Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Jacobs

vCash

Brandon Jacobs

Does anyone know his status for this Thursdays game against the Hawks? I would have thought he would have played against the G men. Maybe he knows he will get another chance when we play them in the title game. I am really looking forward to him playing.

vCash
    I've been happy with our running game without him, so really wouldn't bug me to not see him suit up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I've been happy with our running game without him, so really wouldn't bug me to not see him suit up.
    certainly bugs him though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasy1975 View Post
    Does anyone know his status for this Thursdays game against the Hawks? I would have thought he would have played against the G men. Maybe he knows he will get another chance when we play them in the title game. I am really looking forward to him playing.
    There is no status. He has been a healthy scratch for a couple of weeks now. He hasn't been one of the 46 active players because the coaching staff doesn't believe he is one of the 46 most important players to the team. The running game is kicking in full gear so there is no reason to suit him up. He offers no special teams value. The only player who I could see being deactivated in his place is Celek, but perhaps the coaches prefer what Celek brings over what Dobbs brings to the TE position if 1 of Vernon/Delanie go down.

vCash
    I think he's an insurance policy. I know there was a lot of talk about him being the short yardage back and maybe that was a consideration, but with Gore's injury history I think he was brought in to simply plug and play into Gore's spot if he got hurt. Hunter seems to be outstanding in the complimentary role so I don't see the point of taking him away from what he excels at. Let Jacobs pound folks then bring in Hunter to buckle some ankles when they're tired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    certainly bugs him though.
    Oh well. I'm sure it bugs the other deactivated players to not get suited up as well, but you don't hear any of them crying about it to the media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I think he's an insurance policy. I know there was a lot of talk about him being the short yardage back and maybe that was a consideration, but with Gore's injury history I think he was brought in to simply plug and play into Gore's spot if he got hurt. Hunter seems to be outstanding in the complimentary role so I don't see the point of taking him away from what he excels at. Let Jacobs pound folks then bring in Hunter to buckle some ankles when they're tired.
    You are probably right with this. To add to this, why take Gore out on short yardage situations? Gore is a very effective short yardage RB himself.

vCash
    We have a few early round draft picks I'd rather activate before Jacobs

vCash
    We have a few early round draft picks I'd rather activate before Jacobs
    At least 2...and one of those 2 is a RB. I wouldn't be opposed to trading Jacobs. Even for a 7th round pick. Just not to the Cardinals. Anyone else in the league could have him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    At least 2...and one of those 2 is a RB. I wouldn't be opposed to trading Jacobs. Even for a 7th round pick. Just not to the Cardinals. Anyone else in the league could have him.
    Agreed

vCash
    Agreed
    I don't know...trading for nothing is a bad idea in my opinion. That's what they did with Colin Jones and look how the special teams is doing. Granted Costonzo is gone too, but still. Jones always seemed to be the first guy down there. McBath is **** on a chicken useless!

vCash
    I don't know...trading for nothing is a bad idea in my opinion. That's what they did with Colin Jones and look how the special teams is doing. Granted Costonzo is gone too, but still. Jones always seemed to be the first guy down there. McBath is **** on a chicken useless!
    I would agree that it would've been better to keep Jones instead of McBath, but Jacobs will never play over the RBs that we currently have. Might as well get something for him and avoid his drama. We would even be able to bring up a younger player to develop.

vCash
    Jones at least had a role tho, so it was something for nothing, with Jacobs it would be nothing for something, get me?

vCash
    Jones at least had a role tho, so it was something for nothing, with Jacobs it would be nothing for something, get me?
    Yeah, I do get what you're saying. Right now Jacobs is nothing but a budding distraction. If somebody gets hurt he could end up being a HUGE benefit though. What's a 7th round pick gonna do on a team with the depth the Niners have?

vCash
    Yeah, I do get what you're saying. Right now Jacobs is nothing but a budding distraction. If somebody gets hurt he could end up being a HUGE benefit though. What's a 7th round pick gonna do on a team with the depth the Niners have?
    If anything its more ammo for Baalke, we have a ton of picks already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast