Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

I have Ichiro's ACTUAL 1st Yankee Hit BALL! ...Please help me prove it!

Hi to all Yankee fans, this is Alex.

I have an MLB-authenticated game used baseball of Russell Martin's 3rd inning groundout on the July 23, 2010 game at Seattle.

...and guess what - that was the very same inning of Ichiro's 1st at-bat / 1st game as a Yankee!
    I am now on a quest to prove that THIS BALL was the actual ball slapped by Ichiro to center field for his 1st hit as a New York Yankee.

Here are the facts that I have gathered so far:

1) Here is the official play-play of the 3rd inning: (http://espn.go.com/mlb/playbyplay?ga...ull=1&inning=0)

Top of Third Inning, Kevin Millwood pitching for Seattle
     Andruw Jones Strike (swinging), A Jones struck out swinging
     Ichiro Suzuki Strike (looking), I Suzuki singled to center
     Russell Martin Strike (looking), Ball, Ball, I Suzuki stole second,
           R Martin grounded out to second, I Suzuki to third

2) Here is a Youtube video of Ichiro's 1st at-bat as a Yankee in the same game: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YB5J...eature=related)

From this fan video, it can be seen that after Ichiro's hit, the outfielder throws the ball in to the 2nd baseman, 2nd baseman tosses it to the shortstop, and the shortstop tosses the ball back to the pitcher.
    From what it looks like, there is a very strong possibility that the same ball was used for the next batter, which was Russell Martin!

3) I already have video proof (from the MLB.TV coverage of the game) that only ONE ball was used in the entire Russell Martin at-bat (which also had Ichiro's 1st STOLEN BASE as a Yankee!), which ended with a groundout of this ball that I have.
    However, in the MLB.TV video, it was not shown whether the pitcher (Kevin Millwood) did in fact use the ball from the center fielder (Ichiro's 1st hit ball) to throw the 1st pitch to Russell Martin.

4) Here is my request:
    I was wondering if someone in this forum was able to attend the game, and take a video of the 3rd inning (maybe to commemorate Ichiro's 1st at-bat)?

I would just like definitive proof that the pitcher (Kevin Millwood) did in fact use the ball from the center fielder (Ichiro's 1st hit ball) to throw the 1st pitch to Russell Martin.

I would be happy to give a small token of appreciation for your time and help.

Please feel free to comment or post any leads, thank you very much!
    Alex
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 10-08-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Don't post pics

vCash
    It's not going to be worth anything the value to u is more... Watch the game get w replay of game just watch it go on you tube watch just be happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ichiro31 View Post
    Hi to all Yankee fans, this is Alex.

I have an MLB-authenticated game used baseball of Russell Martin's 3rd inning groundout on the July 23, 2010 game at Seattle.

...and guess what - that was the very same inning of Ichiro's 1st at-bat / 1st game as a Yankee!
    I am now on a quest to prove that THIS BALL was the actual ball slapped by Ichiro to center field for his 1st hit as a New York Yankee.

Here are the facts that I have gathered so far:

1) Here is the official play-play of the 3rd inning: (http://espn.go.com/mlb/playbyplay?ga...ull=1&inning=0)

Top of Third Inning, Kevin Millwood pitching for Seattle
     Andruw Jones Strike (swinging), A Jones struck out swinging
     Ichiro Suzuki Strike (looking), I Suzuki singled to center
     Russell Martin Strike (looking), Ball, Ball, I Suzuki stole second,
           R Martin grounded out to second, I Suzuki to third

2) Here is a Youtube video of Ichiro's 1st at-bat as a Yankee in the same game: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YB5J...eature=related)

From this fan video, it can be seen that after Ichiro's hit, the outfielder throws the ball in to the 2nd baseman, 2nd baseman tosses it to the shortstop, and the shortstop tosses the ball back to the pitcher.
    From what it looks like, there is a very strong possibility that the same ball was used for the next batter, which was Russell Martin!

3) I already have video proof (from the MLB.TV coverage of the game) that only ONE ball was used in the entire Russell Martin at-bat (which also had Ichiro's 1st STOLEN BASE as a Yankee!), which ended with a groundout of this ball that I have.
    However, in the MLB.TV video, it was not shown whether the pitcher (Kevin Millwood) did in fact use the ball from the center fielder (Ichiro's 1st hit ball) to throw the 1st pitch to Russell Martin.

4) Here is my request:
    I was wondering if someone in this forum was able to attend the game, and take a video of the 3rd inning (maybe to commemorate Ichiro's 1st at-bat)?

I would just like definitive proof that the pitcher (Kevin Millwood) did in fact use the ball from the center fielder (Ichiro's 1st hit ball) to throw the 1st pitch to Russell Martin.

I would be happy to give a small token of appreciation for your time and help.

Please feel free to comment or post any leads, thank you very much!
    Alex
    Just enjoy it. Most likely you will never be able to prove it. Basically it is possibly worth a bit more than a average game used ball. If it was the first, last or some other milestone hit a ball could certainly be worth more but not in this case. Just be glad you have it.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Thank you very much for the replies!

Yes, am very happy to have the ball, but it would be great to prove that this is indeed Ichiro actual 1st hit ball.

...and btw, GO YANKS!

vCash
    First hit ball*

Like everyone has said, just enjoy it.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, feel free to post more.

6. 10-08-2012, 10:30 PM

vCash
    If you really want that to be proven, call up Steiner. It'll cost some money, but it actually probably won't cost terribly much more if it already has a hologram and is already certified to be there may make it easier.

Keep in mind, that it's going to be damned near impossible to prove though because as I'm sure you're aware the battery always is swapping out balls.

Good luck though!

vCash
    I wonder how much Jeter's first ever foul ball is worth from 1995?
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Wow, I guess some Yankee/Jeter supercollector would like to have that 1995 foul ball...

Actually, I already have proof that only ONE ball was used for Ichiro's 1st at-bat and 1st hit, until the point it comes back to Kevin Millwood. I also have proof that ONLY ONE ball was used for the next batter / Russell Martin's at-bat, including Ichiro's stolen base, until Martin grounds out to third --- which is the ACTUAL ball I have (MLB hologram number EK242013).

All I need to have undeniable proof is the footage that Kevin Millwood did indeed use the ball he received from the centerfielder/2nd baseman/shortstop to pitch his 1st pitch to Russell Martin.

Still hoping that I will reach someone with this footage!

....on another note - Ichiro RBI double!!! Go Yanks!!!!

vCash
    on another note... Ichiro 2-run HR! Go YANKS!!!

vCash
    Still hoping to find someone with an in-stadium video of the 3rd inning of the 7/23/2012 New York-Seattle game, thank you!

vCash
    will give $100 Paypal to someone who can provide the live/in-stadium video of the entire 3rd inning NYY at-bat of the 7/23/2012 NYY-SEA game (Ichiro's Yankee debut).

thank you in advance for your time and help!

vCash
    Sorry bro. Unless MLB has something like "all 22" you may not find it.

vCash
    I got the footage but I want $500 before you see it.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Thumper88,

Really? If so, I am willing to consider $500. Please let me know your contact details, thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast