Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    How is Baltimore in the playoffs?

I don't get it.
    They won a record setting number of one run games. If we won as many one run games as them we would be in the playoffs too (or a couple games out).

http://sodomojo.com/2012/09/19/the-m...-the-playoffs/
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    of course he would, its the yankees.

we shoulda signed beltran last year.
    It tells me those storys about him being selfish are true when he is pretty much doing whatever he can for the Yankees and not do the same for us even if it helps the team.

We better not attempt to sign him in the Off-season he has way to much power with this club.

Also glad to see A-Fraud struggle keep striking out and being payed through the roof Lol.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 10-09-2012 at 11:45 AM.

vCash
    Would be awesome to see Detroit's defense cost them three straight against the A's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    They won a record setting number of one run games. If we won as many one run games as them we would be in the playoffs too (or a couple games out).

http://sodomojo.com/2012/09/19/the-m...-the-playoffs/
    I just meant talent wise. They're not even the third most talented team in that division, IMO.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I'm done watching baseball till 2013.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    I just meant talent wise. They're not even the third most talented team in that division, IMO.
    Tons of HR and luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkindrublic03 View Post
    Would be awesome to see Detroit's defense cost them three straight against the A's
    Why would u want to see th A's win. I don't get it.

I don't understand it either. Me and my buddy were trying to name their rotation the other day and got two.

I feel the same way about Oakland. Seems like they threw a bunch of scrubs and rooks together and pulled that season out of their ***.

vCash
    Not a fan of Detroit! Plus the A's overtook Texas while not allowing the Angels into the postseason.

I'm happy for the A's for those reasons alone.

vCash
    Rooting for someone in your division is like banging your family member. It may sound like a good idea to some but you just don't do it.

vCash
    wisdom right there

vCash
    Well, go Giants I guess.

Tons of upsets so far. All of them really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Well, go Giants I guess.

Tons of upsets so far. All of them really.
    I wasn't really surprised much at all. I had the Giants and Tigers picked. The yanks isn't surprising and the Cards seem to do this yearly.

vCash
    I'm glad the Nats lost.

That decision to sit Strasburg could have severely bit them in the ***.

Your first playoff appearance and you sit your star. Awful idea.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I'm glad the Nats lost.

That decision to sit Strasburg could have severely bit them in the ***.

Your first playoff appearance and you sit your star. Awful idea.
    Yup, x2. Dumb.

I remember ppl saying if we made the playoffs one yr to sit Pineda and I couldn't believe it. You can't go through life being scared or... You'll lose in the first rd of the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Yup, x2. Dumb.

I remember ppl saying if we made the playoffs one yr to sit Pineda and I couldn't believe it. You can't go through life being scared or... You'll lose in the first rd of the playoffs.
    I think im one of the only ones that sees the logic to the strasburg sitting and respect their unwavering decision. They are thinking dynasty, not a 1 yr ride.

When increasing your innings pitch by more that 20% in a season the % go drastically up (i believe like 80%), that you will suffer an arm injury the next year, its close to a given. On top of that you have the mark prior AND Kerry Wood 2003 example, dusty through caution to the wind and rode their young arms, robbed the Cubs of a potential dynasty, and 2 SURE FIRE HOF careers.

Pitcher has the highest probablility for injury in sport, you have to have a program and stick to it when building them up to be 200inning guys, (especially if he is less than 2 years removed from TJ).... remember with felix, we had to monitor his innings against his will, now he is conditioned to go 240innings and doesnt have arm problems..... And the thing with stras, even if he were to feel something in his arm, no way hes saying anything, thats the kinda competitor he is, and extremely dangerous situation.

I feel alone on this island of thinking.... that being said, if they woulda made the NLCS i woulda given him a bullpen session and see about working him up for a game 4 or 5 start, hes too good and i think 10-20 more innings with that much on the line makes sense... they still would be limiting the risk.... they can start his winter throwing program later ya know and pick up the cautious approach beginning of next season.
    Last edited by Rain City; 10-13-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast