Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If Andrus won't agree to an extension, we could still flip him next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcculloch21 View Post
    If Andrus won't agree to an extension, we could still flip him next year
    I have a feeling that we will be sellers at the trade deadline and even more people will be gone....but at least at that point we will get specs in return for our players leaving.

vCash
    The more and more I think about it, I think we should sign Bourn. He gives us a great defensive CF between Cruz and Murphy, can get Kinsler out of the leadoff spot finally, and with the market slowing down he could be had at a decent price. Bourn fits the mold of speed and defense that this team is trending towards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    The more and more I think about it, I think we should sign Bourn. He gives us a great defensive CF between Cruz and Murphy, can get Kinsler out of the leadoff spot finally, and with the market slowing down he could be had at a decent price. Bourn fits the mold of speed and defense that this team is trending towards
    But what do you do with Gentry and Martin? Are you counting on Profar being in AAA this year?
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that the Rangers will meet with free agent catcher A.J. Pierzynski in Arlington on Tuesday.
    Source: ESPN Chicago Dec 18 - 4:04 PM
    Que the theme from Rocky....
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    No thanks.

I just don't see Bourn as a big upgrade over Gentry/Martin.

I also want no part of an extended contract with him (which he wants). Bourn's best quality is his speed and that's usually the first tool to go with age.

This team needs to find a way to replace Hamilton + Napoli's power production at this point.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    I am praying that we sign Swisher, Pierzynski, and LaRoche. Get some power and a couple of lefties in the lineup. I am also not giving up on a trade for Upton before the season starts. There are rumblings on ESPN that they still want to move him and the Rangers are still in the mix. Also like the idea of Edwin Jackson and it wouldnt shock me to see us trade for Cliff lee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogeyman View Post
    I am praying that we sign Swisher, Pierzynski, and LaRoche. Get some power and a couple of lefties in the lineup. I am also not giving up on a trade for Upton before the season starts. There are rumblings on ESPN that they still want to move him and the Rangers are still in the mix. Also like the idea of Edwin Jackson and it wouldnt shock me to see us trade for Cliff lee.
    You might get Pierzynski, but it's looking doubtful on Swisher and LaRoche. Raul Ibanez seems to be drawing interest from our team though. Whoopie!

I hate this FO.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    The Rangers are reported to have interest in Hanrahan. The Pirates are looking for a decent middle of the rotation (3/4) starter in return for him. They are apparently not too concerned about control so a 1 year guy is fine and anywhere up to 7-8 million in salary should be fine. My question is do the Rangers have anyone that fits the description?
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    The Rangers are reported to have interest in Hanrahan. The Pirates are looking for a decent middle of the rotation (3/4) starter in return for him. They are apparently not too concerned about control so a 1 year guy is fine and anywhere up to 7-8 million in salary should be fine. My question is do the Rangers have anyone that fits the description?
    I would love to see us get the Hammer. The Rangers entire pitching staff is full of decent middle of the rotation pitchers. However, the Rangers are technically short a seasoned starter, so I am not sure who they could trade.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    No thanks.

I just don't see Bourn as a big upgrade over Gentry/Martin.

I also want no part of an extended contract with him (which he wants). Bourn's best quality is his speed and that's usually the first tool to go with age.

This team needs to find a way to replace Hamilton + Napoli's power production at this point.
    I agree. Gentry, who I favor over Martin, isn't quite on Bourns level but he's a lot cheaper considering his production.

vCash
    In regards to the posts on Bourne, keep in mind that many baseball 'experts' are saying that his market has dried up and that he might end up signing a one-year contract.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/t...chatter-121812

Ken Rosenthal

Some executives still believe that the Diamondbacks will trade Upton, even though general manager Kevin Towers has said such a move is “highly unlikely.”

One exec asks: What if Upton, 25, has a mediocre season? It would be the third time in four years that he failed to meet expectations. And at that point, his value will be diminished.

Upton will earn $9.75 million this season, but his salary will be more than $14 million in each of the final two years of his deal. Meanwhile, the industry perception is that the D-Backs are down on him, though no one is quite sure why.

In other words: The D-Backs still might be motivated to trade Upton now.

vCash
    jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM reports that Edwin Jackson is down to the Rangers and Cubs after the Padres refused to offer him four years and bowed out.
    The Angels and Indians had previously expressed interest in the right-hander, but they're evidently no longer players. The Rangers view Jackson as a backup plan after losing out on Zack Greinke, while the Cubs are looking at him as a backup plan after being outbid for Anibal Sanchez. Jackson shouldn't have trouble getting $50-plus million on a four-year contract.
    We substitute Josh Hamilton/Mike Napoli and Zack Greinke, for AJ Perizenesnskszi and Edwin Jackson
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    Wow I had no idea Edwin Jackson is only 29. I wouldn't mind giving him 4 years if the price is right.

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast