Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    The silver lining (so far) of this off season is that we get to play the Astros so many times next year. That will be a big help in keeping our win total somewhat high.
    I don't think it's that big of an advantage. Now, we're not the only ones who get to pad our standings with games against the Astros. Everyone else in the division gets to play Houston as well. The "Lone Star Series" was a nice advantage for Texas that we no longer have.

vCash
    I was just thinking the new Yankee's alias Los Angelos Dodgers have four players that will make over 20 million this year.Adrian Gonzalez,Matt Kemp,Carl Crawford and Zack Grienke.I really think its time MLB has a salary cap or at least a floor because that 80 million for those 4 players will be more then like 10 teams will have for there whole team.That is not right at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parman4818 View Post
    I was just thinking the new Yankee's alias Los Angelos Dodgers have four players that will make over 20 million this year.Adrian Gonzalez,Matt Kemp,Carl Crawford and Zack Grienke.I really think its time MLB has a salary cap or at least a floor because that 80 million for those 4 players will be more then like 10 teams will have for there whole team.That is not right at all
    Why? That roster did nothing in Boston. All it bought NY is a yearly playoff berth. Miami got a horrible team for all the money they spent last year.

If the Dodgers throttle the entire league with their roster and start losing fewer than 30 games a season, then I could see your point. But until that happens, astronomical team salaries haven't had that large of an impact on the game. However, I will say that it's rare to see a small market team in the playoffs. At the start of any given season, only half the league has a chance at the playoffs. The rest are just AAAA baseball and an extension of the large market farm teams.

vCash
    @jonmorosi: BREAKING: James Shields has been traded to #Royals, source confirms. @TBTimes_Rays first to report trade was in works.

another one bites the dust, u guys lose on shields, dickey still available

vCash
    Sorry, but JD and Nolan's "strategy" has proven faulty again.

If we end up having to give up significant prospects just to get 2 years of Dickey, then JD needs to be fired and Nolan needs to become a silent partner that focuses solely on selling his beef at The Ballpark.

This offseason has been a complete joke so far.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Didn't mean to double post.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    I want ZERO part of Shields at that price. Insanely stupid trade by the Royals. You can hang onto Dickey if NYM want any sort of package like that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Sorry, but JD and Nolan's "strategy" has proven faulty again.

If we end up having to give up significant prospects just to get 2 years of Dickey, then JD needs to be fired and Nolan needs to become a silent partner that focuses solely on selling his beef at The Ballpark.

This offseason has been a complete joke so far.
    While I would have liked to see Greinke signed, I'm so glad this front office has more vision and patience than most fans.

That Shields trade is AWFUL for the Royals, so glad JD is better than that.

Watching things happen is hard, but don't be the type of fan who wants to see something done just for the hell of it, rather than making moves that make sense.

You really should have a little more faith in a front office, scouting department, and franchise who have put together such a great product throughout their system.

vCash
    Royals got raped with that trade, Shields is not even an ace IMO....glad we stayed away from that....though that will cause Dickey's price to go up and honestly I dont even really want to include Olt in a trade for him....the players the Royals gave up should have netted them Price, not Shields, just an awful trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    I want ZERO part of Shields at that price. Insanely stupid trade by the Royals. You can hang onto Dickey if NYM want any sort of package like that
    we want olt nad leony's martin send them over and u guys get an ace in dickey, GET HER DONE!!!!

vCash
    I really think we have screwed ourselves by not signing Greinke....our rotation has been our biggest weakness for years and it is an obvious hole that we needed to fill and there is probably no one we can trade for to upgrade the rotation. I am hoping something can be worked out to get Upton and I would also like Skaggs, but it looks like the Dbacks wont budge from Andrus or Profar so I doubt anything gets done....I have no idea what the game plan is now, there is just no clear upgrades to be had now unless there are some behind the scenes deal being talked about that we dont know. I still dont want to see us spend a **** load of money on Hamilton, would much rather let our young guys play since we missed out on 2 potential upgrades to our rotation.....I am just lost as to the plan the Rangers had going into the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    we want olt nad leony's martin send them over and u guys get an ace in dickey, GET HER DONE!!!!
    I for one think we would be over paying if olt is n any dickey package
    Dez freakin Bryant!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    I am going to buy you a Speak & Spell for Christmas

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Is the Teixeira haul the benchmark for All-Star players or what??? No way Shields was worth that package... unreal.

vCash
    I think we should trade Olt for Odorizzi now

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast