Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What do you guys think about doing something like Ellsbury for Andrus and a guy like Wilmer Font or Justin Grimm..

You guys need a leadoff hitter and a replacement for Hamilton, and we need a SS. Andrus is playing in Profars spot, and Ellsbury is playing in Bradley's (when he's ready). I think it would be best for both teams.

Thoughts?

vCash
    didn't see you guys talking about it, my bad

vCash
    Never going to happen. We could do A LOT better than Ellsbury if we wanted to trade Elvis. And the fact that you think you'd get Grimm or Font with Elvis for a guy who only played 74 games is hilarious.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Never going to happen. We could do A LOT better than Ellsbury if we wanted to trade Elvis. And the fact that you think you'd get Grimm or Font with Elvis for a guy who only played 74 games is hilarious.
    Andrus value goes down a little because you are going to have to do something with him. He is not going to just sit on the bench while Profar plays and you have Kinsler at 2nd and Beltre at 3rd.

Ells was an MVP candidate last year and when healthy has shown to be a dangerous leadoff hitter and an EXCELLENT defensive CF, and you need both of those things.

Im sorry but the only "hilarious" thing is you laughing Ells out of the way and people saying Torii Hunter would be a good replacement for Hamilton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77:23919812
    Andrus value goes down a little because you are going to have to do something with him. He is not going to just sit on the bench while Profar plays and you have Kinsler at 2nd and Beltre at 3rd.

Ells was an MVP candidate last year and when healthy has shown to be a dangerous leadoff hitter and an EXCELLENT defensive CF, and you need both of those things.

Im sorry but the only "hilarious" thing is you laughing Ells out of the way and people saying Torii Hunter would be a good replacement for Hamilton.
    First off, Elvis is a more than capable leadoff hitter, Ron is just ********. Second, it's absurd to think we'd trade Elvis for Ellsbury. Ells is 5 years older than Elvis, injury prone, making more money already and is due for a pay day after this season versus Elvis in two. This isn't MLB the Show. Then on top of that, you want more than just Elvis. Yeah, keep dreaming.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post

No, whats HILARIOUS is that you think Elvis would ride our bench over Profar. How clueless can someone be? Might be the dumbest thing i've read in quite a while.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash

soooo many things wrong about your entire logic that I dont even have to energy to address them

vCash
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...6&postcount=13

Trade
    To Texas - Ellsbury, Doubront, Aviles, Carpenter
    To Boston - Andrus, Holland
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    OMG, please take a look at the extremely bitter Rangers fans in this forum:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/t...e-oakland.html

I mean I have just of a sour taste in my mouth as anyone, but I completely blame the Rangers for the down fall and you have to give credit where credit is due with the A's, not doing so is just sad and pathetic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I agree with points on both sides of this arguments, but what it all comes down to is WHERE he could be dealt. A few thoughts...

Tampa: I agree with Skizzik here (and have said this quite a few times) that Andrus wouldn't fit longterm plans, being that Tampa has a limited payroll. So, unless they're getting a guy like Profar, there's no way dealing Price for a guy that would only be there for 2 years would be worth it to them.

Arizona: Here's where I agree with slugger. Who's to say Arizona couldn't afford to re-sign Andrus a couple years from now? They would have the finances to do so and a swap of Upton, who appeared to be wanting out of Phoenix, for a guy that (as you said Skizzik) could be the best SS in the league in a couple years, would make a lot of sense for both teams.

Yankees: They'd have the money for him (and I imagine they'll be a player for him when FA rolls around in a couple years), but there's nothing to get from them.

Red Sox: Again, here's a team that could afford him and would probably love to get a real SS. They have guys like Jacoby Ellsbury who, while I don't personally like that deal (he'd only have 1 year on his contract and is pretty injury prone), would fill a need for this Rangers team.

San Francisco: What about an Andrus for Lincecum swap? I realize that something was wrong with Timmy this year, but with his value at it's lowest, maybe both teams would make this deal.

Then you have the teams that could afford him in a couple years...

Dodgers: Don't need him with Hanley there.
    Cubs: Don't need him with Castro there.
    Angels: Never count them out, but no way the Rangers make a deal with them.
    Mets: Laugh at this one, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them with money and in rebuild mode here in a couple years.
    Cardinals: Could afford him, but who do you want from that team?
    White Sox: Not sure what we'd want, but I imagine their priorities will revolve around pitching anyway.

To me, it still comes down to the fact that we've got one too many IF'ers here. Profar should be playing next year and since we're not dealing him, that means Elvis or Ian has to go. I've stated my preference, but it'll come down to what other teams want as well. Is Ian more valuable than Elvis or vice versa?
    I would trade Holland for Lincecum, but I wouldn't trade Elvis for him. Just a disclaimer, I don't think Holland for Lincecum would ever work anyways. Timmy scared a lot of people with his season last year. He only pitched two innings of relief in the NLDS, which shows what the Giants think of him right now too. My point is, I'm just not sure I'd be willing to give up Elvis for a guy who might not ever regain the form he had in 2008-2011.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash

Too bad we don't have one of those.... ohh that's right, we do. His name is Craig Gentry and he actually has better defense metrics than Ells across the board, while playing more innings too. Michael Bourn is also a free agent who is a great leadoff guy and the best defensive CF in the game. We could probably get him for 3/4 the amount it would take for us to resign Ells after next season, and he isn't injury prone.

Try again...
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    I cant even look in the Red Sox forum without laughing at how much they insanely value their players, one guy suggested this:

Red Sox send: Buchholz, Ellsbury, Kalish, Iglasias
    Cubs send: Castro, Rizzo

WOW

vCash

Ellsbury's value goes down due to constant injury and only having one year left on his contract. No way do we trade a 24 year old, potential top 3 SS with 2 years left on his contract for that.

I would much rather have Justin Upton for the price of Andrus (or Kinsler) than Ellsbury.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    I cant even look in the Red Sox forum without laughing at how much they insanely value their players, one guy suggested this:

Red Sox send: Buchholz, Ellsbury, Kalish, Iglasias
    Cubs send: Castro, Rizzo

WOW
    Funny how Ellsbury is so good, yet he's involved in every mock deal from Red Sox fans. If you love him, why not re-sign him? They certainly have the money now that they've blown up their team.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Well, the baseball gods officially hate Rangers fans, and me specifically. Not only is the NLCS the Giants and Cardinals...puke, but the ALCS is the Yankees, who we all hate, and the Tigers who I hate because of some friends who root for them annoy the **** out of me.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast