Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skinny Swag

vCash
    He's showed alot of offensive potential in the minors

And LOL at nothing on the bases that impressed you, he lead the NL in SB when he got hurt, with a terrible OBP%
    Foam Party!

vCash
    First of all, minor league numbers mean NOTHING. We could put together a list of guys that we all remember being cant miss prospects or guys winning the AAA triple crown or guys who were considered untouchable that never did a thing in the big leagues, so minor league numbers mean absolutely ZERO.

Secondly, yes he had I believe 25 or so SB's at the time he got hurt, but he was also thrown out 10 times, which lead the NL as well......a 65% success rate is pathetic
    Last edited by DodgerBlueMike; 10-11-2012 at 07:22 PM.

vCash
    How else can we judge Gordon other than MILB numbers? LOL, he hasn't had near enough MLB AB to judge
    Foam Party!

vCash
    You are missing my point. My question was simple. Given everything you saw with Dee when he was our starter, pre injury.....given the numbers (even though it's only 300 AB's) and your passion for the Dodgers....was there anything that made you as a Dodger fan say "wow...I see some definite upside with this kid...he really impressed me with this or that."

If so, then great, I am just asking you to tell me what I might have missed this season watching him....
    Last edited by DodgerBlueMike; 10-11-2012 at 07:32 PM.

vCash
    His speed

But I get your point, if looking at specifically this year, no, he wasn't impressive
    Foam Party!

vCash
    I am as big of a Dodger fan as anyone in here......and I would love to say wow his glove work is amazing, or he draws a ton walks, or he really knows how to lay down a bunt and kick start our offense....but I saw none of that.

vCash
    That's cool, I'm just saying I hope you arn't giving up on him
    Foam Party!

vCash
    I really really hope he proves me wrong. He would be a HUGE addition to our lineup with his speed. With all those huge bats in the middle of the lineup, all he really has to do is find a way to get on base and play steady defense and we will all be happy.

I just cross my fingers that what we saw this past season (the first half of the season) is no indication of what is to come, because based on numbers and what I saw, he did nothing to help the Dodgers at all...in my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    LOL at looking at RBI's for a leadoff hitter
    17 in half a season is pretty sad no matter where you play. Thats borderline Jamie Carroll status. lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    17 in half a season is pretty sad no matter where you play. Thats borderline Jamie Carroll status. lol.
    It's not bad for a half season leadoff hitter
    Foam Party!

vCash
    As I have been saying....maybe some (or all) of the blame needs to lay on the shoulders of the Dodger brass.

I don't know about you guys, but if I were the Dodgers, Dee would be playing in Mexico, in Venezuela, in Winter Ball.....anywhere and everywhere between now and next April just to work on bunting, learning the strike zone and his fielding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlueMike View Post
    As I have been saying....maybe some (or all) of the blame needs to lay on the shoulders of the Dodger brass.

I don't know about you guys, but if I were the Dodgers, Dee would be playing in Mexico, in Venezuela, in Winter Ball.....anywhere and everywhere between now and next April just to work on bunting, learning the strike zone and his fielding.
    Dee is playing winter ball. Can't remember where.

Btw lol at people using rbis to quantify the value of a lead off hitter. Woe is me some of you probably don't even know what sabermetrics are.

vCash
    Call me un informed but what is Gordon doing this off season. Is he playing anywhere

vCash

Skinny Swag

I have a sneaky suspicion Gordon will be traded for pitching or a 3B..

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Baseball cliche: "speed never slumps"

Dee Gordon: challenge accepted.
    "... ever noticed how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldn't have ****ed with? - that's me."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast