Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Devin McCourty

vCash
    I remember reading somewhere that Will Allen who was placed on injured reserve could come to an injury settlement and possibly come back to the team....Any one heard anything about this? and do you think he could be an option at safety?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that Will Allen who was placed on injured reserve could come to an injury settlement and possibly come back to the team....Any one heard anything about this? and do you think he could be an option at safety?
    If Allen's coming back, play him at nickel. PFF had him as the third best slot corner last season.

vCash
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...eet-the-afc/2/

PFF has McCourty as the BEST corner in the AFC this year and a pro bowler. And while his passer rating against has gone up a bit (he's 21st), thats due to giving up another TD. But most importantly, his opponents catch% is still very low (45.9%) and ranks 7th. According to PFF, he also grades very well in the run game.

When I get a chance to look over the coaches film for the games, I might be able to elaborate as well. But I know Bedard who watched the coaches' film has said he's looked very good (and I assume thats what PFF uses for their stats).
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    ^I'm tired of Pats fans ******** on McCourty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    ^I'm tired of Pats fans ******** on McCourty
    He is underrated by a lot of people after last year. Guy goes hard in the paint and that is why he is one of our team captains.

We know he has talent and when you combine work ethic to talent you get a great player. Its why you've got to love him as a fan also.

Already a better pick than Big Bang or Chung imo.

vCash

Devin McCourty

^ by far. It's not even close. Too bad we don't have his twin also.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    His brother is a free agent next offseason from the Titans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    His brother is a free agent next offseason from the Titans.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/82...lion-extension

vCash
    Wow, I didn't know his brother was deserving of such a contract!

I say clone McCourty so we'd have a respectable secondary for once

vCash

Devin McCourty

Mccourty is a good CB, the problem is he is the only quality we have back there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    Mccourty is a good CB, the problem is he is the only quality we have back there.
    Dennard looks promising. Wilson is growing. Dowling won us a game earlier this year.... It's more than McCourty.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Dennard looks promising. Wilson is growing. Dowling won us a game earlier this year.... It's more than McCourty.
    Dowling is a piece of glass, out for the year again. He will most likely be cut next training camp if he gets hurt again.

Wilson is still up in the air, he can't cover but maybe he could be a SS.

Dennard does look good, but as a slot corner. I don't trust him yet as a starting corner.
    Last edited by BostonSports96; 10-28-2012 at 04:12 PM.

vCash
    I want the Pats to take either Xavier Rhodes in the late 1st or Desmond Trufant in the 3rd round of the draft in 2013. Both are big, physical CBs who are highly touted, but more so Rhodes.

I see Arrington being let go, along with Chung, and Dowling and Moore are gonna be fringe players to make the team next training camp.

So, I'd like to see Rhodes/Trufant and McCourty as our starting CBs, Dennard in the slot, and Gregory with Wilson/FA at S next season.

Make it happen Bill.

vCash
    Dowling will not be a fringe player if he's healthy. Arrington and Moore suck. Chung is probably gone, but we'll see.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    Dowling is a piece of glass, out for the year again. He will most likely be cut next training camp if he gets hurt again.

Wilson is still up in the air, he can't cover but maybe he could be a SS.

Dennard does look good, but as a slot corner. I don't trust him yet as a starting corner.
    Wilson is doing fine, but does appear headed to SS.

Too early to give up on Dowling.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast