Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,046
    vCash
    1500

    BREAKING NEWS: Nolan Ryan retires as Rangers CEO

    http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/...ces-retirement

    Personally, I don't think it's going to hurt the club. I know some of you really like Nolan and loathe Daniels and will have a vastly different opinion on this, but that's just what I think. I like Nolan and think he did help us turn the pitching staff's mentality and approach to training and the game. I'm actually surprised he didn't leave before the season with all of the mess that was created when they promoted Daniels and a few others.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

    Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,818
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

    See ya, Nolan.

    Don't let the door hit you in your stubborn fat *** on the way out.

    This is JD's team
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    157
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

    See ya, Nolan.

    Don't let the door hit you in your stubborn fat *** on the way out.

    This is JD's team
    Incredibly ignorant comment. Then again , I'm not surprised.

    Ryan pulled the Rangers out of the nether regions twice. By virtue of reputation alone he brought credibility to the organization. That says nothing of the all the staff moves he made to bring the championships to the Rangers.

    He got screwed over by your boy JD and the ownership he helped get the club. Without him that doesn't happen due to baseballs closed culture. Ryan also hired your boy back when he had the authority and Daniel's contract was up. That came out on ESPN. So before spewing in ignorance know your facts.

    Although picking what amounts to a computer nerd over a career baseball man and legend tells me everything I need to know about the judgement employed here
    Last edited by waveone; 10-18-2013 at 01:24 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

    See ya, Nolan.

    Don't let the door hit you in your stubborn fat *** on the way out.

    This is JD's team
    You got that right, changes had to be made.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveone View Post
    Incredibly ignorant comment. Then again , I'm not surprised.

    Ryan pulled the Rangers out of the nether regions twice. By virtue of reputation alone he brought credibility to the organization. That says nothing of the all the staff moves he made to bring the championships to the Rangers.

    He got screwed over by your boy JD and the ownership he helped get the club. Without him that doesn't happen due to baseballs closed culture. Ryan also hired your boy back when he had the authority and Daniel's contract was up. That came out on ESPN. So before spewing in ignorance know your facts.

    Although picking what amounts to a computer nerd over a career baseball man and legend tells me everything I need to know about the judgement employed here
    Wow, again with all the hate and negative pouting. How did the Rangers ever survive without Ryan all these years? All you use is your career baseball man, which means he is getting old and probably doesn't/cant put in the time that he should. If a dentist has the same dental assistant for 25 years, do you want the assistant doing your root canal instead of the dentist? Hell NO. How many career baseball men have been GM's? Not many and most did a horrible job.
    Nolan also ran off Greenberg after 3 months after the court made its ruling. Nolan didn't help get Cliff Lee back here because Lee wanted more than 5 years, that's stupid and stubborn.
    You sound more like Galloway day after day, those days are history. Get over it. JD is the only GM to take the Rangers to the World Series. That's a fact.
    Sometimes in life people need to accept that they were/are wrong. Its your time now.
    Carry On

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    JD didn't "take the Rangers to the World Series" until Nolan showed up.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    1500

    Wow, Really

    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    JD didn't "take the Rangers to the World Series" until Nolan showed up.
    Here is another mistaken ranger bandwagon fan. I see that you think Nolan just walked in and everyone got better because of it. Not really. JD is not the best GM in baseball, but he is the best GM in Ranger history. Get over it. Who hired Ryan? Oh yeah that great owner Tom Hicks. Ryan has bounced between the Rangers and Astros since he retired. He goes where the most money is, and I'm sure he will be with the Astros again. He is nothing but a figurehead. JD was here before Ryan and is still here after Ryan. I'm sure you will come up with a Jackie Moore was the best bench coach too, I'm waiting for that post.
    Carry On

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    157
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by texranger View Post
    You got that right, changes had to be made.
    LOL, what a hypocrite. Then again, that's typical.

    Amazing, ...almost.....

  9. 10-20-2013, 11:40 AM
    Reason
    Insults

  10. 10-20-2013, 12:18 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by texranger View Post
    Here is another mistaken ranger bandwagon fan. I see that you think Nolan just walked in and everyone got better because of it. Not really. JD is not the best GM in baseball, but he is the best GM in Ranger history. Get over it. Who hired Ryan? Oh yeah that great owner Tom Hicks. Ryan has bounced between the Rangers and Astros since he retired. He goes where the most money is, and I'm sure he will be with the Astros again. He is nothing but a figurehead. JD was here before Ryan and is still here after Ryan. I'm sure you will come up with a Jackie Moore was the best bench coach too, I'm waiting for that post.
    Carry On
    Show me the year JD got this team to a World Series before Nolan showed up. Please deal in facts, not ignorant speculations. Guys like that are a dime a dozen on these forums.
    Last edited by stipe1280; 10-20-2013 at 05:00 PM.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Show me the year JD got this team to a World Series before Nolan showed up. Please deal in facts, not ignorant speculations. Guys like that are a dime a dozen on these forums.
    Here are the facts, but since your mind wont change. JD was hired as GM in 2007, Ryan in 2008. I guess 1st year on the job with a horrible owner that wouldn't spend a penny and a farm system that was average, JD should have pulled a miracle in 2007. Didn't happen. But since the career baseball man, the know all, the best GM ever, even if he never was a GM, JD didn't have a hand in anything since 2008. Wow, we really need Ryan back, I was wrong my bad, I never realized that the great Ryan was CEO, president, GM, Manager, bench coach, and probably more titles that I'm missing. Ryan is the reason Cliff Lee isn't here, he didn't want Darvish here, but he wanted Oswalt. Wow Oswalt over Darvish, great judgment there. All of you JD haters will never give the man 1 ounce of credit, and when the Rangers get back to the WS under JD, then you can beg to differ
    Carry On

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by texranger View Post
    Here are the facts, but since your mind wont change. JD was hired as GM in 2007, Ryan in 2008. I guess 1st year on the job with a horrible owner that wouldn't spend a penny and a farm system that was average, JD should have pulled a miracle in 2007. Didn't happen. But since the career baseball man, the know all, the best GM ever, even if he never was a GM, JD didn't have a hand in anything since 2008. Wow, we really need Ryan back, I was wrong my bad, I never realized that the great Ryan was CEO, president, GM, Manager, bench coach, and probably more titles that I'm missing. Ryan is the reason Cliff Lee isn't here, he didn't want Darvish here, but he wanted Oswalt. Wow Oswalt over Darvish, great judgment there. All of you JD haters will never give the man 1 ounce of credit, and when the Rangers get back to the WS under JD, then you can beg to differ
    Carry On
    He was actually promoted in 2005 as the GM after John Hart stepped down.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

    Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Show me the year JD got this team to a World Series before Nolan showed up. Please deal in facts, not ignorant speculations. Guys like that are a dime a dozen on these forums.
    You ask for facts, yet provide none to back your argument that Nolan is the only reason this team got to the World Series.

    Now, I'm not saying JD is the only reason we got to the World Series, but he is a major part of it. I'm also not saying that Nolan had nothing to do with it. I have given, and will continue to give, him credit for completely changing the mindset of the pitching staff, Mike Maddux also played a huge role in this also.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

    Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

    See ya, Nolan.

    Don't let the door hit you in your stubborn fat *** on the way out.

    This is JD's team
    Bingo.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

    Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    You ask for facts, yet provide none to back your argument that Nolan is the only reason this team got to the World Series.

    Now, I'm not saying JD is the only reason we got to the World Series, but he is a major part of it. I'm also not saying that Nolan had nothing to do with it. I have given, and will continue to give, him credit for completely changing the mindset of the pitching staff, Mike Maddux also played a huge role in this also.
    Show me where I made that argument.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •