Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    At this stage, I'm hoping we deal Ian instead of Andrus or Profar. I figure Profar will (at some point) put up better numbers than Kinsler and I'd rather keep Andrus' glove at SS.
    I think we all would rather trade Ian than Elvis, but he's just not as valuable. Ian's new contract is going to be a hindrance to any deal as well. If we do trade Elvis, it better be for a stud like David Price. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm just not sold on Upton and don't think he's worth parting with Elvis for.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    Elvis will be a much better player than Ian. However, Elvis will be getting a $20 million/year+ contract in 2 years. His value is extremely high right now so I would not be too bummed if we traded him and got a stud.
    Really think it'll be that high? I was thinking around $15m/yr. and that's if his power comes around a bit more.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Really think it'll be that high? I was thinking around $15m/yr. and that's if his power comes around a bit more.
    I think we are about to see a whole new level of salaries for upper tier (not the megastars) players due to all of the tv contracts that are starting to go into place. With Boras being his agent, I fully anticipate Elvis going to the Yankees for crazy money. He will be the SS to replace Jeter.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Here's the latest from Bob Nightengale of USA Today...

The Rangers tried to acquire Andrelton Simmons from the Braves so they could flip him to the Diamondbacks in a deal for Justin Upton. Arizona wants a young shortstop, but Texas is loath to give up Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar. Atlanta wouldn't budge, however.
    Found this one interesting...shows real interest in Upton.
    Last edited by stipe1280; 11-10-2012 at 12:31 PM.

vCash
    By Mark Polishuk [November 9 at 8:46pm CST]
    FRIDAY: In addition to the Rangers and Mariners, the Orioles, Phillies, Giants, Braves, and Nationals all have some level of interest in Swisher, reports Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. Several clubs are willing to offer three years, and Heyman estimates an annual salary in the $11-13MM range.

THURSDAY: The Rangers, Mariners and three other teams have "serious interest" in free agent Nick Swisher, reports Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News (via Twitter). Unsurprisingly, Swisher plans to reject the Yankees' qualifying offer and look for a long-term contract on the open market.
    What do you guys think of Swisher?

I like him as a clubhouse guy, but he'd probably end up at 1B for us, which in that case, I'd rather stick with Olt/Moreland.
    Last edited by stipe1280; 11-10-2012 at 12:32 PM.

vCash
    I would def do 3 years at $12 mil per for Swisher, but it seemed like he was looking for 5 years/ $100 mil and I would want no part of that

vCash
    If Arizona is looking for a shortstop why dont we offer them Luis Sardinas,Mike Olt and Justin Grimm for Justin Upton and Archie Bradley.That way they have there left side of the infield set for years and we get our man in RF.I think Archie Bradley could join our bullpen now and later move to a starter.I think we should also try to sign Adam Laroche for our first baseman for 3 years for like 45 millon and sign Zack Grienke for 5 years and 125 million.We then could trade Ian Kinsler and Neil Ramarez to Toronto for Travis D'Arnaud and Noah Syndergaard.Our team would then look like this

SS Elvis Andrus
    LF David Murphy
    RF Justin Upton
    3B Adrian Beltre
    1B Adam Laroche/Michael Young(I wish we could move him but contract to big)
    DH Neson Cruz
    C Travis D'Arnaud /Geovany Soto
    2B Jurickson Profar
    CF David Genty/Leonys Martin

SP Zack Grienke
    SP Yu Darvish
    SP Matt Harrison
    SP Derek Holland
    SP Alexi Ogando

LHP Robbie Ross
    LHP Martin Perez/Spot Starter/Long Reliever
    LHP Michael Kirkman
    LHPTommy Hottovy
    RHP Tanner Scheppers
    RHP Wilmer Font
    RHP Archie Bradley
    CL Joe Nathan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parman4818 View Post
    If Arizona is looking for a shortstop why dont we offer them Luis Sardinas,Mike Olt and Justin Grimm for Justin Upton and Archie Bradley.That way they have there left side of the infield set for years and we get our man in RF.I think Archie Bradley could join our bullpen now and later move to a starter.I think we should also try to sign Adam Laroche for our first baseman for 3 years for like 45 millon and sign Zack Grienke for 5 years and 125 million.We then could trade Ian Kinsler and Neil Ramarez to Toronto for Travis D'Arnaud and Noah Syndergaard.Our team would then look like this

SS Elvis Andrus
    LF David Murphy
    RF Justin Upton
    3B Adrian Beltre
    1B Adam Laroche/Michael Young(I wish we could move him but contract to big)
    DH Neson Cruz
    C Travis D'Arnaud /Geovany Soto
    2B Jurickson Profar
    CF David Genty/Leonys Martin

SP Zack Grienke
    SP Yu Darvish
    SP Matt Harrison
    SP Derek Holland
    SP Alexi Ogando

LHP Robbie Ross
    LHP Martin Perez/Spot Starter/Long Reliever
    LHP Michael Kirkman
    LHPTommy Hottovy
    RHP Tanner Scheppers
    RHP Wilmer Font
    RHP Archie Bradley
    CL Joe Nathan
    I think that is all a pipe dream lol....I think the Upton trade sounds fair though, they want a ML ready SS, 3B, or Ace in an Upton trade and they would be getting a ML ready 3B in Olt, but also a solid SS spec in Sardinas who is prob 2 years away and a solid arm in Grimm. I don't know why they are so focused on Profar and Andrus when we have plenty of other solid pieces that they need.....I really dont feel we have a need for Laroche, I think if we put Moreland in there full time he would be fine for us.....I also dont think there is anyway the Jays trade D'Arnaud, JP is who they would be looking to trade, but yes, D'Arnaud would be a great addition for us....it is looking like Greinke is going to be a must for us, the only other target we should be looking at is Price and it just doesnt seem like the Rays will be trading him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    I would def do 3 years at $12 mil per for Swisher, but it seemed like he was looking for 5 years/ $100 mil and I would want no part of that
    I don't know what it is, I have just never liked Swisher.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    I don't know what it is, I have just never liked Swisher.
    well the way i see it is that he would provide needed pop at a cheaper rate that we will be missing when Hamilton leaves and he is a pretty solid fielder so if we could get him at $12 mil/year for a low amount of years I would be really ok with that.

vCash
    I don't care much for Swisher on our team honestly. He's either going to be stuck at corner outfielder or 1B and frankly, I'd rather go with Murph/Cruz or Moreland/Olt at those positions.

If we didn't have Michael Young, I'd think a bit more about rotating him as a 1B/DH, but otherwise, I just don't see Swisher as an upgrade over what we already have.

That said, he would be a good clubhouse guy and I've had a chance to chat with him a few times and he's a real down to earth, funny guy.

vCash
    Do you guys think if we went 4 years 80million that Hamiton would stick?

vCash
    Not a chance lol.

Rangers said 3 years is all they will go. The only way I see Hamilton accepting a 3 year deal is if we pay him 35-40 million a year. And although unlikely, I wouldn't rule it out.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Rangers were willing to AT LEAST give up Mike Olt for Justin Upton... that's a deal I think I'd do as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcculloch21 View Post
    Rangers were willing to AT LEAST give up Mike Olt for Justin Upton... that's a deal I think I'd do as well.
    well yeah of course, but its not seeming like the Dbacks want Olt as the Rangers were trying to swap Olt for Simmons and flip Simmons to the Dbacks.....if the Dbacks wanted Olt they would have accepted him in a trade for Upton by now.

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast