Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    With Yadima Molina, Chris Iannetta, Russell Martin, Miguel Montero, Mike Napoli, A.J. Pierzynski, and Yorvit Torrealba all available as free agents ... Plus others ... I'd say the Mets have a very good chance of landing a bat without overspending. This is the year of the free agent catcher, so even trades might be easier to swing.

vCash
    Molina and Montero were extended.

vCash
    With Yadima Molina, Chris Iannetta, Russell Martin, Miguel Montero, Mike Napoli, A.J. Pierzynski, and Yorvit Torrealba all available as free agents ... Plus others ... I'd say the Mets have a very good chance of landing a bat without overspending. This is the year of the free agent catcher, so even trades might be easier to swing.

vCash
    Trade for Nick Hundley on the Padres. A year removed from a good year, and he kinda got screwed this year with playing time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgometsgo View Post
    That's not accurate. Molina and Montero were extended.

There is some bad blood between the Mets and Torrealba

Pierzynski and Napoli will require too much money.

Pierzynski is likely to stay with the White Sox.

The only possible option you listed truly available is Russell Martin.

But the Yankees will retain him no questions asked if they do not win the WS. He was huge for them in the final month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    Trade for Nick Hundley on the Padres. A year removed from a good year, and he kinda got screwed this year with playing time
    I would definitely like a Shoppach and one more. Hundley would be fine.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    It's time for Magoo to come back.
    I'll have to speak to his agent.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    I have no idea what is going to transpire for the catching position, but Thole clearly is not a starter for a championship caliber team. We need a serious upgrade at that position. As we all know it is critical we get the right guy, but I doubt that's seriously is going to happen.

Dump Thole. Keep Shoppach (if possible).

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgometsgo View Post

All those free agent catchers available? WOW!!!! We don't need to make a trade. We could dump Duda and Murphy for relief pitching and outfielders.

vCash
    I would really like Russell Martin but i doubt the Yankees let him walk.

David Ross is an interesting possibility, is probably one of the best backups in the league and deserves a chance to start.

He probably wouldn't cost much either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Neither Murphy or Duda can play catcher. Don't be ridiculous. We need a real catcher. Trading Murphy for a strong right hand hitting catcher would be a good move. We could put Valdespin at 2nd base and he would be our leadoff hitter if he could ever learn how to take a pitch.
    Why start now?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Russell Martin sucks. He would be trash in Citi Field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Russell Martin sucks. He would be trash in Citi Field.
    His .211 BA was an aberration.

He wouldn't hit 21 homers for us, but he certainly could hit .230 to .240 with 15 homers with 50-60 RBIs.

That's infinitely better than Josh Thole.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-06-2012 at 12:12 AM.

vCash
    If the Yankees win the World Series in 2012 they will most certainly use 2013 as a bridge year to get under the 189 M salary cap. They would still compete for sure but they would go cheap in doing it.

Meaning guys like Swisher and Martin and Soriano will walk and they will use younger players like Gardner and Cervelli/Romine and Robertson to replace them in order to extend Cano and Granderson like they want to and still have money to bring in big name guys in 2014.

They would have that luxury to let expiring contracts off the books and not worry about it as the defending champs.

If they don't win... Then Martin almost certainly returns to the Yankees as they need to go for broke again and make 2013 their year. That is their philosophy they will look to retain Soriano and Swisher as well then.

With that being said, Martin would definitely be available for us if they win it all and I would like that.

Shoppach and Martin is a great tandem to have. Two high quality major league caliber catchers
    Last edited by Vintage; 10-06-2012 at 12:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    His .211 BA was an aberration.

He wouldn't hit 21 homers for us, but he certainly could hit .230 to .240 with 15 homers with 50-60 RBIs.

That's infinitely better than Josh Thole.
    He was a 5-7 HR guy before going to the Yanks. It's no coincidence.

He's had 9 cheap homers in Yankee Stadium.

He's a low average player with inflated power numbers. No thanks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast