Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What should we do with Uribe? Cut him this offseason? bench player?
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    What should we do with Uribe? Cut him this offseason? bench player?
    Sign him to a 10 year, 300M dollar deal. Worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Brink View Post
    ^ Greinke has been one of the best pitchers in baseball the last 2 years. He's declined but only because in his Cy Young year he was unbelievable. He's still one of the top 15-20 pitchers in baseball.

I do agree that giving long term contracts sucks and that we could be in major trouble 3-4 years from now when Gonzo, Greinke, Kemp, Ethier, Crawford, Hanley(if they sign him) and on when they are all 31-35.

Still he would give us a great shot of winning the next 3 years. If we can't sign Greinke I would love to bring back Kuroda for 2 years.
    Hi Brink,

We have more common points than disagreements. I agree Greinke has talent, would bring it to Chavez Ravine, and I did not think about an official rating, but is certainly among the top 15/20 in baseball. He would give us a clear number 2 behind you know who and ahead of Beckett/Billingsley, then Capuano/Harang/Lilly pitch roughly at the same level.

But as the best pitcher available, I am sure Greinke will (sorry his agent will) go for where the money is, even if Anchorrage, Alaska. "Sorry fans, I wanted to stay, you were my first choice, I love the City, you have a team to win the World Series, but you proposed me $130M and Anchorrage $130.5M. Anchorrage is playing in AA, but sorry that is the best for my career." THAT IS HOW IT WORKS FOR 25 YEARS ! (only exception: Ken Griffey Jr signing for less money with the Reds.)

Then we must be the one who will give the highest amount of bucks and for 6 or 7 years, if we want to get achance to get him because some teams will do. And I hope the Dodgers won't be among them.

In that case, how much is worth Kershaw ? $ 500M for 10 years ?

Kuroda baring injuries (he will be 38) is among the best choices and will accept one or 2 years contract and is Mr consistency.
    There must be other good FA available, do you have a list ?
    10-4 record at Dodger stadium !
    1-0 road record

vCash
    We need sp No question about it

vCash
    Crawford said he thinks he'll be ready for spring training, so that may not be an issue anymore
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    People familiar with the Dodgers' thinking say they are interested in Japanese free-agent reliever Kyuji Fujikawa. The right-hander boasts a mid-90s fastball and has been considered the Japanese league's top closer in recent years. Fujikawa is expected to pitch in the major leagues next season after recently completing his contract with the Hanshin Tigers.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...cL5QWXzxEZE.99
    Career ERA in Japan: 1.36 Over 200 career saves
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=fujika001kyu
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Career ERA in Japan: 1.36 Over 200 career saves
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=fujika001kyu
    Sign him. Resign league and our bullpen is going to be absolutely filthy. lol. I like those numbers. CBS says he is considered the best closer in Japan...sounds good to me.

vCash
    Guess i should've posted this in here...

From dodgers.com

- Colletti likes club's makeup, but work to be done

LOS ANGELES -- Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said Friday the club will consider extending ace starter Clayton Kershaw's contract (he's signed through 2013 and under control through 2014), but a more immediate concern is the upcoming free-agency period that begins after the World Series.
    "We still have work to do," said Colletti. "We want to continue to upgrade the bullpen, look for a starting pitcher. Our outfield is somewhat complete, but not complete. We've got to keep our versatility and have somebody that can play center field. Tony Gwynn is still part of the organization and a candidate."

Colletti reiterated interest in re-signing upcoming free-agent relievers Brandon League, Randy Choate and Jamey Wright. League inherited the closer job when Kenley Jansen was sidelined. Jansen is expected to reclaim his closer job after recovering from this week's heart operation, but Colletti would prefer to have too many closers than not enough, and the franchise now has the financial wherewithal to afford that luxury.

"You look at the league and the division and there are deep bullpens and you better be able to match up in the seventh, eighth and ninth innings," he said.

Speaking of financial wherewithal, Kershaw will earn $11 million next year. He is eligible for arbitration in 2014 and free agency in 2015.

"It's something we'll probably think about," Colletti said when asked about an extension.

Kershaw will head next year's rotation that currently includes Josh Beckett, Aaron Harang and Chris Capuano. Chad Billingsley will face hitters next week in Arizona, the first major test to determine if he needs Tommy John elbow reconstruction surgery. Ted Lilly is recovering from shoulder surgery. Joe Blanton is a free agent.

Free-agent pitchers likely to be on the Dodgers' radar include Hiroki Kuroda, Ryan Dempster, Jake Peavy, Kyle Lohse, Zack Greinke and Blanton.

Colletti said the club continues to search for a hitting coach to replace Dave Hansen, who was dismissed and was quickly named Seattle's batting coach.

Hansen's focus was technical and Colletti sounded as if the club preferred a coach more focused on approach.

"Our approach has to be stronger, our mindset sharper," said Colletti. "We had long stretches where we struggled. We added a lot of players. At the same time, it's still a pitcher, it's still a hitter. We've got to be productive."

He said that former Angels hitting coach Mickey Hatcher, who was a de facto assistant to Hansen for much of the season, is not a candidate.

"He's free to look around," said Colletti. "He has an interest in coming back, but I wouldn't say he's a candidate for hitting coach. There might be something else here for him."

Colletti praised Matt Kemp for playing through an injury that, as recent surgery revealed, was worse than originally known.

"[Team surgeon] Neal ElAttrache feels confident he'll be ready for camp," Colletti said. "He might be a touch behind. Give him a lot of credit. He played through a lot. He wouldn't go home, he would sit it out. Give him credit for battling through it the way he did. After the surgery you have a feeling for what he was going through."

Once the surgical patients recover, Colletti said he likes the lineup.

"With [Carl] Crawford, a couple years ago he was one of the most sought-after free agents," he said. With our speed and power, the combination, we have a lot of talent. It's the best lineup since I've been here and one of the best in the league. That said, we still have to play the game. But it's the type of lineup where it doesn't fall on one person, and that should benefit everybody."

Colletti said that Cuban outfielder Yasiel Puig, unable to play in the Arizona Fall League because of an elbow infection, is expected to play in the Puerto Rican Winter League in December. -

Looks like we're going after at least one starting pitcher and even more bullpen arms.

Last year we dumped Kuroda to get two starting pitchers for half the price. This offseason, we have at least plenty of arms to get through a season, yet we're already committing to going after another starter. The implication being that its not simply additional depth, but a front liner.

Damn I love the Guggenhein Group

Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash

Dodgers Official 2012-2013 Offseason Thread

Pitching, pitching, pitching...

The Vagiants have shutout the Tigers in back to back WS games...

Glad to see the new ownership group is thinking the same.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Colletti said he was encouraged by early discussions with free agent reliever Brandon League.
    ray:
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Clayton Kershaw won this years Roberto Clemente award...

#Joc2LA

vCash
    yeah congratulations to Clayton.
    Last edited by UPRock; 10-29-2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: you people got MAD!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UPRock View Post
    Who cares about Clayton, we won!!!!!! And you people didn't!
    You're totally deserving of an infraction/ban
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    How is this mother****er not banned?

vCash
    Who can ban him? Exactly
    #Joc2LA

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast