Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bowman also said that in addition to whichever CF they get, he believes the more "significant" move will come via trade.

vCash
    Dob informed me that span has played 74 games in Lf. None since 2009 but if we get both bj and span, we dnt have to worry about bj not being leadoff. We get a Cf and Lf and stll get a leadoff man. Hypothetically speaking
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Ok, the Phillies are high on B.J. Upton. The Braves interest in him could be nothing more than to drive his price up for them. It's also just like Wren to throw up a smokescreen so he can quietly get who he wants(lessons learned from a few years ago). I do not like Uptons avg. or OBP. for the price and years he is asking for.

vCash
    Th
    Quote Originally Posted by littleknighty View Post
    Ok, the Phillies are high on B.J. Upton. The Braves interest in him could be nothing more than to drive his price up for them. It's also just like Wren to throw up a smokescreen so he can quietly get who he wants(lessons learned from a few years ago). I do not like Uptons avg. or OBP. for the price and years he is asking for.
    thats exactly what I was thinking. Maybe take the market away so Bourn and others have limited suitors. We'll see though. I want something to be done sooner than later. I hate a long drawn out process

vCash
    Chase Headley makes a ton of sense.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    Chase Headley makes a ton of sense.....
    Would be a nice addition but I don't see Padres trading him after signing him to good deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Would be a nice addition but I don't see Padres trading him after signing him to good deal...
    Yea, plus I think they're high on prado. GG defense at 3b and you dnt have to make a trade to get him

vCash
    The Braves welcomed Upton to Turner Field on Thursday to provide the talented outfielder a better sense of how much they are hoping that he chooses to play in Atlanta next year. Wren and manager Fredi Gonzalez were both present for the meeting.

With the assumption that Josh Hamilton will be too expensive, the Braves appear to regard Upton as the most attractive outfielder available on the free agent market.

http://markbowman.mlblogs.com/2012/1...-turner-field/

vCash
    Courting the man eh...maybe this is more than a smokescreen. If that's the case, the guy better post an OBP over .300 (.330 I can probably deal with) or I'm going to be *****ing every time he's up there...as I do to the majority of players that don't get on base a fair amount.

vCash
    Why would Wren think this guy is a good investment? He's an outfield version of Uggla with a better glove, but worse eyes.

vCash
    Other than Upton, are we linked to any other outfielders?

vCash
    Interesting, maybe Pagan and Victorino were the actual smokescreens.

vCash
    mlbbowman
    Upton's meeting w/ the Braves lasted more than three hours. Free agents have said Frank Wren and his staff are impressive in these settings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Why would Wren think this guy is a good investment? He's an outfield version of Uggla with a better glove, but worse eyes.
    And less power (well career wise less power). Probably has to do with potential (even though he is 28)..and the fact that he is probably going to come cheaper than Josh Hamilton/Pagan.

I'm not sure why we're not entertaining victorino, he might be the cheapest of all options..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    mlbbowman
    Great to hear that we know how to "wow" a guy..

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast