Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Favorite guitarists and their riffs

So who is everyones top 3 guitarists and what riffs or pieces of theirs are your favorite?

My top 3
    Tom Morello
    Adam Jones
    Jimi Hendrix

I think for Tom Morello my favorite riff would be Sleep Now In The Fire. Simple but fun as hell to play

For Adam Jones my favorite guitar part for him would be the live version of Push It off the Salival album. It's just extremely intimate and soulful.

Hendrix, gotta be All Along The Watchtower. His cover is epic and I really think that was his best work.

Honorable mention goes to Mike Akerfeldt of Opeth he is a hell of a guitarist.

So what's everyone else's picks
    "Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."-Bill Hicks

vCash
    My favorite guitarists are

Jimmy Page
    Eric Clapton
    Jimi Hendrix

My favorite Clapton riff is easliy Layla.
    Page is a little harder to pick. I love the riff from Heartbreaker, Black Dog, & Rock & Roll
    My favorite Hendrix riff is Voodoo Child.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnicksAllDay View Post
    My favorite guitarists are

Jimmy Page
    Eric Clapton
    Jimi Hendrix

My favorite Clapton riff is easliy Layla.
    Page is a little harder to pick. I love the riff from Heartbreaker, Black Dog, & Rock & Roll
    My favorite Hendrix riff is Voodoo Child.
    I think Black Dog may be one of the coolest riffs ever. That's the song that got me into Zepplin. It was a tough choice between Hendrix's Voodoo Chile or All Along The Watch Tower for me.
    What are your thoughts on Clapton doing cell phone commercials? You think he sold out?
    "Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."-Bill Hicks

vCash
    John Frusciante - So many to pick from... right now I'd say Quixoticelixer (both halves, but especially the last minute or two), but depending on the day I could say Venice Queen, Turn It Again, or Don't Forget Me.

Mike Einzinger - last half of Earth to Bella Part 2, but special mention to Sick Sad Little World and to Pendulous Threads.

Tom Morello - so many great riffs. My favorite is probably Show Me How to Live.

vCash

vCash
    Jimmy Page - Custard Pie, Immigrant Song, Black Dog, Heartbreaker
    Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Roulette Dares, Cosmonaut, L'Via L'Viaquez, Meccamputechture
    Jimi Hendrix - Fire, Highway Chile, AATW, Castles Made of Sand

vCash
    David Gilmour's solo in Comfortably Numb....perfect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    John Frusciante - So many to pick from... right now I'd say Quixoticelixer (both halves, but especially the last minute or two), but depending on the day I could say Venice Queen, Turn It Again, or Don't Forget Me.

Mike Einzinger - last half of Earth to Bella Part 2, but special mention to Sick Sad Little World and to Pendulous Threads.

Tom Morello - so many great riffs. My favorite is probably Show Me How to Live.
    Frusciante does have alot to pick from. Wish he was still with the band. I think Under The Bridge is his greatest. Been my all time favorite song since I was 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    What are your thoughts on Clapton doing cell phone commercials? You think he sold out?
    I don't really see anything wrong with it. I mean the dude's almost 70.

vCash
    Eric Johnsonhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15eu7ar5EKM

John Petrucci https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5t_b9xOY-I

Joe Satriani https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlry...eature=related

Music is so personal and subjective I can't really say ___ is the best ever, but 3 of my all time favorites.

vCash
    Current
    Misha Mansoor
    Mike Stringer

Not that anyone knows or cares about them

All time
    Eric Clapton
    Eric Johnson
    Steve Ouimette
    Gary Rossington

vCash
    I like Mark Knopfler

vCash
    Jimmy Page - Whole Lotta Love, Heartbreaker
    Eric Claptop - Cocaine
    Joe Walsh - Funk #49

vCash
    Doc Watson
    Jimi Hendrix
    Albert Hammond jr.

vCash
    I like wes borland of limp bizkit because he is so cool and he always has body paint on himself but he's good too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast