Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I like the idea of trading some pitching to get Bourjos. With our fly-ball staff he'd work out quite nicely in center. I assume the Angels would listen since the only way they get Morales, Pujols, and Trumbo in the lineup together is if RF or LF is open. Since they're paying Wells I assume they're going to want to play him.

I bet if Wren got creative he could get Bourjos without giving up Minor, Teheran, or Delgado. Possibly start a deal around Ahmed, Gilmartin, and some lower level pitching. Still, I wouldn't necessarily consider it a bad deal if Delgado was included.
    I like Bourjos but i won't trade Delgado for him, he could be a very good player or he could be a 4th OF, i'm not sure what to expect.

vCash
    Peter Bourjos can't hit a lick, Braves can do better.

vCash
    I like Bourjos, but we need a leadoff man, and he's not much of a hitter.

vCash
    A CFer and leadoff hitter is going to cost us either $100 million+ or 2 of Minor/Delgado/Teheran and more. No thank you, I'd rather roll with Simmons and, if he fails, slide everyone up a spot. I think Bourjos can hit enough to be a quality player, and one day he might get his OBP high enough to leadoff. Possibly even next season.

vCash
    Braves have reiterated they want prado in the 2 hole, so him at leadoff again is a small chance. Simmons hasnt had much experience leading off in the majors so it'd be ruling the dice with him. And if we were to trade for a Cf/Lf, it wont take minor plud delgado/tehetan. Thats too much for 1 player
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    The Braves are going to do whatever it takes to win games, I have a hard time believing they won't shift Prado if our leadoff hitter isn't working out. They've also said they're fine with Simmons hitting leadoff.

And if you think we'd get a CFer who also can leadoff for less than that you're nuts. I could possibly see a team taking Minor and virtually every other pitching prospect we have not named Delgado and Teheran but who wants to completely gut our farm system when we're undoubtedly going to need these pitchers down the stretch?

vCash
    Denard span plays Cf and bats leadoff. He can be had for Delgado plus some lower spects. Maybe less. It wont take the world to get someone adequate of batting leadoff. If they sign upton, he will play CF. They might get span and shift him to LF. Simmons is our last resort if nothing else works out
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    I personally think that signing Upton and trading Span would be almost perfect for you guys. Upton, Span, Heyward would be a great outfield and Span would lead off so there wouldn't be as much worry about Upton's OBP, though he still needs to improve that aspect of his game obviously. As a Twins fan Delgado and maybe a spec for Span would be fair in my opinion... What do you guys think?

Hudson, Beachy, Medlen, Minor, Hanson and Teheran are 6 good starting pitchers and Gilmartin may even be ready sometime this year. And the lineup would allow the Braves to go lefty/righty throughout for what its worth.

C: McCann (hits left)
    1B: Freeman (hits left)
    2B: Uggla (hits right)
    3B: Prado (hits right)
    SS: Simmons (hits right)
    LF: Upton (hits right)
    CF: Span (hits left)
    RF: Heyward (hits left)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Denard span plays Cf and bats leadoff. He can be had for Delgado plus some lower spects. Maybe less. It wont take the world to get someone adequate of batting leadoff. If they sign upton, he will play CF. They might get span and shift him to LF. Simmons is our last resort if nothing else works out
    2 years of Span for a little over $11 million with a very reasonable $9 million option (if he stays productive) in 2015? Yeah that's going to cost more than just Delgado and these "lower prospects" you speak of. Bourn trade took most of our depth, so it'd probably take at least Spruill, Gilmartin, and Delgado - and I'd be willing to bet another team would out-bid that package.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    A CFer and leadoff hitter is going to cost us either $100 million+ or 2 of Minor/Delgado/Teheran and more. No thank you, I'd rather roll with Simmons and, if he fails, slide everyone up a spot. I think Bourjos can hit enough to be a quality player, and one day he might get his OBP high enough to leadoff. Possibly even next season.
    None of that. In fact a good leadoff hitter is not necessary to have a great ball club, the Reds won 97 games with leadoff guys having a .254 OBP. If we sign upton for 60-70 M and use one of Delgado/Teheran/Minor to get Willingham we won't spend 100M or use too much prospects to have a better ballclub than last year.

vCash
    As a Twins fan I would be ecstatic with Delgado and Gilmartin for Span

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post
    As a Twins fan I would be ecstatic with Delgado and Gilmartin for Span
    According to some braves beat writers Delgado will be enough to get Span.

vCash
    Thats what I figured, or Delgado and a lower rated spec. I was just responding to what Flea had said. I think Delgado and a high risk high reward pitcher in the low minors could make some sense for both teams...?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post
    Thats what I figured, or Delgado and a lower rated spec. I was just responding to what Flea had said. I think Delgado and a high risk high reward pitcher in the low minors could make some sense for both teams...?
    I think it's fair, who do you think has a higher value, Span or Willingham?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I think it's fair, who do you think has a higher value, Span or Willingham?
    Span. He's younger, cheaper, under control for longer, and plays a difficult position.

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast