Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Detroit and Denver

Monroe for McGee. Who says yes/no?

vCash
    Detroit say no, and they say it without really having to think about it.

vCash
    never

vCash
    No thanks

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    I think Monroe is a considerably better player than McGee.

McGee has a ton of upside, but he's just not putting it together on the floor (The way he could, at least)

The determining factor here is that Monroe is going to be 22 this season while McGee is going to be 26. At age 22, Monroe is already putting up better numbers than McGee in most facets of the game.

I think both players are REALLY underrated by PSD, though. When people think of McGee, they think he's a shot blocker, good defender, and someone that can run the floor and finish above the rim. In reality, his defense isn't really that good individually. He'll get his fair share of blocks, but Monroe is actually putting up really similar numbers defensively in man to man situations.

While McGee is more efficient from the field (Duh, all he does is dunk), Monroe is the much more well rounded offensive player. Monroe is a MUCH better passer, a slightly better offensive rebounder (And overall rebounder), and can score in a variety of ways. On top of that, Monroe is actually a very good free throw shooter for his position, and McGee is downright awful -- he's a liability on the floor late in games.

I think he (Monroe) can be one of the better number 2 options in the league on a playoff team, and might develop into a lower end #1 option if he's on a team with a lot of solid options.

Just turning 22, Monroe really reminds me of another player that's currently looked at as one of the top PFs in the NBA. Any guesses?

http://i.imgur.com/c5CVC.png

Comparing Aldridge's second season in the league to Monroe's, Detroit fans have a VERY good reason to be optimistic moving forward. Monroe is a better defender and rebounder than Aldridge already, and he's more efficient from the field + is a MUCH better passer.

I think he's a year away from being right in the discussion for the top few power forwards.

vCash
    (This thread was brought to you by certain piston posters saying we need to trade Monroe for McGee.)

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    NO........... that is all.

vCash
    Contracts wouldn't work out either.