Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He was a 5-7 HR guy before going to the Yanks. It's no coincidence.

He's had 9 cheap homers in Yankee Stadium.

He's a low average player with inflated power numbers. No thanks.
    He did hit 8 home runs on the road this year, it wasn't like it was all a product of Yankee stadium (his BA was also 40 points better on the road)

Mike Napoli is not going to happen, so you need to find ways to upgrade the position.

Keeping Shoppach and adding Martin certainly do that.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-06-2012 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He did hit 8 home runs on the road this year, it wasn't like it was all a product of Yankee stadium (his BA was also 40 points better on the road)

Mike Napoli is not going to happen, so you need to find ways to upgrade the position.

http://hittrackeronline.com/detail.p..._dist&sort=asc

vCash

You want to know what the Mets problem is?

The prospect of Martin and Shoppach as a catching tandem actually sounds appetizing.

Geez, how much lower can we go?
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You want to know what the Mets problem is?

The prospect of Martin and Shoppach as a catching tandem actually sounds appetizing.

Geez, how much lower can we go?
    It's sad but when the team doesn't want to spend money, these are the options we are left with.

I think a lot of us screamed about Ryan Doumit last year, look how that blew up in the Met's face.

vCash
    It's sad but when the team doesn't want to spend money, these are the options we are left with.

I think a lot of us screamed about Ryan Doumit last year, look how that blew up in the Met's face.
    I guess my point is, if we have to hope upon all hopes that we'll have a catching tandem as good as Martin/Shoppach, what then is the POINT?
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    There is no doubt Yankee stadium gives up a lot of cheap seat home runs (that's why i don't understand the interest in Nick Swisher that some of the posters have here) but Mike Napoli has also benefit from playing in one of the best hitting ballparks in the majors and he has regressed from last year.

Not to mention the money he is probably going to command in FA, i know he hit in Anaheim but how many legitimate alternatives are out there besides Martin?
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-06-2012 at 01:18 AM.

vCash
    It's the same with AJ Pierzynski coming off a career year and he is no spring chicken at soon to be 36 years old.

vCash
    Give me Russell Martin over Josh Thole any day of the week.

But yes if i have an option for David Ross, i would take him too over Russell Martin.

vCash
    There is no doubt Yankee stadium gives up a lot of cheap seat home runs (that's why i don't understand the interest in Nick Swisher that some of the posters had here) but Mike Napoli has also benefit from playing in one of the best hitting ballparks in the majors and he has regressed from last year.

Not to mention the money he is probably going to command in FA, i know he hit in Anaheim but how many legitimate alternatives are out there besides Martin?
    Because Swisher is a switch-hitter that pulls the baseball. Not like Martin who is clearly using the short RF fence to his advantage. All of the those balls would be either outs or maybe doubles at Citi.

Mike Napoli hits BOMBS, he has legit power wherever he plays. He has 24 already this year and he was injured for a good portion.

I don't see Martin as a legit option at all. If you want to overpay for a .650 OPS catcher, be my guest.

If we are going to find a catcher, let it be a younger one through the trade market.

vCash
    Because Swisher is a switch-hitter that pulls the baseball. Not like Martin who is clearly using the short RF fence to his advantage. All of the those balls would be either outs or maybe doubles at Citi.

Mike Napoli hits BOMBS, he has legit power wherever he plays. He has 24 already this year and he was injured for a good portion.

I don't see Martin as a legit option at all. If you want to overpay for a .650 OPS catcher, be my guest.

If we are going to find a catcher, let it be a younger one through the trade market.
    I understand that sentiment but Mike Napoli is not going to happen.

They aren't spending the type of money it will take to bring him here.

vCash
    I understand that sentiment but Mike Napoli is not going to happen.

They aren't spending the type of money it will take to bring him here.
    I know, but you brought him up.

vCash
    Actually someone else brought him up in this thread.

He is obviously the most sought after catching FA out there, and i see no possible way the Mets acquire him.

If Martin wants the 7.5 million he got from the Yankees this year, then yeah no way should we bring him in but there is no question he is a much better offensive threat than Josh Thole if we can get him at a decent price.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-06-2012 at 01:26 AM.

vCash
    The FA list for catchers is terrible btw aside from Ross, Martin, and Napoli.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/co...s/?page_id=177

It's going to be next to impossible to add a decent starting catcher unless it's via trade or signing a select few guys.

vCash
    There is no doubt Yankee stadium gives up a lot of cheap seat home runs (that's why i don't understand the interest in Nick Swisher that some of the posters have here) but Mike Napoli has also benefit from playing in one of the best hitting ballparks in the majors and he has regressed from last year.

David Ross

vCash
    Yeah it's either David Ross or a catcher via trade.

Again, I'm looking at guys like Jaso, Arencibia, Perez, and Maldonado.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast