• Paradise

34 53.97%
  • Pittsburgh

25 39.68%
  • GMs of these teams vote here

4 6.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah, Bass wouldn't slow down Griffin at all. He's really not a good defender. His defensive metrics are 100% attributed to playing alongside KG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    I have no clue how Pitt is an 8 seed. I'm one of Griffin's toughest critics and think he's overrated, but he and D-Will together with a better overall roster trumps Dwight playing by himself.

Other than Dwight and a solid backcourt, Paradise's team is unimpressive. I would put money on Pitt in 5-6 games.
    You mean the center that has yet to prove himself in a starting lineup or play more than 20 MPG (while going up against the best center in the league)? The undersized shooting guard that's always been suited in a 6th man role with a high USG% next to Deron? The aging small forward that's rarely more than a camp out 3-point shooter at this point, and was relegated to a bench role in Golden State? How is that so much more impressive?

Or is it the bench lead by a 6'7" backup center that played 6.8 MPG last season and hit 33% of his field goals? A rookie backup PF? An inefficient backup shooting guard? The backup point guard with a 36.9 eFG%?

As much as it's somewhat the point of these games, I'm not trying to trash on Pittsburgh's team. I'm just thoroughly confused by this.

And Dwight is far and away from playing by himself here, as I already explained (quickly) in the write up.

Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    I'm a Celtics fan, Bass isn't a good defender. Griffin would average 26 a game in this series against Bass.
    And if that's even close to happening, it's a quick switch to Dwight guarding Griffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Dwight and Afflalo? Oh that D!
    Child please. Afflalo hasn't been all that on D as of late.

vCash
    Took the Dwights here. He literally could put up somewhere around 30-18 this series and with plenty of shooters to kick it out against. Deron and BG would get theirs, but that squad isn't stopping anybody from scoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Dwight and Afflalo? Oh that D!
    A couple years ago that statement is true but man has Afflalo's D regressed:
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...&postcount=843

Adjusted +/- (or the regular version) #'s aren't much better either.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    They all feel so close

vCash
    Not a fan of Dwight's surrounding but I think he'd dominate this series regardless. I like the Deron/Blake combo, but also hate their support players. Paradise in 6

vCash
    Strong defensive role players around Deron and BG would have made that team a juggernaut in this
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    That Dwight team is SICK. I am amazed at how much people are hating on the supporting cast when I think the supporting cast is fantastic for D12. Paradise is probably my top team in this thing.

Also I find Deron and Blake to both be pretty overrated individually.... together they are slightly less overrated though because they do compliment each other well.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    That Dwight team is SICK. I am amazed at how much people are hating on the supporting cast when I think the supporting cast is fantastic for D12. Paradise is probably my top team in this thing.

Also I find Deron and Blake to both be pretty overrated individually.... together they are slightly less overrated though because they do compliment each other well.
    As am I.

But we seem to be in the middle of a synergy vs. reputation tug of war here... where synergy is concrete proof that Afflalo is a crap defender, and eyes are the proof that Bass can't defend. Would make for a great case study.

vCash
    Nice P&R combo with D-Wills and Griffin but outside of those 2, i don't see a whole bunch of scoring. Lou Wills can shoot lights out but not very efficient, quite the volume shooter off the bench normally and is not starting calibre. Jefferson isn't the player he was and can't produce at a high level anymore. The above 2 are easily the 2nd and 3rd best players here but like i said, not a lot else on the roster. Disagree entirely about your bench, it's garbage. Robinson may be 1 of the most NBA ready rooks but until he steps out on the floor, he hasn't proven anything.

Not a great bench for paradise either. Nice guard rotation but the forwards and centre are poor. Birdman has done nothing for 2 years and Troy proved at Lakers and Nets that he no longer warrants a roster spot for any decent teams. His strength you pointed out is spreading the floor but you can't make shots sitting on the bench.

Good job Dwight is surrounded by good shooters, giving Paradise the win here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    I'm a Celtics fan, Bass isn't a good defender. Griffin would average 26 a game in this series against Bass.
    Bass isn't bad and Corey if its because of KG what would it be with Dwight backing him up
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Not a fan of Dwight (yes yes I know hes in my sig), but how are you going to stop him with Tiiiaggggooo Sppllliiiitttteeerrr [insert S.A. Smith's Voice].

vCash
    Meant to vote for Paradise. Mod please change.

I really like Pitt but Splitter/Brockman really limits their potential. I read both writeups but Dwight would still have a field day in this series.

vCash
    Paradise, how long would you let Griffin destroy Bass before putting Dwight on him? A couple of plays or a quarter or so?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast