• Hartford

34 62.96%
  • Flagstaff

16 29.63%
  • GMs of these teams vote here

4 7.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    @kj That doesn't mean he's capable of guarding Bynum over the span of a playoff series.

Brand was great for Philly last season, but Garnett had no problem getting wherever he wanted against Brand in the playoffs. Bynum is a much more physical matchup, so I don't see it being an issue for Bynum to perform.
    Last edited by Corey; 10-08-2012 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    This is a very close match up. I'm going to wait a little while before I vote.

vCash
    Ya but garnett can pull Brand away from the rim due to his ability to hit his jumpshot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Russel Westbrook couldn't even slow TP in the playoffs this year but Lowry is going to contain him??

While Bynum as the Lakers supposed number 1 option couldn't take guys like Kendrick Perkins, Kenneth Faried/Javale McGee to town and he has a big bodied Brand being thrown on him this series who has the wingspan and abilities to keep up with him.

Flagstaff also has another perimeter player besides TP with the ability to create his own offense, which Shumpert or Dudley can't provide.

I'll take Flagstaff in this series
    1) you're referencing Parkers play with the Spurs supporting cast, which he doesn't have here.

2) when has OJ Mayo ever consistently done anything other than be inconsistent?

3) Great, they have two other wings that are SOMETIMES able to create offense...what do they have in the paint? Nothing offensively.

Also, good luck with their floor spacing. I'm sure their offense will look great when everyone is trying to operate in the 10-16 foot range.

vCash
    Everyone on my team fits a very specific role on offense, and the same cant be said about Flagstaff.

Bynum is our low post scorer.

Boozer will work the high pick and roles, and get faceup situations in the mid range.

Dudley will be camped on the 3pt line waiting to knock down a 3 when defenses collapse down. (41% career 3pt shooter)

Lowry will be running the high pick and rolls with Boozer, and will be ready to knock down an open jumper (Hit 37%+ each of the last two years)

Shumpert will be screening both Dudley and Lowry, and running baselines waiting for an open cut behind defenses.

We have a player for every role. Flagstaff does not.

Parker, Mayo and George are all most effective as slashers. Brand is a midrange, faceup power forward whose offense is declining. Okafor isn't a threat offensively. They have no offensive identity. They have terrible floor spacing, and the mid-range would just turn into a cluster****. Their only shooter is Paul George, and he's most effective in transition.

vCash
    :cry:

why o why did Flagstaff trade Tat? They would have ran over Hartford in this series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    So what happens when Brand or gets into foul trouble?

Harrington is a SF who can play a little PF. Like it or not but Boozer is still one of the better scoring Power Fowards in the game. Harrington's defense is terrible as it is.

Not to mention Okafor is going to have trouble as he follows Boozer around the court on his Pick and Rolls.

vCash

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Is it okay if I vote for you because of the White Mamba's ridiculous SWAG?

This series is closer than I expected. I'm going to have to read the writeups before casting my vote.

vCash
    The Veal is Fo REAL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    We feel like that is the biggest factor as well.

Brand will be busy with Boozer running high screen and rolls with Lowry, Bynum will be getting one on one's on the low block all night, and okafor is an awful defender these days.

No, Okafor hasn't been the same on defense since he firstly joined the league, but to say he's been awful is wrong. He was hurt for most of last year, so I'm gonna go by 10-11.

When Okafor was on the floor, opposing PF/C shot 46%, which was third in the NBA. When he was off the court? They were 31st in the NBA allowing 54%.

He even helps out on the offensive end, believe it or not. In 10-11, the Hornets TED was +8.96, without him? -10.6 which would be 26th in the league.

The Hornets TED with only centers being accounted for, Okafor had a +1.79 being 7th in the league. Without him? -10.6 being worst in the league, with 31st being -7.1

Let's compare Bynum and Okafor with DWS the past 3 years for both players.

Bynum his last 3 years has a 3.3, 2.8 and a 3.4, while Okafor has a 3.8, 2.8 and 4.6

We don't expect to shut down Bynum, but we do believe we can slow him down and frustrate him.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Westy gambles a ton on defense. I may get critized forsaying this but Ill take a healthy Lowry over Westy defensivley. I love Brand but he will have is hands full and will be in a lot of foul trouble. Dudley is alsovery underrated. Shump has shown offensive potential I really like the floor spacing and defense on Hartford.
    Dudley is a very good 3pt shooter, but we're not worried about him taking over a game from the perimeter. As for floor spacing, Dudley shot 38% from 3 last year, while George shot 38% from 3 last year. Lowry shot 37%, while Blake shot 35%. Shumpert shot 30%, while Mayo shot 36%. We have Maggette and Harrington also, they have Brown and VC. Brand can hit the mid range shot, so can Boozer. Your point? They can space the floor but so can we.

Sure, Iman has potential. Hopefully he upgrades his -0.1 OWS.

vCash
    I actually think Brand could slow down Bynum a bit. I don't buy the size disadvantage as thats often overrated. And the thing most don't realize is Brand's wingspan is enormous- 7 feet-5.5 inches to be exact and only Bismack has a longer wingspan at that height. So he's long despite not being the tallest guy out there. And he's very hard to move on the block. Something to note: despite Bynum's big size advantage, he's only 10 pounds heavier than Brand. Make no mistake, these guys are both built like trucks. But Brand isn't just a big lug, he can move and get his hands in and strip the ball.

And as KJ said, he spent a lot of time at Center last year. In fact, he was more a Center than a PF last year, with 36% of his teams' minutes coming at C vs only 32% at PF. And Brand was VERY good last year at defending post ups- allowing opponents only a 32.3% FG%. This guy was a darkhorse candidate for DPOY last year. Excellent defender who I think could bang with Bynum. Would he shut him down? No but he'd certainly slow him.

However, with that said, I like some of the matchups that Hartford has as well. For one, Lowry on Parker is a matchup that should give Flagstaff's #1 option fits with Lowry's D. And I think Boozer could score on Meka as well.

I'll think about this one for awhile.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    The problem is you can't expect Brand to play Bynum the entire game. I'd be ok with him being the primary defender on him and have someone else body him up for another 10 minutes or so a game. Flagstaff doesn't have anyone who can do that. Okafor is beyond terrible and Flagstaff has terrible depth to throw at Bynum. I also like the fact that Boozer has a sizable advantage over Okafor on the offensive end
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    These teams are both to good to meet in the first round

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast