Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rangers-Tigers agree to blockbuster deal

WOW

[QUOTE]

The Tigers and Rangers have agreed on a deal that would send Prince Fielder to the Rangers in exchange for Ian Kinsler, Jon Heyman of CBS Sports is reporting.
    Well, that was fast. It was recently learned by Heyman that the two sides were discussing such a deal, and it now seems the deal has been agreed upon, at least in principal. The deal would be pending a physical and it could include another player as well, Heyman said. Fielder also has a limited no-trade clause, and it's unsure if the Rangers are on that list. [/QUOTE

Evan Grant is also reporting with many other sources Texas will be getting money back in the deal.

Bravo JD, BRAVO

vCash
    This is an awesome deal for us. We get a power hitting first baseman, and it clears a space for Profar to play second base. Also one report said Tigers are goingt o be sending cash our way too.

We can still go after Mccann or Choo.

I agree with the above poster "Bravo JD, BRAVO "

vCash
    How excited are you guys right now? I know Fielder comes with a big price tag, but he's gonna mash in Arlington.

vCash
    The only reason I don't love this deal is because I liked Kinsler. Although, I was tired of his brainless moments on the field and base paths, not to mention his propensity for pop flys. The $30mm coming to Texas makes this a great deal for Texas. Bravo indeed JD. Now, let's got get McCann and see what we can do about David Price.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    This is a very good trade for Texas giving us a power bat and getting Profar on the field every day.It boils down with the 30 million that Detroit is sending makes Fielders deal for us 138 million over 7 years.Now we get a left fielder and another first baseman/designated hitter/catcher and our lineup will be a great deal better.Im thinking we will get two of either Beltran,Napoli or McCann.Im hoping for Beltran and McCann.Look at this lineup

CF Leonys Martin LH
    SS Elvis Andrus RH
    1B Prince Fielder LH
    3B Adrian Beltre RH
    DH Brian McCann LH
    LF Carlos Beltran SH
    RF Alex Rios RH
    C Geovanny Soto RH
    2B Jurickson Profar SH
    Last edited by parman4818; 11-21-2013 at 12:41 PM.

vCash
    Brian McCann would be the worst free agent signing in texas since chan ho!!!!

Now choo on the other hand would fit perfectly in the lineup, having a great on base guy in front of beltre/prince will be very favorable for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla91 View Post

Now choo on the other hand would fit perfectly in the lineup, having a great on base guy in front of beltre/prince will be very favorable for us.

vCash
    Choo would make the lineup too lefty heavy and leave the team vulnerable to lefties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla91 View Post

Nah McCann's swing is perfect for Arlington. He's a younger Nellie Cruz who plays catcher and bats leftie. If you look at it that way, then its a great fit. If you're expecting .310/.400/.950 then yea, you'll be disappointed.

vCash
    You guys are so lucky. Fielder is only 29 years old. His contract isn't the cheapest of contracts with Fielder being owed $24 million annually the next seven years ($168 million total) but the $30 million the tigers sent will help offset that down to $138 million over seven years. (I hope the Rangers store that money in a separate account somewhere and use it to decrease Fielder's $24M annual hit on the team's payroll through 2021)

He's durable playing in all 162 games the last four of five seasons, and at least 157 games in each of his eight full seasons. With Fielder you know you're getting constant production, he's averaged 35 home runs and 33 Doubles his career. If hitting 25 Home runs, .279, and 106 RBI is considered a "down" year then your a hell of a player. I can't wait to see how well he hits in Arlington Park!

Only negatives of Fielder: Defense, and he's disappeared in the post season for the Tigers. But having a financial commitment of eight years $138 million to a premier offensive 1B whose only 29 years old is considered a win. For comparison's sake, the Yankees gave Mark teixeira eight years $180 million dollars when he was 29 years old. (Only difference is Teix plays Gold Glove defense at First Base) Ask yourself is Defense worth that difference?
    Last edited by xabial; 11-21-2013 at 04:33 AM.

vCash
    I am not sure about the rest of you, but i have a feeling Fielder is our DH. I dont think Wash could stand his defense on 1st. When we play NL teams yeah, but DH most of the time i am guessing.

CF Leonys Martin
    SS Elvis Andrus
    DH Prince Fielder
    3B Adrian Beltre
    LF TBD
    RF Alex Rios
    1B Mitch Moreland (as of now)
    2B Jurickson Profar
    C Geovanny Soto

vCash
    YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT ABOUT McCann but i dont want Choo for 5 years and about 80 million either.I would go A.J. or Salty and Beltran we could get A.J for around 7 or 8 million and Salty for like 3 years for like 10 or 11 million a year and Beltran for like 2 years and 30 million with a option for a third year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowlongstar View Post
    I am not sure about the rest of you, but i have a feeling Fielder is our DH. I dont think Wash could stand his defense on 1st. When we play NL teams yeah, but DH most of the time i am guessing.

CF Leonys Martin
    SS Elvis Andrus
    DH Prince Fielder
    3B Adrian Beltre
    LF TBD
    RF Alex Rios
    1B Mitch Moreland (as of now)
    2B Jurickson Profar
    C Geovanny Soto
    There's not a shot in hell we are paying a guy $24mm or even around $18-19mm to be our DH. That would be stupid of the Rangers to do so.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    There's not a shot in hell we are paying a guy $24mm or even around $18-19mm to be our DH. That would be stupid of the Rangers to do so.
    Its not stupid and its definitely happening. Maybe 400 ABs at first and 200 at DH next season (if he's healthy), but the older he gets the less he will be playing defense. Prince is our problem for the next seven seasons now, so its vitally important to protect your investment as much as you can.

vCash
    JD is the ****ing man
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast