Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    really didnt care for Ortiz anyway

vCash
    If we do lose Hamilton, I'm concerned with how we're going to replace the offense lost...especially when this offense looked lethargic more than a few times this year. I just don't see BJ Upton, Torii Hunter (can't believe we'd really bring him in) or any of the other names being talked about even helping the offense maintain status quo.

I hope we get Greinke, but if we don't AND we lose Hamilton AND Napoli, I don't see many options, outside of Andrus for an ace (which doesn't seem to be lining up), of us improving the team this season.

Here's hoping JD can put together a trade or two.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    If we do lose Hamilton, I'm concerned with how we're going to replace the offense lost...especially when this offense looked lethargic more than a few times this year. I just don't see BJ Upton, Torii Hunter (can't believe we'd really bring him in) or any of the other names being talked about even helping the offense maintain status quo.

I hope we get Greinke, but if we don't AND we lose Hamilton AND Napoli, I don't see many options, outside of Andrus for an ace (which doesn't seem to be lining up), of us improving the team this season.

Here's hoping JD can put together a trade or two.
    Well, its looking like they are wanting to improve the rotation as an answer to replace Hamilton with Greinke being their #1 target. If we lose out on him then I would imagine JD will try to put together a big trade for a legit ace. I still think Price can be had from Tampa, if Profar is included I just dont see how the Rays dont even consider it. Something around Profar and Perez should be able to get that deal done....if we dont get Greinke OR Price then I think its time to let the young guys try for the rotation, I dont want to overspend on mediocre pitching again. Then I think we made a trade for a solid bat, maybe that Upton deal will come to light. I am afraid though that if they miss out on their big targets that desperation will kick in and we make some bad moves.

vCash
    Wanted to get opinions of Texas fans...

FA market is light outside of Hamilton, the Rangers don't look too ambitious to commit that much money to him given his history...

Lots of Tiger fans think Texas would be a good trade match. Trade package centered around Prince for Andrus (Profar looks to be the real deal)....Tigers taking Young in return...Thoughts?

vCash
    Don't want anything to do with that contract.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    Well, its looking like they are wanting to improve the rotation as an answer to replace Hamilton with Greinke being their #1 target. If we lose out on him then I would imagine JD will try to put together a big trade for a legit ace. I still think Price can be had from Tampa, if Profar is included I just dont see how the Rays dont even consider it. Something around Profar and Perez should be able to get that deal done....if we dont get Greinke OR Price then I think its time to let the young guys try for the rotation, I dont want to overspend on mediocre pitching again. Then I think we made a trade for a solid bat, maybe that Upton deal will come to light. I am afraid though that if they miss out on their big targets that desperation will kick in and we make some bad moves.
    I haven't seen anything that proves that they would do something like that. We let CJ walk and it looks like Hamilton will be shown the door. I've got faith they know what they're doing.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klane079 View Post
    Wanted to get opinions of Texas fans...

FA market is light outside of Hamilton, the Rangers don't look too ambitious to commit that much money to him given his history...

Lots of Tiger fans think Texas would be a good trade match. Trade package centered around Prince for Andrus (Profar looks to be the real deal)....Tigers taking Young in return...Thoughts?
    Unless the Tigers want to absorb a very large portion of Prince's contract, no thanks. These huge long term contracts end up chocking organizations down the road. Look at the Phillies. Look at the Red Sox. Look at A-Rod. The Angels are already shedding salary due to Albert. Big contracts for 5-6 years are one thing. Anything longer than that comes back to hurt the team.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Phew? Ortiz would have been an AMAZING signing here. Perfect guy to hit behind Beltre.

Anyways, I'm back, I know you all missed me. Don't call anyone names BTW

vCash
    Ortiz is old as balls, inconsistent and quite frankly if you are going to already offer someone 15 million a season. Add 10 more and offer Hamilton who is better younger and doesn't take away the flexibility that you have with your roster like Ortiz would have. Big Papi would have been a god awful signing imo. Didn't like the idea one bit.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Ortiz is old as balls, inconsistent and quite frankly if you are going to already offer someone 15 million a season. Add 10 more and offer Hamilton who is better younger and doesn't take away the flexibility that you have with your roster like Ortiz would have. Big Papi would have been a god awful signing imo. Didn't like the idea one bit.
    Add 10 million a season and 4 more years? No thanks. Ortiz for 2-3 years is 2 times the value Josh at 5-6 would be. To say Ortiz is inconsistent is silly, and he's WAY more consistent than Josh Hamilton.

vCash
    Orioles Targeting Josh Hamilton & Cody Ross
    By Mike Axisa [November 7 at 11:54am CST]
    The Orioles were a surprise contender this year and now it appears they might be a surprise big spender in the offseason. Baltimore is targeting Josh Hamilton and Cody Ross for their left field job, reports Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.

Hamilton, 31, would add major left-handed thump to a lineup that already features Nick Markakis and Chris Davis. He also wouldn't have to play center field thanks to Adam Jones. Ross, 31, would complement Jones as a right-handed power hitter and would come considerably cheaper. He's reportedly seeking three years and $25MM while Hamilton figures to demand nine figures.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#35t0FYvUZptKZktO.99
    -MLBTR

I had a gut feeling the Orioles would be players for Hamilton and I really think that is a perfect match for him, less pressure, mid sized market, AL team, up and coming team with money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    -MLBTR

I had a gut feeling the Orioles would be players for Hamilton and I really think that is a perfect match for him, less pressure, mid sized market, AL team, up and coming team with money
    I have been saying the the Orioles would be the team that signs Hamilton for the last several months. Their fan base is energized again, and the stands starting filling up (Camden Yards was a ghost town at the beginning of the season). Hamilton has put up crazy good numbers in Baltimore. He is a perfect iconic player to go alongside the likes of Ripken, Murray, etc... Baltimore needs a solid veteran leader. They can finally hold their own against the Yankees and Red Sox. Hamilton in Baltimore just makes perfect sense for so many reasons.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Diamondbacks Will Listen To Offers For Trevor Bauer
    By Mike Axisa [November 7 at 4:01pm CST]
    The Diamondbacks are already involved in "active discussions" about Justin Upton, and now ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports that the team will also listen to trade offers for Trevor Bauer (Twitter links). The right-hander has fallen out of favor with some in the organization.

Bauer, 21, was the third overall pick in the 2011 draft. He made his MLB debut this season and surrendered 13 runs in 16 1/3 innings across four starts while also battling a groin problem. Bauer pitched to a 2.42 ERA in 130 1/3 innings split between Double-A and Triple-A this year as well. Between Upton and Bauer, GM Kevin Towers may be in possession of this offseason's two biggest trade chips.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#aTrqUzmvQStfRKzJ.99
    -MLBTR

Rangers need to be in on both these guys, Upton could be the bat we need to replace Hamilton and Bauer could potentially be a stud. I know he seems to be a stubborn pitcher, but working with the Maddux brothers might straighten him out.

vCash
    Diamondbacks Will Listen To Offers For Trevor Bauer
    By Mike Axisa [November 7 at 4:01pm CST]
    The Diamondbacks are already involved in "active discussions" about Justin Upton, and now ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports that the team will also listen to trade offers for Trevor Bauer (Twitter links). The right-hander has fallen out of favor with some in the organization.

Bauer, 21, was the third overall pick in the 2011 draft. He made his MLB debut this season and surrendered 13 runs in 16 1/3 innings across four starts while also battling a groin problem. Bauer pitched to a 2.42 ERA in 130 1/3 innings split between Double-A and Triple-A this year as well. Between Upton and Bauer, GM Kevin Towers may be in possession of this offseason's two biggest trade chips.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#aTrqUzmvQStfRKzJ.99
    -MLBTR

Rangers need to be in on both these guys, Upton could be the bat we need to replace Hamilton and Bauer could potentially be a stud. I know he seems to be a stubborn pitcher, but working with the Maddux brothers might straighten him out.

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast