Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    Mariners will pay. He will be our savior. He is taking his services to Sea Town. He mailed it in like Lebron. Wants to win his first ring here.
    I wouldn't he is 32 years old often injured and goes into huge slumps and will swing at everything even if it isn't close to the strike zone.

Not sure if we are even going to go after a top of the line FA since we would have to give up our first round pick this FA isn't really good.

Really wanted B.J Upton but i would hate to give up the 12th overall pick in the 1st round for him.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 10-06-2012 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    hamilton is a HOF fame talent with a fragile psyche.... he has proved he can be a hollywood story/savior one yr, and a trainwreck the next.

i think in seattle.... the play out for it to be a hollywood story is greater than the latter... the seattle market is tucked away, very mild pressure on players compared to the rest of the league, as well as a safer big city lifestyle.... Seattle is one of the least likeliest places to awaken his deamons.

THe health issue. Texas has had hamilton playing in RF, CF and LF, wherever they need him the most depending on who is pitching and what other OFs are available.... In Seattle you put him in RF next to the best CF in baseball and he will have less strain on his body.... and with all his ups and downs he had this year, his body held up. Good sign.

also, his price tag has gone down, way down, we will still have to pony up but we are getting a bat faaaaar bettter than we've had in a long time. A bat that are young guys can benefit from. THe last 3 years, how much more dangerous has the texas offense been when he is in compared to out? WE NEED THAT KINDA IMPACT!!!!

Guys of his talent (very few), even after they peak are still above average players. At 37, his decline looks something like .270 25 hrs 90 rbi... Ill take that!!! We have been the worse offense 3 yrs in a row, historically bad, and with our pitching (coming up), if there is one team that can overspend on offense, its us!!!

one thing that concerns me he is a true country boy, seattle may be the last city to intrigue him to live in, we have that very contrasting climate to get used to, but his talent is so immense, he could go play in the arctic and be damn good. Besides, we already got ackley, seager and capps as NC boys to bond with.

i am very willing to overlook some of the question marks he showed this year and focus more on the production that we are desperate for.
    Last edited by Rain City; 10-06-2012 at 11:44 AM.

vCash
    I doubt he hits .270 with 25 homers at 37, but he could. The RBIs are up to the team.

It depends on the money and the length for me. No more than 5-6 years. I don't want a 39 year old eating up money we will need to re sign the young guys.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    LOL Wranglers.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I don't feel like Hamilton's value has dropped much at all.

He's an elite talent and I think he'll get paid like it.

I don't have an issue paying him with such a low payroll.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I really don't believe we are going to be huge players in the FA because i think they want to keep the budget low so they can sell the team in a couple of years when its time for a new tv contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    On the other hand, a 2014 lineup like this looks pretty damn good:

2B Ackley
    CF Saunders
    1B Montero
    RF Hamilton
    DH Jaso
    C Zunino
    3B Seager
    LF VCat? Romero? Landry? Does Ackley move there with Miller at 2nd?
    SS Franklin
    I can guarantee you our lineup will look nothing like that, for whatever reason. Players get injured, players slump, players get traded.

Also, I am not interested in Napoli or Hamilton.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I can guarantee you our lineup will look nothing like that, for whatever reason. Players get injured, players slump, players get traded.

I wouldn't touch Hamilton unless we got a very sweet deal he is often injured and has had a history of alcohol and drugs plus he is 32 years old.

Who is to say someone doesn't give him a 80M deal and he falls back into his bad habits? He already was caught this year at a bar with Kinsler drinking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post

OK?

Never said it would. Said it would be sweet. Other than Hamilton, I dont see how any part of that is a stretch though.

vCash
    OK?

Never said it would. Said it would be sweet. Other than Hamilton, I dont see how any part of that is a stretch though.
    See, butt hurt. You are easily offended
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    How is saying OK being butthurt? Thats pretty ridiculous.

vCash
    You just seem to want to pick a fight with me all the time, and make everything I say look worse/different than it is.

I think I would know what I said/how I said it more than someone who reads it on the internet and cant detect sarcasm or anything else.
    Last edited by jej; 10-06-2012 at 03:31 PM.

vCash
    How is saying OK being butthurt? Thats pretty ridiculous.
    It's called tone.

You just seem to want to pick a fight with me all the time, and make everything I say look worse/different than it is.

I think I would know what I said/how I said it more than someone who reads it on the internet and cant detect sarcasm or anything else.
    Once again, tone. You're just a big baby.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Yeah, cause tone carries so well through writing..

I honestly dont care what you think you see. I know what i said and how I meant it. When someone is coming after you for no reason all the time, it gets a tad annoying doesnt it?

vCash
    then dont freaking respond...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast