Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Nothing more fun than debating how to improve from a 74 win team to a 76 win team.
    It's sad when we were a 79 win team last season dropped to 74 this year and now we're discussing how to get back to 79 wins and another stellar fourth place finish. This franchise is fallen into total obscurity.

vCash

What about these guys?

J.P. Arencibia - C - Blue Jays
    T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that the Rangers are expected to engage in trade discussions with the Blue Jays this winter regarding J.P. Arencibia and Travis d'Arnaud.
    The Rangers haven't closed the door on re-signing impending free agent Mike Napoli or bringing back Geovany Soto, who is entering his final arbitration year. But, should one or both of them not return, they'll be in the market for catching help. It's very doubtful the Jays would trade d'Arnaud, who is considered the best catching prospect in baseball, but perhaps they'd be willing to part with Arencibia. Toronto claimed Bobby Wilson off waivers Monday, so they now have four options behind the plate in Arencibia, d'Arnaud, Wilson and Jeff Mathis.
    Rotoworld
    Source: Rangers.mlb.com Oct 22 - 6:28 PM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgometsgo View Post
    J.P. Arencibia - C - Blue Jays
    T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that the Rangers are expected to engage in trade discussions with the Blue Jays this winter regarding J.P. Arencibia and Travis d'Arnaud.
    The Rangers haven't closed the door on re-signing impending free agent Mike Napoli or bringing back Geovany Soto, who is entering his final arbitration year. But, should one or both of them not return, they'll be in the market for catching help. It's very doubtful the Jays would trade d'Arnaud, who is considered the best catching prospect in baseball, but perhaps they'd be willing to part with Arencibia. Toronto claimed Bobby Wilson off waivers Monday, so they now have four options behind the plate in Arencibia, d'Arnaud, Wilson and Jeff Mathis.
    Rotoworld
    Source: Rangers.mlb.com Oct 22 - 6:28 PM
    If Arencibia is an option the Mets should definitely look into him as anything is an upgrade over Thole to this point.

I really didn't see the Jays wanting to trade D'Arnaud, the kid was beasting in AAA Vegas this year (as he beasted in the AA EL the year before).

Geovany Soto would be a nice option too, if the Rangers decline to offer him arbitration but i guess we will have to see going forward.

Either way, they need more offense out of the catcher spot and that involves Shoppach being the backup and getting a real starting catcher.

vCash
    I'm meh on Soto. I'd take him over Thole of course though.

vCash
    Well that's the only reason why i mention him because at least he could give us decent power production at the plate and drive in some runs.

Yeah he will hit around the Mendoza line but that's tolerable considering Thole provides us nothing offensively.

Soto is better defensively as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If Arencibia is an option the Mets should definitely look into him as anything is an upgrade over Thole to this point.

I really didn't see the Jays wanting to trade D'Arnaud, the kid was beasting in AAA Vegas this year (as he beasted in the AA EL the year before).

Geovany Soto would be a nice option too, if the Rangers decline to offer him arbitration but i guess we will have to see going forward.

Either way, they need more offense out of the catcher spot and that involves Shoppach being the backup and getting a real starting catcher.

They're not trading Arnaud quality catching is even tougher to find than SP, or for the Mets, one quality OF'er...

vCash
    Reese Havens. He couldnt possibly get anymore banged up than he is now. (Did i already mention him?)
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Soto and Shoppach sounds fine to me. As long as Shoppach returns and Thole is out of the equation we improved at catcher. We need veteran backstops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Soto and Shoppach sounds fine to me. As long as Shoppach returns and Thole is out of the equation we improved at catcher. We need veteran backstops
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-24-2012 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Reese Havens. He couldnt possibly get anymore banged up than he is now. (Did i already mention him?)
    Right after Jason Bay!!

vCash
    A good analysis of catchers we might consider like D'Arnaud: http://metsblog.com/metsblog/who-can...al-for-dickey/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Did you mention Zach Lutz? I had a conversation with YoungStuna about him in another thread.

vCash
    A good analysis of catchers we might consider like D'Arnaud: http://metsblog.com/metsblog/who-can...al-for-dickey/
    Did you see an analysis of catchers we might consider? All I saw was that we could probably send Thole along with Dickey (but no mention of what we could get in return, either with or without Thole) and a discussion of D'Arnaud. We all know that it would be absolutely great to pull off a deal for D'Arnaud, but the likelihood that the Jays will part with him are slim and none.

It would be nice to see a comprehensive analysis of the probabilities and the pros and cons of acquiring potential targets like Arencibia, Saltalamacchia, Carlos Santana, Tyler Flowers, Ryan Lavarnway, Chun-Hsiu Chen, Hector Sanchez, etc. etc.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Did you see an analysis of catchers we might consider? All I saw was that we could probably send Thole along with Dickey (but no mention of what we could get in return, either with or without Thole) and a discussion of D'Arnaud. We all know that it would be absolutely great to pull off a deal for D'Arnaud, but the likelihood that the Jays will part with him are slim and none.

It would be nice to see a comprehensive analysis of the probabilities and the pros and cons of acquiring potential targets like Arencibia, Saltalamacchia, Carlos Santana, Tyler Flowers, Ryan Lavarnway, Chun-Hsiu Chen, Hector Sanchez, etc. etc.
    When I posted this a couple months ago, almost everyone felt there was not a chance in heck that we could get D'Arnaud. Glad you were all WRONG!!!

vCash
    When I posted this a couple months ago, almost everyone felt there was not a chance in heck that we could get D'Arnaud. Glad you were all WRONG!!!
    Rolling on the floor laughing my butt off!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Then

With Yadima Molina, Chris Iannetta, Russell Martin, Miguel Montero, Mike Napoli, A.J. Pierzynski, and Yorvit Torrealba all available as free agents ... Plus others ... I'd say the Mets have a very good chance of landing a bat without overspending. This is the year of the free agent catcher, so even trades might be easier to swing.
    Yep, you predicted it alright!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast