• Pittsburgh

25 39.68%
  • GMs of these teams vote here

4 6.35%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I went Pittsburg D12 will put up big numbers but not enough to win

vCash
    I'm not sure how this is so close. Dwight made the finals with a team that wasn't nearly as good as Paradise. No way a Deron/Griffin duo would even sniff the finals.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Paradise, how long would you let Griffin destroy Bass before putting Dwight on him? A couple of plays or a quarter or so?
    Well I still don't see how it's a given that Griffin easily destroys Bass, especially with Dwight providing the weak side help.

And even though Bass is still learning the Celtics’ system, coach Doc Rivers also considers him an asset on defense.

“He’s already a very good individual defender,’’ Rivers said. “If you told Brandon to just guard his guy, he’s probably our best at that because he can move his feet extremely well and he can switch on smaller players.
    http://articles.boston.com/2012-01-0...-celtics-rondo

It was all a little strange for Bass, who's best known for his spot-up jumper and his solid defense.
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...adelphia-76ers

While he arrived with the reputation as a no-conscious bench scorer, Bass finished the season as a key cog in Boston's first-team defense alongside Garnett. Sure, having KG alongside aided his numbers, but Bass proved to be a stout one-on-one defender, allowing a mere 0.673 points per play, which ranked in the 95th percentile among NBA players, according to Synergy Sports data. Opponents shot a mere 31.8 percent against Bass, who thrived as a post defender despite often giving up size by masking that with his athleticism.
    Bass seemed to struggle early on settling into Boston's help defense system -- something the Big Four were not shy about calling him out on -- but his 1-on-1 defense was always solid, his offense was consistent behind his mid-range jumper and ability to finish near the rim (something Davis always struggled with), and Bass' move to the starting lineup helped fuel the second-half resurgence.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celti...e/brandon-bass

His defense, which wasn’t suppose to be that good, improved dramatically over the season, which made him even more important to the team and he was really the Celtics last option at power forward due to all the injuries.
    http://hardwoodhoudini.com/2012/10/0...power-forward/

That's multiple reports and straight from the head coach's mouth. All on top of his impressive synergy numbers and physical tools. But if it really becomes that much of a problem we'll give it 1-2 quarters. Though we still have the likes of Seraphin and Andersen who are easily above average defensively as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    I went Pittsburg D12 will put up big numbers but not enough to win
    Care to elaborate?

vCash
    If you people claim that Bass's defense comes from having KG next to him, couldn't the same be said because he has Dwight next to him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Well I still don't see how it's a given that Griffin easily destroys Bass, especially with Dwight providing the weak side help.

http://articles.boston.com/2012-01-0...-celtics-rondo

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...adelphia-76ers

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celti...e/brandon-bass

http://hardwoodhoudini.com/2012/10/0...power-forward/

That's multiple reports and straight from the head coach's mouth. All on top of his impressive synergy numbers and physical tools. But if it really becomes that much of a problem we'll give it 1-2 quarters. Though we still have the likes of Seraphin and Andersen who are easily above average defensively as well.

Care to elaborate?
    Bass is a bad 1 on 1 defensive player man, I'll give you props for doing the work and finding those quotes and numbers, but lol no one is going to convince me that Bass is a good defensive player. I watched him play about 80 games last year, he is a poor defender.

It's not like it really matters, you're gonna win anyway but I'm not letting you get away with tricking people into believing Bass is good defensively
    Last edited by NYMetros; 10-09-2012 at 11:20 PM.

vCash
    How am I tricking people into anything? lol I've provided sources and numbers for Bass' defense, all I've seen to say otherwise is a couple of "I've watched him" statements. I'm sure these sources and the actual coach of the team have watched him as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    How am I tricking people into anything? lol I've provided sources and numbers for Bass' defense, all I've seen to say otherwise is a couple of "I've watched him" statements. I'm sure these sources and the actual coach of the team have watched him as well.
    Doc thought it would be a good idea to have Bass guard Lebron ****ing James in the 4th qtr of game 7 of the ECF last year and LeBron proceeded to torch him, which isn't even Bass' fault because that's a ridiculous thing to ask of him, but that is why I don't really trust Doc's opinion on Bass lol if thinks that he could guard LeBron.

And I was just joking about tricking, you obviously did a good job of finding info and quotes to support your claim, I just simply reject them
    Last edited by NYMetros; 10-09-2012 at 11:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    Doc thought it would be a good idea to have Bass guard Lebron ****ing James in the 2nd half of game 7 of the ECF last year, so I don't really trust Doc's opinion on Bass lol.

And I was just joking about tricking, you obviously did a good job of finding info and quotes to support your claim, I just simply reject them
    Well there's still a lot more evidence for him as a good defender, but fair enough. I mean, obviously we wouldn't agree or say otherwise in this situation lol.

vCash
    Bass isn't a bad defender, but he's certainly not a great one. He's not a liability on the defensive end.

Source, Celtics fan

vCash
    I think any above average PF can tear Bass apart. He's athletic enough, but he's undersized, incredibly poor at his rotations, and leaves his feet a lot.

Griffin dropped 24 on Boston when they played last year.

I'll still take Paradise, but I think Bass would get abused by Griffin.

vCash
    Paradise

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Paradise advances

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123