Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
    vCash
    Really unbelievable that Biggio wasn't elected. Was about as clean and good of a guy you could find. 3,000 hits and didn't make first ballot. How lame.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Glad to see this testing coming! Might see a big drop off from Mr. Trout this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...esting-for-hgh

Major League Baseball has announced unprecedented measures to stop players from using HGH (human growth hormone). The announcement came from a Major League Baseball press release Thursday afternoon.

Beginning this season, MLB will conduct random, unannounced, in-season blood testing for HGH. All players will be tested at least once.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    Glad to see this testing coming! Might see a big drop off from Mr. Trout this year.

Pujols too.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Pujols too.
    Berkman will have a harder time living up to his contract as well. The Angels, Yankees, and Dodgers will be impacted hard. Everyone will blame it on injuries and old age though....

No one needs to kid themselves on this. HGH is rampant within MLB right now.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Ian Kinsler has reversed course and told Rangers management that he would prefer to remain at second base, reports Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. Kinsler said he was open to a position change back in November but has since decided that he isn't comfortable moving off second at this point in his career. Had Kinsler been willing to move to first base, Texas could have explored using Jurickson Profar and Elvis Andrus as the team's double-play combo.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#A17DRrdBTYoBp6zV.99

so I guess Profar and Olt will officially begin in AAA?....i wish trading Kinsler was an option.
    Last edited by slugger82685; 01-11-2013 at 01:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    so I guess Profar and Olt will officially begin in AAA?....i wish trading Kinsler was an option.
    I think it is, it's just he won't really get us anything great in return.

On the quote, I don't think Ian is reversing course here. I'd be willing to bet he told the FO that he was open to a change but would prefer to stay at second in the first place. To me, this just sounds like the media trying to create something out of nothing.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Rangers "Moving On" From Justin Upton
    By Mark Polishuk [January 10, 2013 at 9:00pm CST]
    The Rangers made their "final offer" for Justin Upton to the Diamondbacks and now don't expect to continue talks with the D'Backs, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News (Twitter link). Texas is "moving on" after making their offer before the D'Backs agreed to their deal today with the Mariners that fell apart when Upton rejected the trade. Arizona made one final offer to Texas for Upton on Thursday before agreeing to the Seattle deal, reports Bob Nightengale of USA Today (Twitter link). The Rangers rejected that offer since the "price [was] too steep."

The Rangers and D'Backs have been seen as natural trade partners for much of the offseason, with prospective deals built around Upton going to Texas in exchange for Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar. The Rangers were steadfast in refusing to include either shortstop in a trade, however, preferring to offer Mike Olt and Derek Holland as part of a package for Upton. The Snakes have acquired Cliff Pennington and Didi Gregorius to address their need at shortstop this winter, though neither of those players would preclude Arizona from still going after Profar or Andrus.

Though Texas is now apparently out of the mix, there are no shortage of teams still interested in Upton. The Orioles, Mets and Padres have all explored trades for Upton in recent days, while Nightengale sees the Braves as the team that makes the most sense as a trade partner with the D'Backs.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...gRAPY719RWt.99
    Well...another one bites the dust.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post

Heck with HgH. I will never be convinced that Jeter didnt discover Androgel 1.62 this past year. Do the proper dosage and you pass tests and still reap the benefits e.g. 25 year old hormone levels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Heck with HgH. I will never be convinced that Jeter didnt discover Androgel 1.62 this past year. Do the proper dosage and you pass tests and still reap the benefits e.g. 25 year old hormone levels
    It would not surprise me in the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Well...another one bites the dust.
    This has been an absymal off-season. However, the more I thought about Upton the less I was enamored by him. Is he good - yes. Does he have tremendous potential - yes. He is just not a slam dunk for the future. Upton has one good year, than one ok year, then one good year, etc... If we are trading away an Elvis, Profar, or an Olt, etc... I want a bonafide stud. I would much rather save our key trade chips for a Stanton or David Price.

vCash
    Yesterday, Buster Olney of ESPN.com reported that the Braves are "lying in the weeds" in conversations about Upton and the D'Backs are expected to target Mike Olt in any talks with the Rangers.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#Fr7lW45KIHkGhecp.99
    so basically Towers has been greedy this whole time in trying to get Profar or Andrus in a trade for Upton....But NOW he is ready to finally discuss a fair trade involving a a package around Olt which is exactly what everyone has know the package should be this whole time. Mainly because Towers has now backed himself into a corner by signing Ross and has too many OFs therefore HAS to move one and Upton has the most value by far....Towers really does suck at his job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    so basically Towers has been greedy this whole time in trying to get Profar or Andrus in a trade for Upton....But NOW he is ready to finally discuss a fair trade involving a a package around Olt which is exactly what everyone has know the package should be this whole time. Mainly because Towers has now backed himself into a corner by signing Ross and has too many OFs therefore HAS to move one and Upton has the most value by far....Towers really does suck at his job.
    Daniels thought he was in the drivers seat at the beginning of the offseason. Then he essentially outsmarted himself and was left holding a big bag of nothing. Towers seems to be going down the same path with how he has been handling the Upton situation.

The biggest conundrum that the Rangers have is who will be their outfielders in 2014. Cruz & Murphy will both be FA's at the end of this year. Sometime within the next 14 months they will almost be forced to make a trade for an OF as I am not confident in this team signing top caliber FA's.

vCash
    Mlbtr

shaun marcum is drawing interest from the padres, pirates and rangers, jon paul morosi of fox sports reports (on twitter). Turner gary sports represents the free agent right-hander.

Marcum pitched for the brewers this past season, posting a 3.70 era with 7.9 k/9, 3.0 bb/9 and a 35.4% ground ball rate in 124 innings over the course of 21 starts. The 31-year-old missed approximately two months due to elbow tightness in 2012 and his average fastball velocity remained well below 90 mph at 86.5 mph. Marcum, who joined the brewers in a trade with toronto following the 2010 season, has a career era of 3.76 with 7.3 k/9, 2.8 bb/9 and a 38.7% ground ball rate in seven mlb seasons.

Marcum ranked 19th on mlbtr’s list of top 50 free agents entering the offseason. He has also been linked to the indians, mets, twins and royals at various points this winter. Marcum, who’s not linked to draft pick compensation, probably won’t re-sign with the brewers.

vCash
    Sign Lohse or give Perez a shot. Don't waste your time and money on Marcum.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Nolan Ryan's beef company just won the rights to sell Nolan's hot dogs at the Ballpark. Once the award was made, the price of hotdogs went up by .50/ea next year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them rename the Ballpark, to Nolan's Beef Shrine.

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast