Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

College Gameday: Georgia at South Carolina

Obviously the biggest game of the week. Each team has a ton on the line with the winner being the overwhelming favorite to win the SEC East and keep their national title hopes alive, especially Georgia. If they win, their ticket to Atlanta is virtually punched, having an extremely easy schedule the rest of the way. If South Carolina wins, they might still have to take down Florida in the swamp but would still be the favorites to head to Atlanta holding the tiebreaker over Georgia.

This has the makings of a classic and quite possibly the most important matchup between the two to date. Should be one hell of a game.

Thoughts?

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

As well as Connor Shaw has been playing these past few weeks, I'm still not a fan of him as a quarterback. SC also looked mediocre at best in the first half against a very bad Kentucky team.

I say Georgia takes this one by double digits, but not a complete rout. 10-14 point win. No real explanation as to why, but there's my prediction.

If this game is half as entertaining as last years matchup, we're in for a show.

With Florida playing LSU and WVU and Texas playing each other, I don't know if this is the biggest game of the week. Georgia does have the easiest schedule between Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida and the best chance of winning the SEC East. If SC wins they still have to get by LSU, Florida, Tennessee, and Clemson (non-conference), so they still have a good chance of losing a couple of games and not winning the SEC East.
    Looks like there will be a few less undefeated teams after this weekend.

I've got South Carolina in this one. I feel that Georgia is overrated

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

This game may not seem as big but it is because if Georgia can win this game they are likely just one game away from having a great shot at 12-0 and representing the SEC East in the SEC Championship game.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    This game may not seem as big but it is because if Georgia can win this game they are likely just one game away from having a great shot at 12-0 and representing the SEC East in the SEC Championship game.
    Exactly. Georgia definitely has the easier schedule because they play Florida at a neutral location and completely miss LSU. South Carolina doesn't have nearly the same advantage in terms of the schedule, especially if Florida manages to upend LSU.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

I have more faith in SC than in past years due to Shaw, but I'm still picking UGA. I have a feeling that UGA's defense will finally show why there was hype in the pre-season, and I really like UGA's offense. The coaching advantage goes to Spurrier, but UGA has more talent in my opinion..
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    I have more faith in SC than in past years due to Shaw, but I'm still picking UGA. I have a feeling that UGA's defense will finally show why there was hype in the pre-season, and I really like UGA's offense. The coaching advantage goes to Spurrier, but UGA has more talent in my opinion..
    I'm taking South Carolina for the same reason. UGA's defense has been all hype to this point. Granted their offense put their defense in a rough position twice against Tennessee, but their defense yielded 30+ points to UT on their own and they haven't been that impressive against other teams either.

Tennessee ran the ball inside against Georgia and they did it throughout the game. That's a recipe for another Lattimore pounding.

Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    Obviously the biggest game of the week. Each team has a ton on the line with the winner being the overwhelming favorite to win the SEC East and keep their national title hopes alive, especially Georgia. If they win, their ticket to Atlanta is virtually punched, having an extremely easy schedule the rest of the way. If South Carolina wins, they might still have to take down Florida in the swamp but would still be the favorites to head to Atlanta holding the tiebreaker over Georgia.

This has the makings of a classic and quite possibly the most important matchup between the two to date. Should be one hell of a game.

Thoughts?
    Florida is the favorite in the East
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer