34 53.97%
  • Pittsburgh

25 39.68%
  • GMs of these teams vote here

4 6.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

NBA ReDraft Playoffs 1st Round: 2) Paradise vs. 7) Pittsburgh

Welcome to the 2012 NBA ReDraft voting process. The redraft is exactly how it sounds. The rosters of every NBA team are cleared and then drafted again from scratch. Posters from the site draft full rosters under a salary cap and then there is a voting process to make the playoffs. We are now in the playoffs and the head to head matchups have begun. Please remember to vote for the roster and write-up you believe would win a 7 game series. Also remember that every player is considered as healthy for these playoffs. Thank you and enjoy the playoffs!

Paradise:
    G: Goran Dragic - Roddy Beaubois - Jamaal Tinsley
    G: Arron Afflalo - Rip Hamilton
    F: Marvin Williams - Jimmy Butler
    F: Brandon Bass - Kevin Seraphin - Troy Murphy
    C: Dwight Howard - Chris Andersen

Pittsburgh:
    PG: Deron Williams/Earl Watson
    SG: Lou Williams/Wayne Ellington
    SF: Richard Jefferson/Alonzo Gee
    PF: Blake Griffin/Thomas Robinson/Larry Sanders
    C: Tiago Splitter/Jon Brockman/Ryan Hollins

Paradise Writeup
    The loving Pandas of Paradise would firstly like to congratulate Metros and celtics for putting together a team capable of making the playoffs.

Since I've never been a big believer in the SG vs. SG/C vs. C position battle breakdowns, I'll just go ahead and describe some of our teams major strengths and game plans for this series.

Offense:
    Offensively this a series where Dwight Howard is going to be able to feast throughout. Pittsburgh has the perfect storm defensively in the frontcourt with Splitter and Griffin starting for Dwight to use his abilities to control this series. Neither boast respectable defensive abilities to slow down Dwight, as both average a 0.91 PPP for a 341 rank as well as their less than great reputations overall, while Splitter posts even worse post-up defensive numbers at 1.01 PPP.

Howard put up incredible averages against Atlanta in the playoffs last season, who boasted a better defensive arsenal than what he'll be facing in this series. Putting in 27.0 PPG, 15.5 RPG, 1.8 BPG, with a 63.0 eFG%, 67.7 TS%, and an improved 68.2 FT%. As well as a 28.2 USG% and 26.1 PER. We're going to feed Dwight early and often in this series.

And unlike the Magic, we have a nice blend of help for Dwight offensively. Giving him options that allow him space to operate, as well as secondary options to create scoring opportunities. Arron Afflalo and Marvin Williams will provide us with great 3-point spacing, as they shot 39.8% and 38.9% from distance respectively this season, with Afflalo being historically even more effective. As well as Dragic's 3-point shooting as a starter of 37.9%.

Afflalo also provides us with a more than adequate, highly efficient 2b or 3rd option, as his per 36 numbers average to 16.3 PPG with a 53.4 eFG% and 58.4 TS% on a 19.1 USG%. He has shown ability to create his own shot, and with the likes of Lou Williams or Richard Jefferson on him in this series, that shouldn't be a huge problem for him.

Next is our talented and quickly rising PG Goran Dragic, who could benefit as much from the spacing and talent around him as Howard will. Dragic was extremely impressive last season after taking over the starting PG role. As a starter he put in extremely efficient numbers:

Dragic: 18.0 PPG, 8.4 APG, 3.5 RPG, 1.8 SPG, 49.0 FG%, 37.9% 3PT%, 36.5 MPG in 28 games.

He will give us a great creator on the perimeter that can create scoring opportunities for our great shooters, as well as being able to draw the defense on drives and find Dwight down low. Dragic is also known to be very effective in the open court, and he has some great floor running players with him in transition.

Which brings us to Marvin Williams and Brandon Bass, two names that may not wow your average voter, but play very key roles effectively on our offense. Marvin with his 3-point shooting and ability to cut without the ball, and Bass with his ability to knock down the mid-range jumpshot, cut without the ball, or put the ball on the floor and get inside when we need him to. Marvin had one of his better seasons this year as he stepped into his role. He'll also be playing with players that will give him a lot more opportunities and get him the ball where he's most effective on this team.

Bass: Spot-up: 0.96 PPP, 46.6 FG% - Cutting: 1.16 PPP, 52.2 FG% - Transition: 1.07 PPP, 55.9 FG%
    Williams: Spot-up: 1.00 PPP, 40.2 3PT% - Cutting: 1.16 PPP, 56.9 FG% - Transition: 1.03 PPP, 57.1 FG%, 52.2 3PT%
    Afflalo: Spot-up: 1.08 PPP, 39.3 3PT% - Cutting: 1.49 PPP, 70.6 FG% - Transition: 1.26 PPP, 60.7 FG%, 41.4 3PT%

Bass also hits mid-range jumpers at a very nice rate, which will give Dwight and Dragic room to operate. From 10-15 feet Bass hits at 48.4%, while at 16-23 feet he hits at 48.0%.

Defense:
    Defensively we have the premier anchor in the league in Dwight Howard. The 3-time DPOY is sure to have a massive effect on any team's defense, and we have nice pieces surrounding him.

With Blake Griffin we're going to start off with Brandon Bass going at him, which will give Dwight more freedom defensively to stop penetration and protect the rim with his elite help defense. Bass posted outstanding defensive synergy numbers last season, so we're comfortable giving him first crack and slowing down Griffin.

Bass: Overall: 0.69 PPP, 31.8 %Score - Isolations: 0.58 PPP, 29.1 %Score - Post-up: 0.56 PPP, 28.8 %Score

This along with his strength and length should give Blake enough troubles.

We also have effective perimeter defenders with Afflalo, Marvin, Jimmy Butler, and Rip Hamilton. Afflalo and Marvin were their former team's top option to guard the other teams best perimeter scorers. As well as the impressive displays Jimmy Butler contributed defensively last season, and Rip's ability to harass and wear thin on a player's nerves. Between this mixture and Dwight Howard being able to meet anyone penetrating at the rim, we have good options to slowing down Deron and an undersized Lou at SG.

Dragic also isn't a slouch defensively with a 0.80 PPP, 38.5 %Score overall, and a 0.75 PPP, 38.6 %Score on isolations (which makes up the individual majority of Deron's offense).

A major factor of our defense will be it's ability to get our team out on the break with Dragic, Afflalo, Bass, Marvin and Dwight. With our ability to block shots and create turnovers, we should create a lot of easy scoring opportunities for Dragic and company on the break.

Bench:
    Finally, we believe we will have a very effective all around bench with this group. We have Rip Hamilton, Roddy Beaubois, and Kevin Seraphin who can create a scoring punch off of the bench. As a starter down the stretch last season Seraphin became a very nice contributor for the Wizards.

Seraphin: 14.1 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 53.1 FG%, 31.6 MPG in 21 games, as well as providing impressive defense.

Hamilton is also still a very effective shooter and scorer (capable starter on the league's #1 overall seed last season), and will see a big chunk of minutes in a rotation with Afflalo and Marvin. His ability to create scoring opportunities for himself and teammates will provide us with a great boost off the bench as he posted a 24.5 USG% and 21.0 AST% last season to go along with 16.8 PP36 and 4.3 AP36.

Chris Andersen, Kevin Seraphin, Jimmy Butler, and Hamilton will provide the main defensive boosts to our bench, with Butler being brought in as a lockdown option. Andersen provides us with a lot of energy, shot blocking, and rebounding when Howard gets his short breaks.

Even up to our 11th and 12th men, Tinsley and Murphy. Murphy is still a capable floor spacing PF that could see minutes with Dwight at times. And Tinsley as a nice veteran floor general that can spare Dragic and Roddy.
    Pittsburgh Writeup
    First off congrats to brent and dhop for building a very good basketball team, I have tons of respect for you. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to take you down here though.

PG: Deron Williams vs Goran Dragic
    Obviously this matchup is in my favor. Deron Williams is one of the best PGs in the NBA without a doubt. It isn't his fault he had absolutely no talent around him last year in New Jersey. He can penetrate and finish at will, spot up, shoot off the dribble, post up... anything. For my money he is the most complete PG in the game. Dragic is good but this is no contest.
    Advantage: Pittsburgh

SG: Lou Williams vs Arron Afflalo
    Afflalo has the name value, but if you look at the numbers this is actually a very close matchup. Lou Williams was extremely productive for the 76ers last year, registering a 20.2 PER. Afflalo had a 14.7 PER. Lou had a WS of 6.1 and a WS/48 of .174, compared to Afflalo who had a 5.3 WS and WS/48 of .121. Lou Williams is also an excellent defender, just as good as Afflalo perhaps even better. Not to mention he can shoot the 3 ball at a very high clip, 36.2% last year. With Deron Williams feeding Lou and getting him the ball in places where he likes to score, we possess an absolutely deadly backcourt.
    Draw

SF: Richard Jefferson vs Marvin Williams
    I consider this matchup a draw, neither player does too much other than stand in the corner and take 3s. Which Jefferson is better at than Marvin. (Jefferson shot 42% from 3 last year which was one of the best %'s in the NBA, Marvin also shot an impressive 38%).
    Draw

PF: Blake Griffin vs Brandon Bass
    Blake would murder Bass in this matchup. I watched Bass a ton last year, he is not a good defender, Blake would abuse him. Not to mention, most of Bass's production came from Rondo feeding him wide open 15 footers last year, and let's be honest, Dragic is good but he's no Rondo. I doubt he has the ability or the wherewithal to consistently get Bass the ball in his favorite spots as much as Rondo did last year. On the other side, Blake is a phenomenal low post scorer, is way too quick for Bass and would just dominate him all game long. If Paradise tried to double, Blake being an underrated passer will be able to find one of the many other scoring threats on this team. This is an easy win for Pittsburgh here.

C: Tiago Splitter vs Dwight Howard
    Dwight wins, he's the best center in the league. But, let's not underrate Splitter here. With Dwight probably leaving Splitter open to help out Bass after Blake feasts on him for a while, Splitter will have tons of opportunities to score around the basket, which he is very capable of doing. Blake plays with a center on the Clipps who can't do anything but dunk, Splitter is much better offensively than Griffin's real life teammate and will actually take advantage of his scoring opportunities, which he will get a lot of. I imagine Splitter getting about 13-14 points here, even with Dwight guarding him.
    Advantage: Paradise

Benches:
    I'd take our bench over theirs. Earl Watson did a very good job for the Jazz last year, Wayne Ellington is a nice 3-point shooter who could provide some instant offense. Alonzo Gee is starter quality, a very well rounded player that doesn't get much due cause he plays in Cleveland. Thomas Robinson is supposed to be one of the most NBA ready players of his draft class, look for him to be a formidable bench piece. Overall we feel our bench is very adequate and can hold it's own when the starters come out.

To wrap this up, I ask you to look at Deron Williams and try your best to block out last season from your memory because what he had on his team last year was simply insulting. Brook Lopez only played 5 games making the 2nd best player on his team Kris Humphries! I repeat: Kris Humphries was the 2nd most talented basketball player he had on his team! What do you want Dwill to do? No one save for LeBron could have succeeded in that situation. He had pure garbage for teammates. Here he has one of the best PFs in the NBA in Blake Griffin, the crafty Brazilian Tiago Splitter (17.7 PPG per 36 min), one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA last year in Richard Jefferson (42%), and a very underrated player in Lou Williams (PER of 20.3).

The other team has Dwight, sure. But look at the teams and look at the matchups and I think it is clear Pittsburgh is the better basketball team.
    PSD NBA Sim League

vCash
    I like Pitt but I just don't see anyway Dwight is even slowed down.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I like Pitt but I just don't see anyway Dwight is even slowed down.
    Where does the rest of their offense come from though? Afflalo I wouldn't call a true 2nd scoring option, and Marvin Williams and Bass are basically useless.

I respect your vote though, just trying to defend our team

vCash
    boy i really wanna go Pitt i think that Griffin and Deron would do well against dragic and bass i gotta think about it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    Where does the rest of their offense come from though? Afflalo I wouldn't call a true 2nd scoring option, and Marvin Williams and Bass are basically useless.

Someone didn't read our write up.

vCash
    I have no clue how Pitt is an 8 seed. I'm one of Griffin's toughest critics and think he's overrated, but he and D-Will together with a better overall roster trumps Dwight playing by himself.

Other than Dwight and a solid backcourt, Paradise's team is unimpressive. I would put money on Pitt in 5-6 games.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Paradise for me

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post

Its np, I respect that you will defend yourteam. You built a very good team, but I just have seen Dwight take teams on his back. I also like Bass to slowGiffin down a little. Dragic is also very underrated. Guy can play and Pick and rolls with Dwight would be awesome. AA and Bass are solid players to pair with Dwight.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    These playoffs are golden. Tough match-ups all over the place.

I'll wait a bit to vote and read the write-ups more in-depth, but we've seen teams beat the old Magic by letting Dwight feast and stopping everyone else. I like the offensive options around Dwight, but you can't ignore the huge wins at PG and PF for Pitt. SG and SF are both a wash for me as both teams have essentially the type of player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    Well that's kinda the plan it worked when the hawks did it so why wouldn't it here?

vCash
    Because this team is a lot better than that Magic team around Dwight
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    Dwight and Afflalo? Oh that D!

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Its np, I respect that you will defend yourteam. You built a very good team, but I just have seen Dwight take teams on his back. I also like Bass to slowGiffin down a little. Dragic is also very underrated. Guy can play and Pick and rolls with Dwight would be awesome. AA and Bass are solid players to pair with Dwight.
    I'm a Celtics fan, Bass isn't a good defender. Griffin would average 26 a game in this series against Bass.

vCash
    Voted for the wrong team. Should've voted for Paradise. Though I doubt it'll be close enough to where it matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Voted for the wrong team. Should've voted for Paradise. Though I doubt it'll be close enough to where it matters.
    Die.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast