Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bleeping bleepity bleep, the Angels are about to sign Hamilton.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    Bleeping bleepity bleep, the Angels are about to sign Hamilton.
    According to MLB source the Angels are in SERIOUS negotiations with Josh Hamilton. No deal has been reached as of yet.

Rangers can't let this happen and if they do they better have something grand up their sleeve

vCash
    Good, let them have him. They're going to overpay him and he'll fizzle down the stretch every year like he always does. He's gonna end up being a bad contract. I don't see how they can resign Trout in the next few years either with all that money wrapped up into Pujols, CJ, and now Hamilton.

**** Josh Hamilton, let's get Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Good, let them have him. They're going to overpay him and he'll fizzle down the stretch every year like he always does. He's gonna end up being a bad contract. I don't see how they can resign Trout in the next few years either with all that money wrapped up into Pujols, CJ, and now Hamilton.

**** Josh Hamilton, let's get Upton.
    All signs are pointing to Upton being off the table unless Elvis is included in a deal. If this teams loses Elvis, I don't think getting Upton will make much of a difference in the standings.

If we lose Hamilton, then we need to overpay for Bourn and try to sign LaRoche. Trade Olt to the Mets for Dickey, and figure out a way to get a real catcher.

CF: Bourn
    SS: Elvis
    1B: LaRoche
    3B: Beltre
    2B: Kinsler
    OF: Cruz
    OF: Murphy
    DH: Moreland/Napoli???
    C: Soto

Bench:
    Moreland
    Profar
    Gentry
    Eli Shitside

Rotation:
    Darvish
    Harrison
    Dickey
    Ogando
    Holland

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    [QUOTE=Cursed Rangers;24712852]All signs are pointing to Upton being off the table unless Elvis is included in a deal. If this teams loses Elvis, I don't think getting Upton will make much of a difference in the standings.

If we lose Hamilton, then we need to overpay for Bourn and try to sign LaRoche. Trade Olt to the Mets for Dickey, and figure out a way to get a real catcher.

Agree, I don't trade Elvis or Profar for Upton because it's essentially a wash. We need to get Upton if Hamilton is gone though, I hope we can find another way. I would love to get Dickey too as he would be a great leader in the club house of young guys.

vCash
    You could always trade Olt and Sardinas to the Yankees for Granderson and not overpay for Bourn in dollars and years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHughesUnit View Post
    You could always trade Olt and Sardinas to the Yankees for Granderson and not overpay for Bourn in dollars and years.
    Don't the Yankees have the world's greatest player at 3B? Where would Olt ever play with his highness manning the corner for the next several years?

Sorry, I just hate ARod....

The Rangers have a massive power gap to fill with both Hamilton and Napoli not being part of this roster. Something has to be done.

vCash
    Texas Rangers offseason plan:

1) Do NOT sign any significant free agents
    2) Do NOT trade for any significant player
    3) Lose all good players to division and/or other AL rivals.

????

5?) World series champions???

vCash
    All signs are pointing to Upton being off the table unless Elvis is included in a deal. If this teams loses Elvis, I don't think getting Upton will make much of a difference in the standings.

CF: Bourn
    SS: Elvis
    1B: LaRoche
    3B: Beltre
    2B: Kinsler
    OF: Cruz
    OF: Murphy
    DH: Moreland/Napoli???
    C: Soto

Bench:
    Moreland
    Profar
    Gentry
    Eli Shitside

Rotation:
    Darvish
    Harrison
    Dickey
    Ogando
    Holland
    There is absolutely no way in hell Profar rides the bench. He either starts in the Majors or starts in AAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHughesUnit View Post
    Yes because 1 year of Granderson is really worth Olt and Sardinas...

vCash
    Sorry, but I'm getting to the point where I find this offseason hilarious. What did JD and Nolan really expect?

Did they expect Greinke just to fall into our laps because Nolan is the great Nolan Ryan?
    Did they expect not to trade quality to get quality in return?
    Did they expect to prioritize Greinke and try to sign Upton and just have Hamilton return to them when they couldn't get either?

All in all, this FO acts as though they're entitled to talent because of our recent success...success, that was not championship success by the way.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    If we lose Hamilton, then we need to overpay for Bourn
    Yes, because giving Bourn with his .739 OPS last year a multi-year contract is ever so smart when we could get similar production with Martin and Gentry.

Knee-jerk panic moves never work out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Sorry, but I'm getting to the point where I find this offseason hilarious. What did JD and Nolan really expect?

Did they expect Greinke just to fall into our laps because Nolan is the great Nolan Ryan?
    Did they expect not to trade quality to get quality in return?
    Did they expect to prioritize Greinke and try to sign Upton and just have Hamilton return to them when they couldn't get either?

All in all, this FO acts as though they're entitled to talent because of our recent success...success, that was not championship success by the way.
    I'm pretty sure they, you know, tried to get these guys. But I guess you thought they just sat there with their thumbs up their as__s. You saw what the winning bids were for Greinke and Hammy. Maybe, just maybe, JD and co. - you know, the guys responsible for our recent success and are considered around the league to comprise one of the best FO's in the game - thought they were a little high and the value for the money wasn't there at those prices.

vCash
    I'm buying Redbull and Visine stock STAT

vCash
    What do you guys think about Peter Bourjos?

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast