Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Glad to see so many National fans (read some of their posts) taking this loss in stride and assuming they will be back next year and progress past this point. They could just as easily miss the playoffs next year. Strasburg starting game 5 - who knows? Perhaps a complete game masterpiece like Verlander. Instead we Ranger fans get the agony of seeing the ****ing Cardinals get out of almost certain death again. **** me..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Glad to see so many National fans (read some of their posts) taking this loss in stride and assuming they will be back next year and progress past this point. They could just as easily miss the playoffs next year. Strasburg starting game 5 - who knows? Perhaps a complete game masterpiece like Verlander. Instead we Ranger fans get the agony of seeing the ****ing Cardinals get out of almost certain death again. **** me..
    yeah idk how the Cardinals keep pulling it out....they look like the yankees of the late 90s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Ellsbury's value goes down due to constant injury and only having one year left on his contract. No way do we trade a 24 year old, potential top 3 SS with 2 years left on his contract for that.

I would much rather have Justin Upton for the price of Andrus (or Kinsler) than Ellsbury.
    I moved to Ft Worth 6 years ago and my son's favorite player is Elvis Andrus so we have had this debate several times who is more valuable. Both players are repped by Borass, so there both getting paid and you get one more year of control with Andrus. I think you pretty much know what your getting with Andrus, solid defense, 20-30 stolen bases, ops around .700 hence 4-4.5 war. With Ellsbury you have no clue what your getting, is it the 2011 version 9.4 war gold glove centerfielder or is it the 2009 .770 ops 70 stolen bases and played a bad centerfield. I just don't see how this trade would benefit either team, Gentry played a solid centerfield for the rangers this year, and boston has 3 shortstops in there top 15 minor rankings. There were rumors of a blockbuster trade involving the sox and rangers at the deadline, it would have been pretty interesting to see what players were involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by win red sox View Post
    I moved to Ft Worth 6 years ago and my son's favorite player is Elvis Andrus so we have had this debate several times who is more valuable. Both players are repped by Borass, so there both getting paid and you get one more year of control with Andrus. I think you pretty much know what your getting with Andrus, solid defense, 20-30 stolen bases, ops around .700 hence 4-4.5 war. With Ellsbury you have no clue what your getting, is it the 2011 version 9.4 war gold glove centerfielder or is it the 2009 .770 ops 70 stolen bases and played a bad centerfield. I just don't see how this trade would benefit either team, Gentry played a solid centerfield for the rangers this year, and boston has 3 shortstops in there top 15 minor rankings. There were rumors of a blockbuster trade involving the sox and rangers at the deadline, it would have been pretty interesting to see what players were involved.
    Agreed.

Rumors were that Kelly Shoppach was one of those players the Rangers discussed and it wouldn't have surprised me if we had inquired about Beckett also.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    The decision to sit Strasburg during the playoffs was a mistake of epic proportions. The Dodgers are going to throw money at their team until they become a major force to be dealt with, the Phillies are not going to sit on their backends, the Cards have the baseball gods on their side, as do the Giants. It is easy to say that the Nationals will get back, but take nothing for granted. 4 years ago, I was confident that 2012 was going to be the year that the Rangers won the World Series. Look what happened.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Anybody have any info on Shaun Marcum, FA pitcher who's been with Milwaukee the last few years? He's not had a ERA over 4.00 since '07 but I'm not one that goes too much deeper statistically. Just curious if he'd be a viable option if we don't get Greinke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grove Rat View Post
    Anybody have any info on Shaun Marcum, FA pitcher who's been with Milwaukee the last few years? He's not had a ERA over 4.00 since '07 but I'm not one that goes too much deeper statistically. Just curious if he'd be a viable option if we don't get Greinke.
    Seen a few rumors that the Royals might be interested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    I can tell you now, Hamilton WILL NOT be a Texas Ranger next year. 100%, no doubt. That ship has sailed
    How is that?

You think without Hamilton the Rangers going to 2 World Series? No way! As Hamilton goes so do the Rangers.

Not one single guy out there in Free Agency is even close to what Hamilton is.

It's something the Rangers have to look long and hard at.

The offense without Hamilton is nothing! If we don't re-sing him the only chance of being a good ball club is a dominate pitching staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddhulett View Post
    How is that?

You think without Hamilton the Rangers going to 2 World Series? No way! As Hamilton goes so do the Rangers.

The offense without Hamilton is nothing! If we don't re-sing him the only chance of being a good ball club is a dominate pitching staff.
    Our front office isn't full of retards. They understand all this and understand ALL the baggage Josh brings and unnecessary attention he brings too. Sometimes it's addition by subtraction. No one thought the Cardinals would be where they are without Pooholes.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    How is that?

Much like Albert Pujols and the Cardinals this year.....o wait

vCash
    How is that?

Just because one guy HELPED get us to two World Series, doesn't mean another guy can't do the same. And it's not as if Josh Hamilton makes or breaks us going to the World Series...I mean, we are sitting at home this year.

I get that this guy is a lot of people's favorite player (why, I still don't get it), but it's time to do what's best for the team.

vCash
    I want the playoffs to end already so we can start wheeling and dealing!

vCash
    I am looking forward to this being Adrian Beltre's team. F Josh.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    new blood coming in will be exciting....again, I hope we add Price, if we only are able to get him I will still call it a successful offseason

vCash
    As long as we get younger I'll be happy. I'm not in favor of signing aging stopgaps.

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast