Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Also, A buddy of mine just told me The Rangers met with Cody Ross last night and had dinner with him. What do yall think about the possibility of signing Ross??

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...medium=twitter

vCash
    No way Jackson gets 4/50. 4 years sure, but not for $50 million. The dude's got nasty stuff but hasn't learned to control it yet. If we can get him for a good price I'd be pretty happy.

Also there's no way Holland and Olt plus some fillers are gonna get Stanton. Not even the Marlins are that dumb.

vCash
    I am so so on Ross. The Rangers need another OF, but Ross seems like plan G based off of what other options the Rangers have missed out on. I do like the way he seems to hustle all the time though.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCS1994 View Post
    Hey fellas, first post on the forums but I'll say I have been following and reading the forums for the past couple of years, just never got signed up. Feels good to finally be able to write and share my ideas with everyone in here! Go Rangers!
    Welcome aboard!

This is my favorite place to discuss/argue my favorite teams, so hope to have you join in some.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    I'd be ok on Ross...depending on the terms.

At this stage I'm ok on anyone, but I hate to see the Rangers give out any longterm deals (more than 2 years) to anyone left on the market. If you're going to let the kids develop...let them develop and back them up with 1 year rentals. If you want to try to win now...then sign better players than Edwin Jackson and Cody Ross (especially on multi-year deals).

Surely, this FO won't give Jackson 4 years also. If they do, then I'd say it's signaling their lack of faith in either Ogando, Holland or Perez. They could always move Ogando back to the rotation and being that they just signed Holland longterm, it would seem as though they don't have confidence that Perez will turn into anything in the next several years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    No way Jackson gets 4/50. 4 years sure, but not for $50 million. The dude's got nasty stuff but hasn't learned to control it yet. If we can get him for a good price I'd be pretty happy.

Also there's no way Holland and Olt plus some fillers are gonna get Stanton. Not even the Marlins are that dumb.
    I don't know...they have a ton of holes to fill.

If you offered them anyone not named Profar, I'd think they'd have to jump at multiple talented (and cheap) players headed their direction.

They simply aren't going to win with Stanton and it's not like he's going to re-sign with them if they don't right the ship either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I don't know...they have a ton of holes to fill.

If you offered them anyone not named Profar, I'd think they'd have to jump at multiple talented (and cheap) players headed their direction.

They simply aren't going to win with Stanton and it's not like he's going to re-sign with them if they don't right the ship either.
    Yes but Stanton is already an MVP candidate and he's only 23, that's younger than Elvis for comparison. Last year at age 22, he hit 37 HRs in a very pitcher friendly park in Miami. Just imagine what he would do here

vCash
    I haven't seen too many rumors for Morse over the past couple of weeks. Wonder if he is still on the trade block

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    I haven't seen too many rumors for Morse over the past couple of weeks. Wonder if he is still on the trade block
    Saw something about him being linked to the Mariners making a run for him.

vCash
    Olt, Holland, + + for Stanton

Andrus for Upton (CF)

Sign Swisher

Sign A.J.

Get it done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcculloch21 View Post
    Olt, Holland, + + for Stanton

Andrus for Upton (CF)

Sign Swisher

Sign A.J.

Get it done
    Upton can't play center. Also, Andrus and Upton are pretty similar production wise, they're just different players. It really comes down to if Texas wants a OBP top of the order hitter, or more of a power hitter in the middle of the lineup. It also depends on if Texas thinks Profar can be an immediate replacement or even an upgrade over Andrus right away.

vCash
    Rangers president cooking up something new:

FORT WORTH, Texas – Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan was known for bringing the heat during his major league pitching career.

Soon Ryan will be known for bringing good burgers and steaks to a dinner table near you.

Ryan, the president of the Texas Rangers, will have a cookbook come out in May of 2014. Titled "The Nolan Ryan Beef Cookbook," the offering is a perfect way for Ryan to capitalize not only on his name but also help his beef company, Nolan Ryan's All-Natural Texas Beef.

"It's beef recipes and it ties the meat company in and it gives people different opportunities of different ways to prepare beef and then side dishes," said Ryan, who moonlights as a cattle rancher.

But if you're looking for Ryan's favorite recipes, you won't find them. Ryan said he doesn't do much cooking at home, but it doesn't mean he's not having any input on the book.

"We've been working on it for the past year," Ryan said. "We've tried all the recipes. We've had tastings. I'm very excited about it."

This isn't the first time Ryan has done a book. He's worked on autobiographies and lent his name to a pitching book too.

"This is something different," he said. "It's still a long time from going out but it should be interesting."

Ryan's beef is sold in grocery-store chains throughout Texas as well as several restaurants in the state.
    This came off the Fox Sports Southwest site.

I love that this is Nolan's priority...been saying that all he cares about is his beef and a market to sell it in for quite a while now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    This came off the Fox Sports Southwest site.

I love that this is Nolan's priority...been saying that all he cares about is his beef and a market to sell it in for quite a while now.
    He needs to have one named the offseason burger. At first glance it looks like a big juicy burger. Then when you bite into it you realize it is a disappointing piece of SPAM. But at least it is cheap to make

vCash
    Grady Sizemore in CF? Elite talent on an incentive laden contract?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcculloch21 View Post
    Grady Sizemore in CF? Elite talent on an incentive laden contract?
    Sure, if we can travel back in time to 2008 to pick up that elite talent he left there.

Seriously though...if we're going the "youth route", then I'd still rather than see what Gentry/Martin can do first.

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast