34 56.67%
  • Manhattan

22 36.67%
  • GMs of these teams vote here

4 6.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Because you'd be neutralizing Rubio. Taking the ball out of his hands takes away his biggest strength.

Kobe commands the ball. Rubio isn't a good player to have play off the ball. Cant shoot well enough. If he's not controlling the offense, setting up shooters, running the break, he's pretty much just a defender.
    Then put the ball in his hands. Kobe commands the ball (and has been a primary play maker for most of his career) because he has hardly ever had a good creating PG like who he has now (Nash), and in this scenario Rubio. Actually think this helps this team more since Kobe does not have to be the playmaker.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Then put the ball in his hands. Kobe commands the ball (and has been a primary play maker for most of his career) because he has hardly ever had a good creating PG like who he has now (Nash), and in this scenario Rubio. Actually think this helps this team more since Kobe does not have to be the playmaker.
    The difference is Nash is one of the best best shooters in the NBA and could succeed playing in a more off-the-ball role off Kobe. Rubio is 100% worthless offensively outside of his ability to create for others. And I don't see why people would believe Kobe would just let Rubio take the reins of the team and have him be delegated to a secondary ball handler role. That just would not happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I'm not sure why people think Kobe CAN'T play off the ball. Just because he usually hasn't, doesn't mean he is incapable of it. I think this past olympics showed he is perfectly capable of playing off an elite ball handler.
    He was not a very good olympic player from what I remember. He often killed the flow of the offense and just wasn't a great off ball player.

vCash
    I'm not sure why people think Kobe CAN'T play off the ball. Just because he usually hasn't, doesn't mean he is incapable of it. I think this past olympics showed he is perfectly capable of playing off an elite ball handler.
    Terrible comparison.

On an Olympic team, he's not the best player on the court. Other teams have to account for every single other player on the floor, so he'll be seeing 1-1 matchups no matter what.

That isn't the case in the NBA. On a team with Rubio who cant shoot and Hill who isn't going to kill you offensively playing alongside Kobe, opposing backcourts/wings only have one player to worry about.

When was the last time we've seen Kobe consistently play successfully coming of screens and catching-and-shooting?

Nash is a better offensive player than Rubio will ever be. Having him dump it off to Kobe in an iso or pick and roll will be immensely more effective due to the fact that Nash can hit down shots from anywhere on the floor -- the same cant be said about Rubio.

vCash
    Why wouldn't Rubio and Kobe work?
    It's a really awkward combination. I'm of the mind that talent is talent and talent overcomes, but Rubio is a far cry from the ideal backcourt mate for Kobe. They're both chiefly ball operators and between the two, you obviously need the ball in Kobe's hands more. Rubio is a nearly non existent threat to hurt you from deep which makes it easier for the opposing defense to deal with Bryant.

Granted less than ideal combinations have worked before and are continuing to work. Westbrook-Durant and LeBron-Wade are both far from perfect combos but you're also talking about four of the league's ten or twelve best players in that case.

vCash
    #KobeSystem in full force
    I should have traded Lebron for Kobe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JOhnnyTHaJet View Post
    Howd Manhattan end up with the 8th seed? Theyre a very good team.
    Manhattan an 8th seed? Damn, these teams must be stacked.
    Rubio-Kobe fit and ? over AD.

vCash
    terrible comparison. kobe wasn't the best player on that team, where he is on the lakers. kobe, on some squads he played in during olympic games was the #2 option, and possibly #3 sometimes, where he is and always will be the #1 option on the lakers.

i could say melo will average 30 ppg this upcoming season because he played well in the olympics.. you can't really compare the olympics to the NBA. talent drop of is major, and the majority of the best players usually are all on the same team (USA).

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    Duh Laker fans are all over thats why its close so far Duh!
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    This isn't the triangle offense where Kobe Bryant needs the ball in his hands all the time, and the notion that he can't play off the ball is not true. He's never played off the ball during the time he's played with the Lakers, but Kobe Bryant still has shown to be one of the better players in the world even when he played off the ball during the Olympics. If he's done it with superstars on his team, he'll definitely do it with Rubio as well. Aside from that, Rubio is the type of PG that will make all of his teammates better. The experiment of him and Pekovic is an experiment that has already exceeded in the past and would exceed well with this team as well.

vCash
    Manhattan's floor spacing is very poor which I think is a huge factor here. They have nobody who shoots 34%+ from 3 in their starting lineup and their 1-3 are not very efficient. And to say that Davis can contain Dirk is purely speculation. We have no idea how Davis will fair in the NBA. He's never ever guarded a Dirk-esque player in college basketball. An inexperienced rookie going against one of the most versatile scorers in the game is a huge advantage for us.

Also, Kobe's defense has notoriously become worse. He's not an elite defender anymore. Gordon can slash, run the pick and roll, spot up, and create his own shot. He's a great second option going against an average to above average defender.

Lastly, Kobe definitely isn't the best shooter in the world when open. There are numerous players I'd take over the same Kobe that shoots 5 3's per game and makes them at a 30% clip.

vCash
    Both of these 8 seeds are really ****ing good.

vCash
    Manhattan is much better than some other teams with higher seeds.

Rubio/Bryant is great. A good floor general like Rubio is just what Bryant needs.

Wolves United

vCash
    Terrible comparison.

On an Olympic team, he's not the best player on the court. Other teams have to account for every single other player on the floor, so he'll be seeing 1-1 matchups no matter what.

That isn't the case in the NBA. On a team with Rubio who cant shoot and Hill who isn't going to kill you offensively playing alongside Kobe, opposing backcourts/wings only have one player to worry about.

When was the last time we've seen Kobe consistently play successfully coming of screens and catching-and-shooting?

Nash is a better offensive player than Rubio will ever be. Having him dump it off to Kobe in an iso or pick and roll will be immensely more effective due to the fact that Nash can hit down shots from anywhere on the floor -- the same cant be said about Rubio.
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks=love View Post
    terrible comparison. kobe wasn't the best player on that team, where he is on the lakers. kobe, on some squads he played in during olympic games was the #2 option, and possibly #3 sometimes, where he is and always will be the #1 option on the lakers.

i could say melo will average 30 ppg this upcoming season because he played well in the olympics.. you can't really compare the olympics to the NBA. talent drop of is major, and the majority of the best players usually are all on the same team (USA).

I am purely saying a player of Kobe Bryant's talent is capable of doing it. I have no idea if he'd excel or not, but the level of talent around him has nothing to do with whether or not he has the skillset to do it.
    Last edited by Raidaz4Life; 10-07-2012 at 07:50 AM.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    I'm on the side of people think Kobe having a quality ball-handling PG is a GOOD thing... but Davis guarding Dirk is too much of an advantage for Santa Monica.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast