Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Devin McCourty

vCash
    McCourty's been good. Although I would like to see him turn and look for the ball on some deep passes. He gets PI penalties sometimes when he wouldn't if he'd just turned his head.

Not wild about Chung's play. He's late helping out on a lot of deep passes.

vCash
    I will admit that I tend to go off on McCourty a bit out of frustration. I'm only human. He hasn't been as bad as some have made him out to be. It does get frustrating seeing him play the receiver when the ball is in the air. All he needs to do is look for the ball and 98% of the time, a P.I. won't be called on him. I'm sure BB has noticed the same thing from most members of the secondary. This unit will improve greatly in time.

I don't understand why Arrington is still lining up on the outside. He gets beaten so much he might as well start dating Chris Brown. I'd like to see more of Ras-I Dowling matching up against the bigger receivers that we'll face. I must admit, it made me cringe every time I saw Sterling Moore opposite Demariyus Thomas last night.

PSD Patriots Forum Hall Of Fame Class Of 2010

vCash
    McCourty has played well. I don't mean to nitpick, but those two would-be INT's at Baltimore really irked me. You have to catch those.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's been going up against our opponent's #1 guy right? He's been having a much much better year than last year thanks personal growth and position stability in our secondary

vCash
    He has played better than last season and according to BB he has been working hard so I have not been complaining.

vCash
    McCourty is fine.

Kyle Arrington on the other hand, sucks. He sucked last year even with all of his interceptions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleyfella View Post
    McCourty's been good. Although I would like to see him turn and look for the ball on some deep passes. He gets PI penalties sometimes when he wouldn't if he'd just turned his head.

Not wild about Chung's play. He's late helping out on a lot of deep passes.
    He sucks vs the pass, part of the reason I think he should be let-go after this season, instead of over-paying for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    He sucks vs the pass, part of the reason I think he should be let-go after this season, instead of over-paying for him.
    Go back, reread PSK's original post, and make acompelling argument why you think the way you do about McCourty. As far as I have read, PSK and others have pretty much closed the case on McCourty's value for now. Your statement does nothing to convince anyone to the contrary.
    Last edited by Patsfan56; 10-09-2012 at 01:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Go back, reread PSK's original post, and make acompelling argument why you think the way you do about McCourty. As far as I have read, PSK and others have pretty much closed the case on McCourty's value for now. Your statement does nothing to convince anyone to the contrary.
    I think he meant Chung?
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    I think he meant Chung?
    Chung is a FA, McCourty is not. He meant Chung.

Some have said that Chung and Vollmer were both going to get big contracts. But that's only true if they healthy AND playing well.

As of today:

Chung will get a lowball offer to stay or none. Chung except for a small string of games has never been the great player that was hoped. I also believe BB is switching to a back field of FS, cover corners, and nickel and dime corners that are mixes of FS/CB. Not much room for SS in that mix. Chung is very good in run support, but he's the Merriweather of safties in coverage.

Vollmer due to health issues will not get a top flight offer, but a decent one. Sadly in Vollmer's 2nd year he played like an all pro, and I think everyone had him penciled in as the RT of the next 10 years.

BB isn't afraid of walking away from prior high picks as we all know, and he isn't blowing his hard earned cap space on guys he can't trust to be worth the money.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Whoops, sorry for the confusion guys. I meant Chung.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

Some have said that Chung and Vollmer were both going to get big contracts. But that's only true if they healthy AND playing well.

As of today:

Chung will get a lowball offer to stay or none. Chung except for a small string of games has never been the great player that was hoped. I also believe BB is switching to a back field of FS, cover corners, and nickel and dime corners that are mixes of FS/CB. Not much room for SS in that mix. Chung is very good in run support, but he's the Merriweather of safties in coverage.

Vollmer due to health issues will not get a top flight offer, but a decent one. Sadly in Vollmer's 2nd year he played like an all pro, and I think everyone had him penciled in as the RT of the next 10 years.

BB isn't afraid of walking away from prior high picks as we all know, and he isn't blowing his hard earned cap space on guys he can't trust to be worth the money.
    Strong words.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash

Devin McCourty

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Mccourty play some safety in passing situations again this year. When he can see the ball and the play in front of him he has terrific ball skills. With the emergence of Dennard, your outside corners could be he and Moore with Arrington in the slot. Put Wilson and Mccoury at Safety with Chung on the bench in a heavy pass defense set.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing Mccourty play some safety in passing situations again this year. When he can see the ball and the play in front of him he has terrific ball skills. With the emergence of Dennard, your outside corners could be he and Moore with Arrington in the slot. Put Wilson and Mccoury at Safety with Chung on the bench in a heavy pass defense set.
    Den nard, Moore, and Arrington would get exposed by moving up a notch in the rotation.

The real problem this year is at safety. While McCourty would help at S it would weaken CB more than strengthen S.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Mc Courty is awesome for us in my opinion. And not to mention hes pretty good for me in madden 13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

As of today:

Bags are you sure your not BB himself? lol. You think a lot like he does.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast