Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    Here are a few reasons "why":

286/31/115 - 5th overall for MVP, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger

All while playing on the Padres...at Petco.

If you need more:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...eadlch01.shtml

Yes, He would likely cost a lot but he is worth it. What other 3B of his caliber will be available in the near future?

NOT saying we could pull it off but if there is a chance we would be foolish to ignore the opportunity.

If you have to use the words fine and maybe in your statement, there is room for improvement. Cruz and Dee will never be what he is...but they are "fine"....I guess
    Really??? He is a good player but only had one really good year will be 29 at the beginning of the year and has not shown anything except for one year, even with agon hitting in front of him? let the kids play they are younger and have higher ceilings.
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!
    I would give her a ball maybe two!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Remember at 3rd we also have Seager in the minors or maybe they could convert Joc P seeing that he may never see the field in blue with Puig mashing.
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!

vCash
    But padres said they're not trading him

vCash
    Keep in mind we now have 5 pitchers with out a spot only one of them will be kept really.
    Capuano, lilly, Harang, Fife, Ely I say we trade for some kids to restock the system instead of an everyday player as we need to see how the guys we have can sort them selves out.
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!

vCash
    I see we might be in for the Youk...... Big question here we have long term contract for our outfielders what do we do with puig when or if he's ready next year?

vCash
    Trade em and restock the system

vCash
    Maybe we could teach Puig to play 3rd thats a dodger dream right
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!

vCash
    Yup would be crazy

vCash
    I doubt Puig is much more than a September call up. He dominated the rookie league and did ok in A ball. He had injuries at both levels and missed the AFL with an elbow infection. He will start at AA , maybe move up to AAA and probably be a Sept call up. 2014 he may be ready to start and make Crawford or Ethier expendable.

He's kinda big for 3rd base but stranger things have happened.

vCash
    There's not many third base options out there unfortunately. I don't mind Cruz at third, but I am not sold that he can repeat his performance from last season. He'd definitely be useful as a utility guy throughout the season.

I wouldn't mind moving Hanley to third if we can get someone like Jed Lowrie or Asdrubal Cabrera for SS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    Doesn't the spike in power scare anyone? He bested his career besr HR total by 19. This is the first time he hit past 20. I would like to see another good year from him and if he does it again, go after him as a trade target if we still ave a need by the break, but he will be a hard get.
    I think it shows the potential he has. If he falls somewhere in between 12 and 31 we have improved greatly over our current options. His Gold Glove is a definite bonus as well. Also we would have a season to evaluate before making a decision on re-signing him to a new contract.

I am more fearful that Cruz wont repeat his performance than Headley dropping in performance. .

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Apparently the Mets have rekindled extension talks with Dickey. Article on ESPN describes the Mets as having vetted 8 teams for "difference makers", and coming up short. If they wanted "difference makers" we should be happy we're out on him. No way is a 38yr old worth "difference makers" and a 2 year $28 million extension.

Still, after signing Greinke - an ace on most teams - I wonder if we try to add another ace. Looking around the National League we can see that Greinke is not the best number 2 starter. Arguably, some teams have better pitchers in the 3rd slot of the rotation; Cole Hamels, for instance.

Trade would be preferential at this point. Despite all his accolades, Anibal Sanchez isn't the epitome of a front line starter and though I'd prefer Kyle Lohse amongst free agent options, he brings many a cause for concern. Unfortunately, there are no Cole Hamels or Cliff Lee types available to my knowledge, so it appears we would really need to WOW a team to part with an ace.

I still believe the pursuit of Josh Hamilton is our best option for landing a pitcher via trade. It would free up a gold glove outfielder in addition to middle and back of the order mlb pitchers, and some prospects that are approaching their maturity dates but won't have a chance to play; like Dee Gordon.

Overwhelm a team with the major league talent to make them competitive, some prospects to help them in the future, and the cash necessary to make such a pricey deal more tolerable and maybe something happens.

Though I'm satisfied with the Greinke signing, I just don't think he's as dynamic as most are giving him credit for. I believe we're still short in the "ace" department. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Apparently the Mets have rekindled extension talks with Dickey. Article on ESPN describes the Mets as having vetted 8 teams for "difference makers", and coming up short. If they wanted "difference makers" we should be happy we're out on him. No way is a 38yr old worth "difference makers" and a 2 year $28 million extension.

Still, after signing Greinke - an ace on most teams - I wonder if we try to add another ace. Looking around the National League we can see that Greinke is not the best number 2 starter. Arguably, some teams have better pitchers in the 3rd slot of the rotation; Cole Hamels, for instance.

Trade would be preferential at this point. Despite all his accolades, Anibal Sanchez isn't the epitome of a front line starter and though I'd prefer Kyle Lohse amongst free agent options, he brings many a cause for concern. Unfortunately, there are no Cole Hamels or Cliff Lee types available to my knowledge, so it appears we would really need to WOW a team to part with an ace.

I still believe the pursuit of Josh Hamilton is our best option for landing a pitcher via trade. It would free up a gold glove outfielder in addition to middle and back of the order mlb pitchers, and some prospects that are approaching their maturity dates but won't have a chance to play; like Dee Gordon.

Overwhelm a team with the major league talent to make them competitive, some prospects to help them in the future, and the cash necessary to make such a pricey deal more tolerable and maybe something happens.

Though I'm satisfied with the Greinke signing, I just don't think he's as dynamic as most are giving him credit for. I believe we're still short in the "ace" department. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
    He is, he just has to fix one thing and that is to not overthink or over pitch when he gives up a run. I was watching a show on MLB TV and 24 of the 89 runs he have up were runs he gave up in 1 inning. Like he had some games where he gave up like 4, 5, 6 runs in 1 inning and was great the rest of the game. If the catcher and pitching coach can help that number come down, he will be back in Cy Young talks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

Meh. If we shore up the offense some more like they are talking about, we should be just fine over the long haul. I expect Greinke to do better playing in DS in a pitchers park anyway. The SP is much better at the outset of this season compared to last season on paper. When Bills is our 4-5 starter, you know we are doing alright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    he just has to fix one thing and that is to not overthink or over pitch when he gives up a run.
    Though I agree, I think that's a task much easier planned than implemented. For instance, Billingsley has had the exact same problem for years and has yet to overcome.

If he had been able to overcome at any point earlier in his career, he'd be drawing comparisons with Matt Cain in the talent department. Instead he is now our 3rd, 4th, or even 5th best starter depending on which CBills shows up.

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast