 4.5 1

vCash
    One of the "big" games I had circled on the calender.

vCash
    You never know which NYG team will show up. This could be a really close game (that we could lose or win) or we could totally blow them out. All depends on which Giants team shows up to play.

vCash
    Worried about Cruz after the NFCC game.

vCash
    Huge game. I expect us to win, but Eli is always a threat, and the Giants are always dangerous.

Should be a great game. Another Crabtree TD I hope.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    This is one of the few games i care about other than playoff games this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    You never know which NYG team will show up. This could be a really close game (that we could lose or win) or we could totally blow them out. All depends on which Giants team shows up to play.
    Love these battles, but if our D plays like it has, we could get lost in this one. We haven't been able to stop the run and are getting ZERO pass rush. That's bad against your team. Smith gets time to throw and your WRs will run through our secondary.

Never know though.....if they come to play it changes everything. We're gonna get some injured guys back so it could change things. If Nicks comes back we could at least keep up offensively.

Should be another good one down to the final minutes......I hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Love these battles, but if our D plays like it has, we could get lost in this one. We haven't been able to stop the run and are getting ZERO pass rush. That's bad against your team. Smith gets time to throw and your WRs will run through our secondary.

Never know though.....if they come to play it changes everything. We're gonna get some injured guys back so it could change things. If Nicks comes back we could at least keep up offensively.

Should be another good one down to the final minutes......I hope.
    Trust me, I know about the Giants inconsistent D because they're on my fantasy team i just hope this sunday isn't the game the giants D gets going lol. Like I said, all depends on which giants team shows up. The 49ers are pretty consistent, but I think we can all agree the Giants are inconsistent at times. Down 14-0 early to the lowly Browns, then they just turn on the switch and blow them out of the water. It's stuff like that that makes the Giants such a guessing game every week. Sometimes they look like the best team in the league, sometimes they just play down to the level of their competition. Really depends on which team shows up this sunday....but i have a strong feeling that since it's a big game and a rematch of the NFCC, the "ready to play" giants will show up

vCash
    We just can't let up. Eli will attack in the 4th, so we can't be caught off guard.

vCash
    Niners all the way, of course I want them to get there revenge and have Kyle Williams have a return punt TD on this team but most importantly is bragging rights so my friend can stop clownin from last year

vCash
    Let's carry our performance last week into this week. I expect the good Giants to come and play so we'll need the good Niners to show up like usual. I'm gonna say 27-20 Niners. Manning attempts another late comeback, but Frank Gore runs down the clock at the end with big first downs.
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

vCash
    It's very difficult to defeat a team twice in a season. IMO, these wannabe's in the NFC West teams will fall with the 49ers coasting by Dec. Meanwhile, the Giants likely need this one in the win column more than the 49ers.

Can't see the 49ers losing . . . unless it's Eli late.

Love this 49ers team. Reminds me of the 80's Giants.

Good Luck

vCash
    E=RedandGold_35;23878434]One of the "big" games I had circled on the calender.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the niners had this one circled as well. This is a big game for the niners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Worried about Cruz after the NFCC game.
    Doesn't really overly concern me. Relating to the NFCC game last year...he was pretty silent in the second half. The Niners seemed to figure out how to cover him. Plus, he doesn't have the added advantage of Nicks (who won't be full speed regardless) and Manningham on the outside allowing him to roam and find matchups. In the second half of the NFCC game the Giants were literally smacked around. A couple costly fumbles and a stagnant offense (which seems to really be coming together right now) doomed the Niners last year.

I'm not guaranteeing a win or anything, but the Niners match-up VERY well and playing at home is a big plus. Let somebody else travel cross-country.

On another note...I'm curious if Jacobs will be active for this game. I'm not really buying the "he's not quite there yet" on the injury thing. He adds value as a short yardage guy, but I'm sure everybody saw just as clear as I did when Dixon was met in the backfield and pushed 3 Bills 3+ yds into the end zone. That guy looks exponentially stronger and faster than he ever has.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Revenge...

Ridiculous prediction of the week, Williams is forced into returning punts and takes two to the house. He also gets away from a bouncing punt, which impresses everyone more then the two tds.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast