Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think that's fair. Stanton has legit 600 HR power and he's under control. Plus, pitchers tend to 'break' easier.

Not saying he's worth it straight up, but I think you're undervaluing Stanton.
    Last edited by DodgerB24; 01-14-2013 at 08:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    I don't think that's fair. Stanton has legit 600 HR power and he's under control. Plus, pitchers tend to 'break' easier.

Not saying he's worth it straight up, but I think you're undervaluing Stanton.
    As much as I would love to have stanton, I think Kershaw is much more important to our team this season. If we make the playoffs, its going to take an ace or 2 to beat other good teams.

vCash
    If Puig is close to Stanton I'm gonna wet my pants with excitement
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Dodgers signed Peter Moylan to a minor league deal, love it.
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Is there a way to trade for Aramis Ramirez or Elvis Andrus to play short or 3rd, where ever Hanley isn't playing? Hanley didn't play short as asked in winter ball and will not be in spring training, because he will be sitting on the bench in the WBC (listed 3rd in depth chart @ 3rd) Luis Cruz hit .173 in winter ball and Dee Gordan had 9 throwing errors this winter. I think we need at least one person that will be halfway decent on the left side this year. If something goes wrong and Cruz plays bad, we are screwed. If Hanley plays bad he will become a distraction to the team. Having Dee as the fallback is a bad option. What do you guys think? Trade Andre to Texas with Cappy for Elvis Andrus and then sign Bourn? Crawford, Bourn & Kemp in the OF with Hanley & Andrus on the left side sounds good to me. Sorry just bored......but worried

vCash
    http://t.co/Qik4wU53

The Dodgers are leaning toward moving their television broadcasts from Fox Sports to Time Warner Cable starting in 2014, according to people familiar with the matter but not authorized to discuss it.

The Dodgers have not made a final decision, the people said.

The Dodgers also have yet to reach agreement with Major League Baseball on how the structure of a deal would affect the team’s contribution to the MLB revenue-sharing system, according to a person familiar with the discussions but not authorized to comment on them.

With the Dodgers expected to sign the most lucrative local television contract in baseball history – perhaps worth close to $7 billion – the sides are analyzing whether the team’s revenue-sharing bill should be closer to $1 billion or $2 billion.

Mark Walter, the Dodgers’ controlling owner, and MLB Executive Vice President Rob Manfred discussed the issue at the owners’ meetings in Arizona last week. Walter did not respond to several messages; Manfred declined to comment.

The Dodgers would prefer to resolve the matter with MLB rather than refer it to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, which is empowered to settle any disputes as part of the settlement between the league and former owner Frank McCourt.

The Dodgers’ current contract with Fox expires after the 2013 season. The team had discussed a new deal with Fox last fall, worth at least $6 billion over 25 years. However, as MLB and the Dodgers discussed their differences over the revenue-sharing issue, the Fox exclusive negotiating window expired, enabling Time Warner to initiate negotiations with the team.

Fox Sports launched a second local cable channel – now called Prime Ticket – to carry the Dodgers in 1997. Fox Sports previously lost the Lakers to Time Warner Cable, and the departure of the Dodgers would leave Fox with the Angels, Clippers, Ducks and Kings as the anchor teams for two channels.

vCash
    Bah, not sure how I feel about that or weather I care what network they choose, I'm gonna get the channel no matter what Lol
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    I really really want Daniel Murphy, or Matt Carpenter. We need to make a deal, send Capuano for one of them, and toss in a mid-level prospect if necessary. 3rd base is a pretty big hole right now.

vCash
    with that said rolen would be fine as a cheaper option i guess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpgoblue07 View Post
    Is there a way to trade for Aramis Ramirez or Elvis Andrus to play short or 3rd, where ever Hanley isn't playing? Hanley didn't play short as asked in winter ball and will not be in spring training, because he will be sitting on the bench in the WBC (listed 3rd in depth chart @ 3rd) Luis Cruz hit .173 in winter ball and Dee Gordan had 9 throwing errors this winter. I think we need at least one person that will be halfway decent on the left side this year. If something goes wrong and Cruz plays bad, we are screwed. If Hanley plays bad he will become a distraction to the team. Having Dee as the fallback is a bad option. What do you guys think? Trade Andre to Texas with Cappy for Elvis Andrus and then sign Bourn? Crawford, Bourn & Kemp in the OF with Hanley & Andrus on the left side sounds good to me. Sorry just bored......but worried
    I'm not sure what you mean, because Aramis is a mediocre 3b and i wouldn't want him playing SS and Andrus is already a SS, i think 2nd base would be more natural for hanley personally.

and if the rangers wouldn't trade Andrus to Zona for Upton, lol well they aren't going to do it for Dre/Cap.

vCash
    D-backs trade Upton to Atlanta.

Kevin Towers making Colletti look like a genius.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgernation View Post
    I really really want Daniel Murphy, or Matt Carpenter. We need to make a deal, send Capuano for one of them, and toss in a mid-level prospect if necessary. 3rd base is a pretty big hole right now.
    Skip Schumaker

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    D-backs trade Upton to Atlanta.

Kevin Towers making Colletti look like a genius.
    I hated the trade at first, but now doesn't it doesn't sound awful unless JUP really figures it out, of course I still would take that chance if I was Atlanta, therefore they still win the trade, his upside is worth it alone
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpgoblue07 View Post
    There was a local radio guy who speculated.. made it clear that this was his own opinion.. didn't have anything to back up his comment... yada yada (you get the picture.. he was opining) that there could be or should be some mutual interest between the Cleveland Indians and LA Dodgers, specifically for the services of Asdrubal Cabrera...

According to this guy, the idea came to him after listening to the 'banter' earlier in the Hot Stove season when there was an alleged rumor that the Philadelphia Phillies were discussing an acquisition of Asdrubal Cabrera for third base.. That deal never materialized as the Phillies went ahead and acquired Ben Revere for essentially the same kind of package the Indians were hoping to receive for Asdrubal Cabrera: Vance Worley and Trevor May. That is, a BOR/MOR major league starting pitcher who has had some success and an SP prospect with significant upside to a MOR/FOR SP..

A similar deal with the Dodgers appears to be possible, however, the return for Cabrera would absolutely need to be be improved. That is, Asdrubal Cabrera >> Ben Revere.. This radio guy suggested the following:

Dodgers get: Asdrubal Cabrera and Joe Smith
    Indians get: Chris Capuano, Yasiel Puig, & Corey Seager

FWIW, there isn't another SS candidate out there that can walk into a team and be that GOOD reason to move a player like Hanley Ramirez from SS to 3B. There are even fewer major leaguers that can play each of 2B, 3B & SS and still have the kind of offensive impact Asdrubal Cabrera brings to the team. The cost may be high, but so is the return.

Thoughts?

oh... and to LASportsFan1996:
    ...If Puig is close to Stanton I'm gonna wet my pants with excitement...
    Mr Depends-Wearer is using this as his excuse?..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    There was a local radio guy who speculated.. made it clear that this was his own opinion.. didn't have anything to back up his comment... yada yada (you get the picture.. he was opining) that there could be or should be some mutual interest between the Cleveland Indians and LA Dodgers, specifically for the services of Asdrubal Cabrera...

According to this guy, the idea came to him after listening to the 'banter' earlier in the Hot Stove season when there was an alleged rumor that the Philadelphia Phillies were discussing an acquisition of Asdrubal Cabrera for third base.. That deal never materialized as the Phillies went ahead and acquired Ben Revere for essentially the same kind of package the Indians were hoping to receive for Asdrubal Cabrera: Vance Worley and Trevor May. That is, a BOR/MOR major league starting pitcher who has had some success and an SP prospect with significant upside to a MOR/FOR SP..

A similar deal with the Dodgers appears to be possible, however, the return for Cabrera would absolutely need to be be improved. That is, Asdrubal Cabrera >> Ben Revere.. This radio guy suggested the following:

Dodgers get: Asdrubal Cabrera and Joe Smith
    Indians get: Chris Capuano, Yasiel Puig, & Corey Seager

FWIW, there isn't another SS candidate out there that can walk into a team and be that GOOD reason to move a player like Hanley Ramirez from SS to 3B. There are even fewer major leaguers that can play each of 2B, 3B & SS and still have the kind of offensive impact Asdrubal Cabrera brings to the team. The cost may be high, but so is the return.

Thoughts?

I don't think so, I really would like Cabrera, but that is giving up quite a bit, plus you know Puig is making 7M a season, right?

oh... and to LASportsFan1996: Mr Depends-Wearer is using this as his excuse?..
    I don't think so, I really would like Cabrera, but that is giving up quite a bit, plus you know Puig is making 7M a season, right?

Lol
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Capuano and Dee Gordon for Cabrera is all Id give up maybe throw in Harang if they really want him.

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast