Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    RG3 is not comparable to Cam. Cam is like a Brett Favre than can run. Or more mobile Big Ben

RG3 is really like Steve Young.

I don't think Cam will ever be as accurate as Rodgers or RG3. Then again Cam still struggles with mechanics and planting his feet. RG3 has that all down.

I will say RG3 might end up injured because of his lack of size. He still tries to run like Cam does. Difference is about 4 inches and 40lbs. Cam is much stronger and tougher. RG3 got concussed already in his first 4 games. He needs to be smarter.

But I hate RG3 so I wouldn't feel bad if someone folded him in half and he missed the rest of the year.
    Last edited by NCBoSoxfan21; 11-03-2012 at 06:16 PM.

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    Well thats not very pleasant, but its good to know you dont like the comparisons either, and good luck tomorrow

vCash
    If we let Rivera go we need to go all out for Sean Payton.

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    I don't want any part of Payton. I hate him and all the Saints way too much to ever want him as our coach, especially not after the whole bounty thing. I want Jon Gruden as coach if we let Rivera go.

vCash
    I don't want Payton either. I think Rivera will get another year. If not, I'll think replacements at that point -- it's not time for that yet.

As far as not wanting to go on a run late in the season... I want to win out. Would it be awesome to get a sweet draft pick that could complete the puzzle? Sure, but if we go on a run, we might find that we're closer to the completed picture than we thought. I'd be all for grabbing Lotulelei (haven't been following college football, so just based on what you said about him), but I think Ron Edwards is probably not getting enough credit. One of the things he brings to the table is that he's strong enough that he can eat up blockers and let the other three linemen be one-on-one. His presence on that line is a large part of the reason the DL has been getting better. If we could get a more imposing presence, awesome, but if not, I'm okay with Ron. Like manbearchef implied, he's not worth overpaying for though.

The interesting question becomes... if we win ourselves out of the top 10 somehow, how much would you give to trade up for a guy like Lotulelei? I mean, if he's one of the few missing pieces left and he's as dominant as you're saying, is it worth doing what Atlanta did to get Julio Jones? They didn't get the expected results in year 1, but they're looking very good in year 2.

vCash
    No thanks. Jon Gruden or Andy Reid, if the Eagles fire him.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    No thanks. Jon Gruden or Andy Reid, if the Eagles fire him.
    No thanks to Reid either. I've never been impressed by Reid that much. I'm impressed by his resume, but there always seems to be other reasons that the Eagles win. I also hated his "brilliant idea" to make an OL coach the DC. He's stuck with Vick too long and the play-calling in Philly has been almost as bad as here (though I'm not sure if that's on Reid or their OC).

The only "established" coach that I would care for would be Gruden. Gruden was a brilliant (yet overrated) coach who could surely bring discipline to the team. What I liked about Gruden in TB is he managed to make a competitive team with such lack-luster players.

However, if Tony Dungy ever decided to coach again, I'd have no problem with him coaching. I think he's a big reason the Bucs were in the position they were in back when they won the SB. I always liked Dungy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No thanks to Reid either. I've never been impressed by Reid that much. I'm impressed by his resume, but there always seems to be other reasons that the Eagles win. I also hated his "brilliant idea" to make an OL coach the DC. He's stuck with Vick too long and the play-calling in Philly has been almost as bad as here (though I'm not sure if that's on Reid or their OC).

The only "established" coach that I would care for would be Gruden. Gruden was a brilliant (yet overrated) coach who could surely bring discipline to the team. What I liked about Gruden in TB is he managed to make a competitive team with such lack-luster players.

However, if Tony Dungy ever decided to coach again, I'd have no problem with him coaching. I think he's a big reason the Bucs were in the position they were in back when they won the SB. I always liked Dungy.
    Reid made a mistake hiring Juan Castillo, but then again, the defense was actually playing good when Reid fired him this year. He's stuck with Vick, but where else is he supposed to go? Nick Foles isn't going to win them games this year.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Reid made a mistake hiring Juan Castillo, but then again, the defense was actually playing good when Reid fired him this year. He's stuck with Vick, but where else is he supposed to go? Nick Foles isn't going to win them games this year.
    I disagree on Vick. Foles looked good in preseason (I realize it's just preseason), but Vick has been absolutely terrible this season. He's averaged 2+ turnovers per game. They could put Foles in and see what they have in him and then use the run game more. Foles has enough weapons on that offense to have a legit opportunity. The season is clearly over for the Eagles, so why not evaluate what you have at the QB position since Vick is likely out at the end of the season and if Foles doesn't impress they could look to draft a QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I disagree on Vick. Foles looked good in preseason (I realize it's just preseason), but Vick has been absolutely terrible this season. He's averaged 2+ turnovers per game. They could put Foles in and see what they have in him and then use the run game more. Foles has enough weapons on that offense to have a legit opportunity. The season is clearly over for the Eagles, so why not evaluate what you have at the QB position since Vick is likely out at the end of the season and if Foles doesn't impress they could look to draft a QB.
    Losing to the Saints changes things a little bit. The Eagles season is basically over now. I don't see how they can get past the Cowboys/Seahawks/Lions at this point (I see Chicago/SF/GB/New York/Atlanta as postseason locks at this point). Still, starting Nick Foles won't do Reid any favors when it comes to saving his job. They'll probably make the move this week going into their bye week, but I wouldn't expect much improvement from their offense.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I don't know why everyone thinks Gruden is a coaching god or something.....he won a SB with Dungy's team and hasn't really done anything else....Reid isn't that great of an option either...... don't see how he is any better than Rivera...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    I don't know why everyone thinks Gruden is a coaching god or something.....he won a SB with Dungy's team and hasn't really done anything else....Reid isn't that great of an option either...... don't see how he is any better than Rivera...
    If he won it with Dungy's team, then Bill Callahan took Gruden's team to the SB against him in the same year.

Reid isn't better than Rivera? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

You're kidding, right? Reid has won over 60% of his games as Eagles head coach. He turned Kevin Kolb into major trade bait, and got Michael Vick back on track in his career. He would be wonderful for Cam Newton. The Eagles have had 9 winning seasons under him, and have only lost double digit games twice (once in his first year). He has a winning record in the playoffs with Philly, and took them to the NFC Championship FOUR YEARS IN A ROW. Reid is a top 5 HC in the league. Rivera might not be top 50.

Rivera is a terrible HC. He still hasn't even figured out how to manage the clock.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Gruden sure. Reid isn't a great head coach, hasn't been for years. All that talent on the team and he can't get it together. Maybe 3-4 years ago. Now he's a bum. Retire fat boy.

Unlike Reid, Payton actually won the SB. Not to mention without him his team has fallen to pieces which tells you what a great coach he actually is.

vCash
    Gruden sure. Reid isn't a great head coach, hasn't been for years. All that talent on the team and he can't get it together. Maybe 3-4 years ago. Now he's a bum. Retire fat boy.

Unlike Reid, Payton actually won the SB. Not to mention without him his team has fallen to pieces which tells you what a great coach he actually is.
    You don't just become not a great HC. That makes no sense. Reid is a good HC. The team chemistry is bad, and maybe his message their is just running stale. The same thing happened to both Jeff Fisher and John Fox, two good HCs in the league (a lot of you Panther fans had no idea what we had in Fox). Calling him a bum is just foolish.

Payton is a fantastic HC, no doubt. He isn't coming to Carolina, though. If he isn't in NO, he will be in Dallas. Regardless, with the bounty stuff still hanging over his head, Richardson won't pursue him, and I don't think it would be in the best interest of Payton or the team to keep him in the same division where the majority of the bounty stuff was going on. In a vacuum, Payton is a good hire. But it isn't practical for the Panthers, and it WILL NOT happen. You can be sure of that right now.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123