Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Skinny Swag

vCash
    Hell even Offerman learned how to hit. Dee is going to be ok.

vCash
    i forgot where i said this, however, i think it would be just fine if we went into the season with a Platoon at SS use Dee vs RHP and Cruz vs LHP and as a late inning defensive substitute until one of them earns the starting job or looses their platoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    i forgot where i said this, however, i think it would be just fine if we went into the season with a Platoon at SS use Dee vs RHP and Cruz vs LHP and as a late inning defensive substitute until one of them earns the starting job or looses their platoon.
    That's really not a bad plan. I kinda dig it. My only problem is that they are entirely different offensive players and the lineup would have to drastically change depending on the pitcher we face. Dee would probably leadoff but Cruz is the lower in the order type of guy. I don't think changing the lineup everyday is a good thing.
    5>2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAFord View Post
    That's really not a bad plan. I kinda dig it. My only problem is that they are entirely different offensive players and the lineup would have to drastically change depending on the pitcher we face. Dee would probably leadoff but Cruz is the lower in the order type of guy. I don't think changing the lineup everyday is a good thing.
    this is a good observation, however, until Dee learns to hit, why waste AB's at the top of the order, idk have them both bat 7th or 8th

vCash
    1. Dee can't hit fastball, that's documented. One he hits it better, his average will go up and he will get pitched around more.

2. The team has Maury Wills as the bunting instructor and he teaches all players, even Kemp. Dee is a grown man, if he wants to spend more than his allocated time, that's up to him.

3. Even with Dee's light hitting, the reason he's in the line up is his speed and his defense.

I think he'll be fine next year to be honest but he wont be that great of a hitter but all he had to do is at least hit .260/.270

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    1. Dee can't hit fastball, that's documented. One he hits it better, his average will go up and he will get pitched around more.

2. The team has Maury Wills as the bunting instructor and he teaches all players, even Kemp. Dee is a grown man, if he wants to spend more than his allocated time, that's up to him.

3. Even with Dee's light hitting, the reason he's in the line up is his speed and his defense.

I think he'll be fine next year to be honest but he wont be that great of a hitter but all he had to do is at least hit .260/.270
    He wasn't though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    this is a good observation, however, until Dee learns to hit, why waste AB's at the top of the order, idk have them both bat 7th or 8th
    2 things...
    I don't want Dee to bat leadoff, I just know Donnie will put him there. i was basing my post on what I think Don will do.

Also, if Dee can't hit leadoff or #2, then I really don't want him on this team. Who wants a guy that has 0 power batting 7th or 8th? We are the L.A. Dodgers with lots of money now, we can do better than him.
    5>2

vCash
    Get Youk on a 2 year deal and play him at 3rd and bat him 7th and bat Carl Crawford 1st.

vCash
    I think dee will get better he only had 3 years in the minors and one good season in the biggs, If he can come back with a bit more seasoning it might be a break out year for him remember he is super young, only had 2.5 seasons in the minors that is very small sample for someone who started playing baseball senior year of high school and one year in community college. Dude is a player with strong bloodlines speed and just needs some seasoning and to click with a batting coach he will be a .280-.300 hitter with low rbi's being at the top of the lineup and no real power to speak of but should steal 60+ bases a season that is huge especially with our revamped lineup he also has speed and a good glove on defense. Let him play ss and move hamram over to 3rd and cruz to 2nd that gives us the most chances to score for sure.
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!
    I would give her a ball maybe two!!!!!!!!

vCash
    we can roll with this a little longer, Dee has 2 years to figure it out, if he hasn't screw him and sign Andrus in free agency

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    He wasn't though
    he was hurt so he couldn't play? He didn't get benched, totally different if he was hurt and replaced.

When he was able to come back Hanley and Cruz were hitting well, why change that? He may start next season cuz one of our offensive issues was lack of speed/lead off hitter.

btw, right now he's hitting .320 with an OBP of .393 in winter ball,

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    I think because he lost his job to cruz and hanram he will have a bit of a chip on his shoulder to be a better hitter next year. Also if the reports are true about McGuire then he should help him a whole lot!!!!!
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!
    I would give her a ball maybe two!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedinblueball View Post
    I think because he lost his job to cruz and hanram he will have a bit of a chip on his shoulder to be a better hitter next year. Also if the reports are true about McGuire then he should help him a whole lot!!!!!

Yea, if we get Big Mac as the hitting coach Dee will mysteriously gain 30 pounds if muscle and become a power hitter

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    hopefully big mac will help him.

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    I would love for Dee to learn Butlers game. Bunt if the fielders are back, if there in fake the bunt and slap the ball over there head.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234