Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Westwood

    42 65.63%
  • Virginia Beach

    18 28.13%
  • GMs of these teams vote here

    4 6.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,188
    vCash
    2100
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I voted for VB (even though I shouldn't have with no write up) because I really don't like the Lebron build that much. I think sticking Wallace on him with Bogut in the paint would be enough to slow Lebron down. Anderson won't be able to have the same mismatches with Melo guarding him and VB has a legit 6th man of the year candidate in Crawford. I just like the matchup for VB a lot more than a like the team itself.

    That team is almost completely reliant on Lebron and all they need to face is a team that is set up to defend Bron and they'll lose.
    The Lebron team is a bad fit?

    The team you voted for has:

    *A backup for their starting point guard
    *A backup for their starting shooting guard (whom also happens to be a chucker)
    *A forward coming off the worse season of his life at the SF
    *Their best player (Melo) playing out of position
    *A starting center that played 12 games last season

    On top of all that, they didnt submit a writeup.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,694
    vCash
    1500
    I still don't get the hate for Westwood. They have a great floor spacing and good defensive PF in Anderson who will get tons of looks with LeBron. A solid enough defender and great rebounder in Camby with an ok backup in Mozzy. LeBron ****ing James. George Hill who earned a starting spot on a very good Pacers team brings good defense, playmaking and shooting. Good fit with LeBron. Wes Matthews? A year removed from averaging 16 PPPG on good efficiency. He was on an awful team that gave up on its coach in the middle of the year. He's a good option on the wing with LeBron

    Idk, the more I think about it, the more I like that Westwood team.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    14,632
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I voted for VB (even though I shouldn't have with no write up) because I really don't like the Lebron build that much. I think sticking Wallace on him with Bogut in the paint would be enough to slow Lebron down. Anderson won't be able to have the same mismatches with Melo guarding him and VB has a legit 6th man of the year candidate in Crawford. I just like the matchup for VB a lot more than a like the team itself.

    That team is almost completely reliant on Lebron and all they need to face is a team that is set up to defend Bron and they'll lose.
    You clearly did not read my writeup. I address every single thing you mentioned.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,188
    vCash
    2100
    He voted for the Kobe team in the other matchup, a team that has a number of bad fits, then argues that the LeBron team is a bad fit...lol.

    What do you expect in the NBA forum?
    Last edited by Corey; 10-07-2012 at 02:06 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,140
    vCash
    1500
    Westwood is a solid good team but they are not sexy at all outside LeBron
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,329
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chacarronsau View Post
    You clearly did not read my writeup. I address every single thing you mentioned.
    There's that chaca hammer.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,694
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    He voted for the Kobe team in the other matchup, a team that has a number of bad fits, then argues that the LeBron team is a bad fit...lol.

    What do you expect in the NBA forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by chacarronsau View Post
    You clearly did not read my writeup. I address every single thing you mentioned.
    Corey and Chaca with the zingers

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    14,632
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish1314 View Post
    there's that chaca hammer.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    8,406
    vCash
    500
    take it back meant to vote for westwood


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    22,389
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chacarronsau View Post
    You clearly did not read my writeup. I address every single thing you mentioned.
    You addressed Wallace defending Lebron but basically wrote off Bogut due to injuries.... this game is assuming all players are healthy. In 2011 over the span of 4 games and 136 minutes (the last season Bogut played substantially against Lebron), Lebron shot 44% with Bogut on the floor (pretty mediocre) and only averaged 20 PPG per 36 min. I'm not impressed.

    I fail to see where you address the Melo on Anderson matchup other than saying Anderson is good in the pick and roll.

    And you make a case for Hickson being a legit 6th man after playing 19 games with a Portland team that wasn't going anywhere. I'm not saying he is bad just not as proven as Crawford in terms of carrying a bench. Also he backs up Anderson so I can't imagine he would be utilized THAT much whereas Crawford is backing up Richardson so he would probably find more minutes. Then you try to make a case for Hinrich based off his career playoff numbers probably because last year during the playoffs he was underwhelming at best posting a 10.1 PER 37% from 3 and 8.7 points per 36 minutes.... yet you are claiming he will be making significant contributions as your backup 1/2. I'll take Crawford over those two all day.


    While i'm at it.... one of your most favorable match ups.... George vs Kidd really isn't quite as favorable as you make it out to be. George Hill didn't do extraordinary against Kidd averaging the same 44% from the field that he did against everyone else and shooting 29% from 3. He also only averaged 1 assist per 36 minutes last year against Kidd head to head.... hardly anything to write home about. Kidd on the other hand shot 42% head to head and bumping his point total from 7.8 to 9.1 points per 36 min. He did take a slight drop in 3P% from 35 to 33% but still managed to average 7.2 assists per 36. Once again with that being your marquee match ups I found it underwhelming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    He voted for the Kobe team in the other matchup, a team that has a number of bad fits, then argues that the LeBron team is a bad fit...lol.

    What do you expect in the NBA forum?
    You have tried claiming I said the Lebron team is a bad fit in two posts now yet I have not said that once. Probably because I don't believe that. I think the Lebron team is lacking talent wise is the only case I am trying to make. If you'll read one of the last posts I made I said I like this matchup for VB more than the team itself because I still believe that as long as they shut down Lebron they have the scoring power to potentially upset.



    Also keep in mind i am looking for reasons to play devil's advocate and justify upsets (I'm pretty sure I have voted quite a few upsets up to this point). This has nothing to do with Kobe, Lebron, etc. like you are making it out to be. I am working a little harder at this one considering how one sided the voting is (I was shocked the lebron team got the 1 seed to begin with) and the fact that VB was stupid and didn't include a write up (next time a team does this I assure you they will not be getting my vote).
    Last edited by Raidaz4Life; 10-07-2012 at 06:49 PM.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    LakersLand
    Posts
    7,901
    vCash
    1500
    So you are basing your argument on "potentially, maybe, possibly" ?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    14,632
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    You addressed Wallace defending Lebron but basically wrote off Bogut due to injuries.... this game is assuming all players are healthy. In 2011 over the span of 4 games and 136 minutes (the last season Bogut played substantially against Lebron), Lebron shot 44% with Bogut on the floor (pretty mediocre) and only averaged 20 PPG per 36 min. I'm not impressed.

    I fail to see where you address the Melo on Anderson matchup other than saying Anderson is good in the pick and roll.

    And you make a case for Hickson being a legit 6th man after playing 19 games with a Portland team that wasn't going anywhere. I'm not saying he is bad just not as proven as Crawford in terms of carrying a bench. Also he backs up Anderson so I can't imagine he would be utilized THAT much whereas Crawford is backing up Richardson so he would probably find more minutes. Then you try to make a case for Hinrich based off his career playoff numbers probably because last year during the playoffs he was underwhelming at best posting a 10.1 PER 37% from 3 and 8.7 points per 36 minutes.... yet you are claiming he will be making significant contributions as your backup 1/2. I'll take Crawford over those two all day.


    While i'm at it.... one of your most favorable match ups.... George vs Kidd really isn't quite as favorable as you make it out to be. George Hill didn't do extraordinary against Kidd averaging the same 44% from the field that he did against everyone else and shooting 29% from 3. He also only averaged 1 assist per 36 minutes last year against Kidd head to head.... hardly anything to write home about. Kidd on the other hand shot 42% head to head and bumping his point total from 7.8 to 9.1 points per 36 min. He did take a slight drop in 3P% from 35 to 33% but still managed to average 7.2 assists per 36. Once again with that being your marquee match ups I found it underwhelming.



    You have tried claiming I said the Lebron team is a bad fit in two posts now yet I have not said that once. Probably because I don't believe that. I think the Lebron team is lacking talent wise is the only case I am trying to make. If you'll read one of the last posts I made I said I like this matchup for VB more than the team itself because I still believe that as long as they shut down Lebron they have the scoring power to potentially upset.



    Also keep in mind i am looking for reasons to play devil's advocate and justify upsets (I'm pretty sure I have voted quite a few upsets up to this point). This has nothing to do with Kobe, Lebron, etc. like you are making it out to be. I am working a little harder at this one considering how one sided the voting is (I was shocked the lebron team got the 1 seed to begin with) and the fact that VB was stupid and didn't include a write up (next time a team does this I assure you they will not be getting my vote).
    It's good to know you voted for Virginia Beach because you like upsets. Makes TOTAL SENSE.

    EDIT: Also, are you seriously going to use PER36 numbers with Kidd? He averaged less than 30 MPG last season, he can't play that many minutes anymore.
    Last edited by Chacarron; 10-07-2012 at 07:14 PM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    22,389
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersMaster24 View Post
    So you are basing your argument on "potentially, maybe, possibly" ?
    Isn't that what this game is....? Last time i checked these teams have never actually played each other before.... but hell if you want to round them up and get a game going down at the Y then I guess we can start speaking in definitives.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    22,389
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chacarronsau View Post
    It's good to know you voted for Virginia Beach because you like upsets. Makes TOTAL SENSE.
    I'm glad you ignored the number of reasons I listed and came away with just that.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    14,632
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I'm glad you ignored the number of reasons I listed and came away with just that.
    Considering you voted for the 8th-seeded Kobe team against the number 1 seed in that conference, I can't really take your opinion seriously.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •