Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
    vCash
    ESPN.com

Texas Rangers pitcher Neftali Feliz has agreed to terms on a one-year contract for the 2013 season.

The deal is worth $2.9 million plus incentives and means that David Murphy is the only arbitration-eligible Ranger player unsigned.

Feliz, 24, had Tommy John surgery in August and is rehabbing. He hopes to rejoin the club at some point in the middle of the 2013 season. He was 3-1 with a 3.16 ERA in eight games (seven starts) last season before going on the disabled list on May 19. He didn't pitch again the rest of the season.

He was the club's closer in 2010 and 2011, earning 72 saves in 134 appearances. He was the 2010 AL Rookie of the Year with 40 saves and is fourth on the club's all-time saves list

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    2 years ago who would have ever imagined that Napoli & Salty would essentially have the same stats and be signed for almost the same salary...

I bet Napoli regrets not signing an extension with us.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Newberg report:

The Rangers have announced that they have agreed to terms with outfielder David Murphy on a one-year deal, avoiding the need for a hearing on what had been the club’s final pending arbitration case.

No terms were disclosed, but there have been reports locally that the Murphy contract is for either $5.75 million, $5.575 million, or $5.775 million. The third figure seems most likely, as it would represent the midpoint between Murphy’s arbitration proposal ($6.5 million) and the club’s submission ($5.05 million).

Texas runs its streak of avoiding arbitration hearings since 2000, when Lee Stevens had asked for $4.7 million, the Rangers had proposed $3.5 million, and an arbitration panel ruled in favor of the club.

vCash
    MLBTR:

The Rangers have signed Nate Robertson to a Minor League deal with an invitation to Spring Training, tweets ESPN's Jerry Crasnick. The 35-year-old southpaw is a client of Steve Canter.

Robertson's last Major League action came back in 2010 when he spent most of the season with the Marlins and also pitched one ill-fated inning for the Phillies. He was a staple in the Tigers' rotation from 2004-07, starting 126 games and totaling 779 2/3 innings of work.

In 1,152 1/3 career innings, Robertson has a 5.01 ERA, 6.1 K/9 and 3.3 BB/9. We heard earlier this month that he was looking for a Minor League contract with a chance to come to a big league camp and compete for a bullpen spot. Crasnick adds in a second tweet that Robertson will do just that.

vCash
    MLBTR:

The Rangers have had discussions with Mike Moye, the agent for David Murphy, assistant general manager Thad Levine tells MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan. Murphy agreed to a one-year deal worth $5.775MM earlier today, avoiding arbitration for the final time before hitting free agency. According to Levine, the team preferred to "get through [arbitration] first and then continue that dialogue later."

"Later" could mean Spring Training, writes Sullivan. As he points out, the Rangers have hammered out significant extensions for both Derek Holland and Ian Kinsler during Spring Training in recent years. That line of thinking also allows the Rangers to have a better sense of their long-term outfield picture. As it stands, the team is still interested in both Justin Upton and Michael Bourn. Acquiring either could impact potential extension talks for Murphy.

According to Sullivan, the team is also interested in discussing a long-term deal for Nelson Cruz, but no talks have taken place as of yet. Those, much like talks with Murphy, are likely to occur during Spring Training. Cruz signed a two-year, $16MM contract with the Rangers last offseason that bought out his final two years of arbitration. The 32-year-old is eligible to become a free agent following the 2013 season.

vCash
    The Diamondbacks and Rangers haven’t revived Upton-centered trade talks since the Mariners’ failed attempt at acquiring the 25-year-old right fielder. Rosenthal reports that the sides agreed to “move on.” When the teams were last in contact the Rangers offered a four-played package led by Mike Olt that would have included shortstop prospect Leury Garcia and either Martin Perez or Cody Buckel plus a fourth prospect.
    The Rangers continue pondering one significant move. They are viewed as possible destinations for Kyle Lohse and Michael Bourn, and could also pursue relief help. The Rangers discussed right-handed reliever Tyler Clippard with the Nationals earlier this offseason, Rosenthal reports.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#baO63D4xTCXSs1bJ.99

That is practically the exact package we have all talked about for Upton, seems like a big offer to me and I have no idea why the Diamondbacks have not pulled the trigger on it....again, I think it just comes down to Towers being greedy.

As for Clippard, I am a little bias towards getting him because I played ball with him in little league, but his GB rate is awful and my baseball sense tells me he would not be a good fit for us.

vCash
    If that's what Texas is offering, then you can't blame them for not getting Upton. That is fair, if not overpaying.

vCash
    According to TR Sullivan, the Rangers don't expect to sign Michael Bourn or Kyle Loshe. I just don't get what this FO is trying to do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #1 Romo fan View Post
    According to TR Sullivan, the Rangers don't expect to sign Michael Bourn or Kyle Loshe. I just don't get what this FO is trying to do
    Not give up a first round draft pick for those two guys. Seems pretty smart to me.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    Not give up a first round draft pick for those two guys. Seems pretty smart to me.
    Not to mention that Boras wants at least $15m/yr. for Bourn, who wouldn't be that much of an upgrade to what we already have and Lohse wants a 3 year deal.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Just booked a trip to Spring Training! I am going to do something I never thought I would do - I am not going to a Ranger game. Going to watch the Diamond Backs take on Mexico and then the DBacks take on Kansas. My self led protest of our front office is underway. I am fully prepared not to give Mr. Ryan one nickel this year. It won't accomplish anything other than making me feel good. I am also banning myself from eating any of nolan's beef products. The FO has made me PO this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    Just booked a trip to Spring Training! I am going to do something I never thought I would do - I am not going to a Ranger game. Going to watch the Diamond Backs take on Mexico and then the DBacks take on Kansas. My self led protest of our front office is underway. I am fully prepared not to give Mr. Ryan one nickel this year. It won't accomplish anything other than making me feel good. I am also banning myself from eating any of nolan's beef products. The FO has made me PO this offseason.
    I'm heading to Spring Training this year also...in Florida.

There's not an ounce of excitement about the Rangers for me this spring, so I'd rather be able to hit the beach after a game, then go out and get some fresh seafood at night.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    For what it is worth, this will be the 3rd year since the Ballpark opened that I have not had full blown season tickets or at least one of the 10 game plans. The other two years I did not have tickets we went to the WS both times. As peeved as I am at Ryan and Daniels I hope this streak continues!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I'm heading to Spring Training this year also...in Florida.

There's not an ounce of excitement about the Rangers for me this spring, so I'd rather be able to hit the beach after a game, then go out and get some fresh seafood at night.
    I am in the exact same boat. You can't beat Florida in March

vCash
    .....//)... (\`\
    ././/.. ..\\.\
    ../.// ...\\.\
    ..//./\../ `\.\`\
    .././/././.|__| .\.\.\\.\..
    (.(.(.(./.)..)..(..(. \.).).).)
    .\.\//.\. ..\/./
    ..\.. /..\../
    .\...../.........\..../

To our friends in the front office for raising the prices on everything after their 'efforts' this offseason.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast