Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    can't say that this reallly excites me. it's great that the sp's seem to like him, his bat is worse than nap's.
    well, i am hoping they sign him as a backup, cant imagine they would go into next year with Soto as a starting C.....I really think they are waiting to see what happens with Greinke before they make any major trades or signings, dumb logic to me, but it seems like that is what is happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    well, i am hoping they sign him as a backup, cant imagine they would go into next year with Soto as a starting C.....I really think they are waiting to see what happens with Greinke before they make any major trades or signings, dumb logic to me, but it seems like that is what is happening.
    The Rangers usually take their time in the offseason, it makes for smart business not overpaying mediocre players looking for their one big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    I dont really like the idea of Dickey, dont get me wrong, I think he had a great year and i think he will have a solid followup year to his CY award, but if im giving up talent I want someone who is young and controllable. I know he wouldnt cost as much as say Price, but Dickey would also be coming from the weaker hitting league in the NL and his age limits us to how long we would have him. I might do something like Martin and a midlevel spec but thats about it.
    I know the in the mets forum if we do trade dickey we would want an RH outfielder that could hit for power or a catcher at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnIckFaN.2883 View Post
    I know the in the mets forum if we do trade dickey we would want an RH outfielder that could hit for power or a catcher at least.
    Cruz for Dickey seems like a deal for all. Both under same team control

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Cruz for Dickey seems like a deal for all. Both under same team control
    From this morning's Newberg Report:

Rosenthal suggests there’s a scenario in which Texas could go with both Hamilton and Upton in 2013, for example, by backing out of the Napoli chase and trading Nelson Cruz.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post

Rosenthal suggests there’s a scenario in which Texas could go with both Hamilton and Upton in 2013, for example, by backing out of the Napoli chase and trading Nelson Cruz.
    Looks like that's the way it's heading.

This is the one time I'd be ok with trading Nelly and FACE for Carlos Gonzalez. For some reason the Rockies love FACE. Nelly seems like he's going to be the odd man out in the OF anyways.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Not sure you've seen anyone here say we shouldn't use the farm. You have to be multi-dimensional in getting talent, both by spending in the FA market and making trades.

Thing is...who are you trading to get what we need? If your answer isn't Profar, we're not getting a top pitcher. If your answer is Andrus, we can probably get a second-tier pitcher or a guy like Upton. Those are our best assets. Holland, etc. aren't going to land us much more outside of maybe a catcher. Either way, why give up your best prospect or one of the top SS's to get what you need, when you can keep both by spending some of the money we have to spend?

This argument isn't just for Greinke either. There's no sense in dealing an Andrus for Upton when you can still go out and get a Swisher (who I don't particularly love on this team).

Profar + Perez + Greinke > David Price (would probably take more than Profar and Perez btw)

Andrus + Swisher > Justin Upton
    Okay, I'm coming around to what your saying here, especially after taking a look at our payroll.

I'm still holding on that we re-sign Josh.

‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    #Rangers most aggressive team on Hamilton, according to source. Would ease sting of losing Napoli.

I would be happy to get someone like Greinke or David Price, I would prefer Price because I think he's a better leader than Greinke is.

If we can let Profar and few others build up more value this year and hold off on using them.

With Napoli, Young, Cruz all gone by next year we need to add some more power to our lineup through trade or the farm system if possible.

vCash
    Rangers showing interest in Adam LaRoche

I wouldn't mind having LaRoche, this would give us a good Vet at First base for the first time in forever!

Plus if Young is possibly out along with Napoli
    The Phillies have interest in the Rangers' Michael Young for third base
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/texas_...ThqgqqXD0Et.99

The Rangers are close to a two-year deal with reliever Joakim Soria, tweet Ken Rosenthal
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...qorLbO6wCKq.99

vCash
    Rangers are about to sign Soria

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    They did sign Soria 2 years 8 million with a third year option that wouls take the deal to 13 million,If he bounces back from surgery set up man this year and closer the next two years.I like this signing

vCash
    Soria is awfully risky coming off his 2nd TJ surgery. Hope he makes it back. Don't need another Brandon Webb.

vCash
    Like the Soria signing. Anyone who knows how to close out games in the AL is fine by me. Welcome aboard.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grove Rat View Post
    Soria is awfully risky coming off his 2nd TJ surgery. Hope he makes it back. Don't need another Brandon Webb.
    webb had rotatorcuff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post

@asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast