Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think we will be busy at the winter meetings.We are going to need a starting catcher,starting corner outfielder and a top of the rotation pitcher.I think J.P.Arencibia,Justin Upton and either David Price which i would love or Shields or Hellickson will be here.I think if we could add like Luis Sardinas and Mike Olt we could get Justin Upton and a prospect from the Diamondbacks.I think we could get J.P. for Martin Perez.I think we should try to trade Elvis Andrus and Justin Grimm and maybe a few lower prospects to the Rays for Price.Our rotation would be very good with
    David Price
    Yu Darvish
    Matt Harrison
    Derek Holland
    Cody Buckel or sign someone until Colby is back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    Would you guys convert Beltre to 1st, if the Mets give the Rangers Dickey; Wright, Johan Santana(Mets eat the 2013 salary) for Holland; Gentry, Olt, and Jorge Alfaro?
    Beltre is so elite defensively at 3rd. While that is a good trade offer, Wright probably doesn't fit well here.

vCash
    I'd like to see Arencebia and Rasmus. I know Rasmus has a bad rep, but he's probably the only 5 tool player a team could buy relatively low on. The kid hasn't put everything together yet and I think the Texas clubhouse and culture could do wonders for his "attitude problems." I know it did good things for Milton Bradley. Rasmus couldn't be any worse but presents a MUCH higher upside. A Holland centered trade could get the job done.

I like the Olt+Sardinas for Upton deal. I wonder what the market is for Carlos Gonzales in Colorado. With Colorado's obsession with Michael Young, I wonder if he could be a throw-in in the deal and save some money in the process. I wonder if a deal involving Ogando, Perez, and Young couldn't grease the wheels a little on that trade.

How great would it be to see an outfield of Rasmus, CarGo, and J. Upton with a rotating DH with Cruz?

Andrus and Grimm ++ for Price would be worth it in my opinion.

Sign Grienke and LaRoche as FAs...

Kinsler
    Gonzales
    Upton
    Beltre
    LaRoche
    Rasmus
    Cruz
    Arencebia
    Profar

Price, Grienke, Darvish, Harrison, Ross/Lewis/Feliz

I love the offseason sometimes... especially when you can do extremely far-fetched wish lists like this one and be serious and dreaming at the same time.

vCash
    I just can't see the Rays giving up Price for Andrus, despite everyone wanting to make that deal. Considering what Andrus will get paid here in a couple years, Elvis wouldn't fit under the economic umbrella that Tampa seems to have in place. If we want Price, it's going to cost us Profar...which means I don't see David Price in a Rangers uniform. Of course, Tampa could flip him to another team after the deal, but I just don't see it happening.

I do wonder if Arizona will end up taking an Olt/Sardinas package for Upton, but I'm guessing they won't. Olt's value has really diminished and the D-Backs reportedly are wanting major league ready players because they believe they could be a contender.

I'm starting to believe that Arencibia is inevitable, though I won't be a happy camper if it costs us Martin Perez. People forget how young he is and that just a couple years ago he was our top prospect. He still needs some grooming, but I believe he's worth more than a catcher who, despite his power, doesn't get on-base very much and is slightly above average defensively.

Agree with Y2K that despite the hypothetical Mets offer here, that Wright simply isn't a fit. Beltre is too good of a 3Bman to move.

The hypothetical deal with the Jays is intriguing as well, though I don't care much for Rasmus...at least, I'd rather go with Gentry or even Martin at this stage. I'm still left wondering what happened to Romero, but would be willing to give him a shot on this team.

Personally, I see this team stepping back this season, which is to say, we won't be able to sign/trade for all our needs. We'll still be competitive and as long as we can sign a few pieces and extend a few contracts, I like where we'll be in a couple years again.

Greinke would go a long way in making us a contender over the next few years and, in my opinion, it's time that the Rangers overpay for a top pitcher.

Harrison and Andrus both need to be given longterm deals.

Move Ian to the outfield and trade Nelson Cruz.

I'm also hoping we go out and get a Broxton or Soria for the 8th inning. Feliz should move back to the 'pen when he's healthy.

Finally, I'm willing to deal Profar (+)...for Giancarlo Stanton. I know Selig might not be in favor of the Marlins dealing their last good player, but if we could squeeze this trade through...I'd be a very happy man.

Totally agree with bmculloch21...the offseason is great and putting together unrealistic wish lists is one of the best things about being a baseball fan. I'm just hoping we do make a big splash with our soon to be TV money, our "savings" from Hamilton and Napoli and raised attendance money. The stadium upgrades are nice, but I'd be willing to watch games at Tropicana to win a championship.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I just can't see the Rays giving up Price for Andrus, despite everyone wanting to make that deal. Considering what Andrus will get paid here in a couple years, Elvis wouldn't fit under the economic umbrella that Tampa seems to have in place. If we want Price, it's going to cost us Profar...which means I don't see David Price in a Rangers uniform. Of course, Tampa could flip him to another team after the deal, but I just don't see it happening.

I do wonder if Arizona will end up taking an Olt/Sardinas package for Upton, but I'm guessing they won't. Olt's value has really diminished and the D-Backs reportedly are wanting major league ready players because they believe they could be a contender.

I'm starting to believe that Arencibia is inevitable, though I won't be a happy camper if it costs us Martin Perez. People forget how young he is and that just a couple years ago he was our top prospect. He still needs some grooming, but I believe he's worth more than a catcher who, despite his power, doesn't get on-base very much and is slightly above average defensively.

Agree with Y2K that despite the hypothetical Mets offer here, that Wright simply isn't a fit. Beltre is too good of a 3Bman to move.

The hypothetical deal with the Jays is intriguing as well, though I don't care much for Rasmus...at least, I'd rather go with Gentry or even Martin at this stage. I'm still left wondering what happened to Romero, but would be willing to give him a shot on this team.

Personally, I see this team stepping back this season, which is to say, we won't be able to sign/trade for all our needs. We'll still be competitive and as long as we can sign a few pieces and extend a few contracts, I like where we'll be in a couple years again.

Greinke would go a long way in making us a contender over the next few years and, in my opinion, it's time that the Rangers overpay for a top pitcher.

Harrison and Andrus both need to be given longterm deals.

Move Ian to the outfield and trade Nelson Cruz.

I'm also hoping we go out and get a Broxton or Soria for the 8th inning. Feliz should move back to the 'pen when he's healthy.

Finally, I'm willing to deal Profar (+)...for Giancarlo Stanton. I know Selig might not be in favor of the Marlins dealing their last good player, but if we could squeeze this trade through...I'd be a very happy man.

Totally agree with bmculloch21...the offseason is great and putting together unrealistic wish lists is one of the best things about being a baseball fan. I'm just hoping we do make a big splash with our soon to be TV money, our "savings" from Hamilton and Napoli and raised attendance money. The stadium upgrades are nice, but I'd be willing to watch games at Tropicana to win a championship.

Trust me, no you dont lol

vCash
    I think it is time for us to make the big trades in order move forward. We are losing our biggest player since 2008 and we need to make moves in order to at least somewhat replace him, whether that is getting our legit ace and/or finding a replacement bat. It is going to be hard to get top of the line players this year, there really isnt a young ace type pitcher out there to try and acquire nor a big bat that is available. It is starting to look like the Dbacks are going to hold onto Upton and even if they do trade him it doesnt seem like Olt is the kind of guy they are looking for. I still think our best move would be to offer Profar in a package for Price, he is just far and above the player we should be targeting and again, Profar is just a luxury with us having Andrus so why not offer a luxury in order to gain the biggest need we have always had? It takes top specs in order to acquire aces and MVPs and it just makes sense for that trade to happen, it would let us keep Kinsler at 2B and extend Andrus. Then I think we should sign BJ Upton, I think he would thrive in our ballpark and lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    Trust me, no you dont lol
    I went to college in Tampa and we used to go to games at the Trop all the time. It's really not that bad. No, it's not as nice as many ballparks, but it could be a lot worse.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    I think it is time for us to make the big trades in order move forward. We are losing our biggest player since 2008 and we need to make moves in order to at least somewhat replace him, whether that is getting our legit ace and/or finding a replacement bat. It is going to be hard to get top of the line players this year, there really isnt a young ace type pitcher out there to try and acquire nor a big bat that is available. It is starting to look like the Dbacks are going to hold onto Upton and even if they do trade him it doesnt seem like Olt is the kind of guy they are looking for. I still think our best move would be to offer Profar in a package for Price, he is just far and above the player we should be targeting and again, Profar is just a luxury with us having Andrus so why not offer a luxury in order to gain the biggest need we have always had? It takes top specs in order to acquire aces and MVPs and it just makes sense for that trade to happen, it would let us keep Kinsler at 2B and extend Andrus. Then I think we should sign BJ Upton, I think he would thrive in our ballpark and lineup.
    I think that's the only way the Rays don't laugh at us, offer wise.

vCash
    Looks like the Angels are about to sign Ryan Madson, according to CBS Sports.

I know that several of you have mentioned that we need to sign Andrus to a long term deal. I just do not see that happening. Andrus is set up perfectly to get a huge offer from the Yankees as he will be the perfect fit to replace Jeter. I wish he would stay here, but he in a position where he needs to test the market.

On another note, would you rather sign Hamilton for 4 years @ $25M/year, or sign Grienke for 6 years at $25M.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    The Cubs just signed Feldman to a 1-year contract worth $6M with an additional $1M available in incentives.

Call me crazy, but I think Feldman bounces back next and has a decent year.Am a little surprised that he got that much money though.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    On another note, would you rather sign Hamilton for 4 years @ $25M/year, or sign Grienke for 6 years at $25M.
    Greinke, no question.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

vCash
    The Cubs just signed Feldman to a 1-year contract worth $6M with an additional $1M available in incentives.

Call me crazy, but I think Feldman bounces back next and has a decent year.Am a little surprised that he got that much money though.
    Feldman will likely look better in the NL. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him put up a respectable line.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

vCash

Unlike Skizzik, I am going to call you crazy. I will say, his advanced stats showed that he should have been better than he was last season.

vCash
    Looks like the Angels are about to sign Ryan Madson, according to CBS Sports.

I know that several of you have mentioned that we need to sign Andrus to a long term deal. I just do not see that happening. Andrus is set up perfectly to get a huge offer from the Yankees as he will be the perfect fit to replace Jeter. I wish he would stay here, but he in a position where he needs to test the market.

Yea, Greinke. He is younger, and an ace starting pitcher I guess. Either way I'd rather split the two between another top tier pitcher, and a bat. Then splurge on one more free agent splash.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    Why not both? Money should not be a problem. Forgive me for being "that guy" who thinks we should be the Yankees but we just gave the Rangers 3 million in attendance and they have a huge TV contract that pays them money out their *** and we have 2 billionaire owners. An ace is a necessity. If you can get Hamilton for just 4 years. Take him too. I honestly think getting a super star on a 4 year deal, no matter how much the yearly salary is, is a bargain. Now is not the time to get cheap. We are in win now mode to me. Lets do this.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast