Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Does anyone here collect Vinyl?

Anybody? What do you have? Have any pics?
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash
    Have an entire room dedicated to smoking where I plaster my vinyls along the walls. I frame 'em all and everything. I probably have 100 or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Have an entire room dedicated to smoking where I plaster my vinyls along the walls. I frame 'em all and everything. I probably have 100 or so.
    thats awesome! what are the highlights of your collection?

ill have a day like that of my own eventually- do you worry about the smoke damaging your collection?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    thats awesome! what are the highlights of your collection?

ill have a day like that of my own eventually- do you worry about the smoke damaging your collection?
    Nah, I don't get older albums like some do or what you might be thinking of.. More modern vinyls that aren't worth much.

The highlight of my collection is The Slim Shady LP original pressing, sealed. Cost me around 270 bones

Otherwise, I honestly don't have any that are "worth" anything like most collectors do.

vCash
    Nah, I don't get older albums like some do or what you might be thinking of.. More modern vinyls that aren't worth much.

The highlight of my collection is The Slim Shady LP original pressing, sealed. Cost me around 270 bones

Otherwise, I honestly don't have any that are "worth" anything like most collectors do.
    well that's still awesome man. i mainly buy new records too but they usually cost between 20 and 25 bucks.

does it say trill under your user-name? what does that mean to you? within my circle of friends trill has become a synonym for chill or cool. it's stupid and fantastic all at the same time. do you watch tim and eric?

vCash
    well that's still awesome man. i mainly buy new records too but they usually cost between 20 and 25 bucks.

does it say trill under your user-name? what does that mean to you? within my circle of friends trill has become a synonym for chill or cool. it's stupid and fantastic all at the same time. do you watch tim and eric?
    Yeah, they're pretty expensive when you add it all up.

Trill's definition is technically a mixture of true and real. That's what it means to me. Because I'm trilla as ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrv_WXbsQ1s

The only Tim and Eric episodes I watch are the ones with Dr. Steve Brule.

vCash
    Yeah, they're pretty expensive when you add it all up.

Trill's definition is technically a mixture of true and real. That's what it means to me. Because I'm trilla as ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrv_WXbsQ1s

The only Tim and Eric episodes I watch are the ones with Dr. Steve Brule.
    thats awesome.

vCash
    I'd like to collect them. Just don't have the cash. I have one. Led zeppelin 3. My dad has the lanyard skyward street survivors album with the flames in the background(was recalled after the plane crash). To bid when he was young he drew on it making it worthless.

I've been looking at buying some of the old 7" records from bands like black flag. Not sure if I want to sound the money tho.

vCash
    I've started getting some, but just newer ones and only for bands I like a lot. The most expensive/hard-to-get that I've got is a limited edition set of 6 vinyls from when Incubus had a week of free concerts streamed online that they played in a studio in LA. They pressed each day's recordings and sold it with a bunch of other stuff in a box set. Spent a good $200+ on it, but I love the band, so it's worth it to me.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    I'd like to collect them. Just don't have the cash. I have one. Led zeppelin 3. My dad has the lanyard skyward street survivors album with the flames in the background(was recalled after the plane crash). To bid when he was young he drew on it making it worthless.

I've been looking at buying some of the old 7" records from bands like black flag. Not sure if I want to sound the money tho.
    Wow, Zeppelin III that's great. how old is it, was it your dads? Thats probably my favorite zeppelin album. top two for sure. you should keep an eye out for local garage sales- you can find some great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I've started getting some, but just newer ones and only for bands I like a lot. The most expensive/hard-to-get that I've got is a limited edition set of 6 vinyls from when Incubus had a week of free concerts streamed online that they played in a studio in LA. They pressed each day's recordings and sold it with a bunch of other stuff in a box set. Spent a good $200+ on it, but I love the band, so it's worth it to me.
    i tend to collect the newer stuff too, even though i love the older stuff too. ill go back to them when i have more money- in the meantime i casually collect new vinyl for 15-25 bucks.

which incubus albums?

i saw incubus on halloween, 2002. it was the last gig of the morning view tour, the day before they played a private show at the morning view house where they recorded the album. i was front row, my buddy caught guitar picks that Mike threw into the crowd. it was the last show alex/dirk played with the band.

vCash
    Wow, Zeppelin III that's great. how old is it, was it your dads? Thats probably my favorite zeppelin album. top two for sure. you should keep an eye out for local garage sales- you can find some great stuff.

i tend to collect the newer stuff too, even though i love the older stuff too. ill go back to them when i have more money- in the meantime i casually collect new vinyl for 15-25 bucks.

which incubus albums?

i saw incubus on halloween, 2002. it was the last gig of the morning view tour, the day before they played a private show at the morning view house where they recorded the album. i was front row, my buddy caught guitar picks that Mike threw into the crowd. it was the last show alex/dirk played with the band.
    Bought it at a used record store a couple years ago. Not sure of its age. I think it may be a reprint due to it being such good shape. But I bought more because it has the pinwheel in the font cover. There's circle holes and spinning the pinwheel changes what behind the holes. Just thought it was cool really.
    Last edited by bosox3431; 10-07-2012 at 03:16 PM.

vCash
    How would I even go about dating it? I never even really looked it over lol

vCash
    jazz, fusion, soul, funk and blues here..also hip hop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    How would I even go about dating it? I never even really looked it over lol
    Take it back to where you bought it.

vCash
    Use to have a **** load of old school death metal and hip hop LPs and 7"s but they got destroyed in a house flood I had like 3 years ago

Still have my dads collection of LPs which are basically all classic rock, blues/funk and jazz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast