Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Russell Martin?

vCash
    Play without a catcher and add another infielder.

Solved!
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    It's time for Magoo to come back.
    He's never coming back, he posts somewhere else now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Who would be worse: Murphy or Duda? I say Duda.
    Yeah. I go with Murph over Valdespin, Duda, or Bay.

Actually not a bad idea when you think about it. The Mets should pool all of their square pegs that aren't fitting into round holes and see if they can find just one catcher.

Murph gets the nod.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Murphy would be great at blocking the plate on balls and opposing runners. Problem is he would be all beaten up by the 10th game. Total.. take one for the team player that Murphy is!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Neither Murphy or Duda can play catcher. Don't be ridiculous. We need a real catcher. Trading Murphy for a strong right hand hitting catcher would be a good move. We could put Valdespin at 2nd base and he would be our leadoff hitter if he could ever learn how to take a pitch.

vCash
    put jason bay back there, hes backing enough money he should be able to play it... for what we're overpaying

vCash
    Josh Thole won't be the starting catcher next year imo, Sandy is going to get someone.

vCash
    David Ross wouldn't be a bad signing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    I would like him a lot, but I think he's going to trade for one.

vCash
    Making a move at C is such a waste. Just forget it. Not much talent at the position, don't want to overpay with money or overpay with prospects.

So go for outfielders.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Austin Hedges would make my day. Might have to give up a solid haul, but he would very much be on my radar.

vCash
    I think signing a guy like Pierzynski for a 2 year deal and dealing for Austin Hedges would be a great offseason at the C position. Hedges just screams early career Yadier Molina for me. Excellet defensively and a RH bat that can generate average to moderate power in the future. Should definitely stick at C.

vCash
    Although Thole is fairly under team control and young, I'd deal him if we can sign Pierzynski. Someone will be looking for a lefty platoon bat at C, and I would send Thole packing. We need power at the position, we have enough slap hitters. Roll with Pierzynski and Shoppach for 2 years and then say we trade for a young catcher like Hedges, eventually give him the job, or maybe Plawecki/Maron develops. Either way, we need to do a major haul at the position. I personally prefer a short term signing with a view on adding a top notch catching prospect too.

vCash
    AJ is going to get paid after the season he's had. The Mets won't be paying him.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast