Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

New Uniforms for 2013?

Why they could do it:

-It's a new era (Theo and company).
    -They have had the same look for a long time, and they have not had that look for twenty years or anything.
    -One of the worst road jerseys in the league.
    -Very plain logos. The "C" on the cap is generic. The "Cubs" inside of the circle has no life to it.
    -Adding new uniforms to a club that is popular nationwide would drive up sales. I bet they'd sell more jerseys and caps if they changed it up.

Ideas:

-Wear white at home with pinstripes, grey on the road, and have a blue alternate.
    -They could go with a previous logo/look (kind of what Baltimore is doing).
    -Use more than just one cap.

What do you guys think? Is there a need for change? They have a cool logo (walking bear) but never use it. I am sick of their plain look. I also want a new look so whenever I see pictures of those jerseys in the future, I can directly identify it with our current front office.

vCash
    Their road jersey is awesome, what are you talking about. Their uniforms are awesome as they are.

vCash
    Yeah. Not gonna happen.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Their look has grown old on me. I was ecstatic when they took the last names off the home jerseys. At least it was some sort of a change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
    Their look has grown old on me. I was ecstatic when they took the last names off the home jerseys. At least it was some sort of a change.
    The Cubs look has rarely and very minimalistically changed over the course of their existence. Font changes and slight changes. It will continue on this way throughout the next century, I'm certain.

If this has "grown old" their previous looks were amazingly similar to their currents so it's been "old" for a while. Better get used to it.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    The home jersey has stayed relatively the same for a long time. The road jersey needs a new script or something. I also want a logo change. We are plain. We need an exciting look for a team that will be very exciting in the near future.

vCash
    They should just wear the blue jerseys for every game.

vCash
    And bring back the red billed hats!

vCash
    Wow, this thread is full of so many terrible ideas. Christ.

Blue jerseys for all games? Absolutely no, never.

Red billed hats? Nah, the way it is now is better.

New script? Nah, I wouldn't mind some sort of alternate jersey with the Cuba font, but that's about it.

We aren't the Marlins, like wow. The jerseys look great, it's classic. If you want your team to dress like hipsters go like a different team.

I am truly shocked a Packers fan has so many terrible ideas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    The Cubs look has rarely and very minimalistically changed over the course of their existence. Font changes and slight changes. It will continue on this way throughout the next century, I'm certain.

If this has "grown old" their previous looks were amazingly similar to their currents so it's been "old" for a while. Better get used to it.
    This seems true, but this article shows how the Cubs uniforms have actually gone through some pretty odd changes through the years and how they are now actually very unique.

Some highlights:
    -The Cubs are the only team to use a felt applique for the logo on their helmets. That's why it pops out off of the helmet. Pic
    -The Cubs are the only team in any major professional sports league to have the TM or R symbol on the logo on their uniforms. Pic
    -The Cubs are the only team to wear the National League patch on any of their uniforms. They wear it on the alternate blues. No team wears the American League patch, either. Pic
    -The Cubs red "C" surrounded by a blue circle is actually borrowed/stolen from the Chicago Athletic Association, which William Wrigley had ties to.

The Cubs uniforms have been pretty steadily similar lately, but their history is pretty diverse. From pullovers to powder blue, it's not like they're the Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Milnertime View Post
    This seems true, but this article shows how the Cubs uniforms have actually gone through some pretty odd changes through the years and how they are now actually very unique.

Some highlights:
    -The Cubs are the only team to use a felt applique for the logo on their helmets. That's why it pops out off of the helmet. Pic
    -The Cubs are the only team in any major professional sports league to have the TM or R symbol on the logo on their uniforms. Pic
    -The Cubs are the only team to wear the National League patch on any of their uniforms. They wear it on the alternate blues. No team wears the American League patch, either. Pic
    -The Cubs red "C" surrounded by a blue circle is actually borrowed/stolen from the Chicago Athletic Association, which William Wrigley had ties to.

The Cubs uniforms have been pretty steadily similar lately, but their history is pretty diverse. From pullovers to powder blue, it's not like they're the Yankees.
    I've seen that before. That said most of the highlights are very small and minor things. Trade mark symbols? NL patch? And they did have the powder blues for a while, but most did. It's not like they're the Oregon Ducks of the Baseball World.

Looking at their uniform styles, they're pretty similar. Since the 1970's they have had nearly identical home jersey's (white, blue pinstripes), they've had the same home patch style for something like 60-70 years, and their road jerseys pretty much only differ in script and font. I would assume most of that continues for the foreseeable future.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    http://www.goatriders.org/history-of-cubs-jersey

I would not mind the vest look for an alternate jersey once in awhile

vCash
    Vests are gay.

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    Prolly get blasted for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing a black alt basically like the blue jersey's except black with a black hat. It would pretty much look like the Mets or even the Giants but I think the blue, red, white, and black would look sharp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCub View Post
    Prolly get blasted for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing a black alt basically like the blue jersey's except black with a black hat. It would pretty much look like the Mets or even the Giants but I think the blue, red, white, and black would look sharp.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast