Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    325
    vCash
    1500

    The 2013 Mets Starting Catcher

    Clearly, Sandy's looking to upgrade in this position. Who should catch next year? Trade or free agency? There are a few free agent options that offer right hand pop, but ability to handle our great pitching staff will be key. Your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    29,049
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe we give Jordany Valdespin a shot back there?
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,157
    vCash
    1500
    Well with the Mets penchant for moving players to positions unsuited for or should I say inexperienced at or should not be allowed by any laws, state federal or local zoning, Its hard to tell whether you're joking or not. I would guess TC's down to Wally World looking for one in V-Spin's size and submitting a coupon to get it at 20 percent off. This would keep with Mets corporate policy of working from the discount rack.
    " You seek Yoda!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgometsgo View Post
    Clearly, Sandy's looking to upgrade in this position. Who should catch next year? Trade or free agency? There are a few free agent options that offer right hand pop, but ability to handle our great pitching staff will be key. Your thoughts?

    Is he looking to upgrade catcher though?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Well with the Mets penchant for moving players to positions unsuited for or should I say inexperienced at or should not be allowed by any laws, state federal or local zoning, Its hard to tell whether you're joking or not. I would guess TC's down to Wally World looking for one in V-Spin's size and submitting a coupon to get it at 20 percent off. This would keep with Mets corporate policy of working from the discount rack.

    This team thinks if you have two arms and two legs you can play anywhere.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,135
    vCash
    1500
    Trade Ike for one.
    They don't have the money to sign a catcher.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    697
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Maybe we give Jordany Valdespin a shot back there?
    FoC .. keepin' the spirit of Magoo alive.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    29,049
    vCash
    1500
    It's time for Magoo to come back.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Trading Ike Davis for a catcher would be one of the worst trades we ever make.

    Ike Davis is a piece we need to hold onto and build around. No doubt about it.

    ----------------------

    Resign Kelly Shoppach
    Hold onto or Dump Josh Thole
    Pursue a proven starter.

    Shoppach and a veteran is very solid.

    Thole brings the production from catcher down.

    We need fresh blood calling the pitches. Thole had his shot for 3 + years.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    29,049
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Trading Ike Davis for a catcher would be one of the worst trades we ever make.

    Ike Davis is a piece we need to hold onto and build around. No doubt about it.

    ----------------------

    Resign Kelly Shoppach
    Hold onto or Dump Josh Thole
    Pursue a proven starter.

    Shoppach and a veteran is very solid.

    Thole brings the production from catcher down.

    We need fresh blood calling the pitches. Thole had his shot for 3 + years.
    Maybe Ike Davis becomes the catcher?
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    3,775
    vCash
    1500
    We should trade either Duda or Murphy for a solid catcher. They're both playing out of position anyway. We should never have let Barajas walk.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Trading Ike Davis for a catcher would be one of the worst trades we ever make.

    Ike Davis is a piece we need to hold onto and build around. No doubt about it.

    ----------------------

    Resign Kelly Shoppach
    Hold onto or Dump Josh Thole
    Pursue a proven starter.

    Shoppach and a veteran is very solid.

    Thole brings the production from catcher down.

    We need fresh blood calling the pitches. Thole had his shot for 3 + years.
    You don't even know who we are trading him for.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    We should trade either Duda or Murphy for a solid catcher. They're both playing out of position anyway. We should never have let Barajas walk.
    Barajas couldn't get on base.

    And all Duda or Murphy is getting us back is Thole and we already have him.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    29,049
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Barajas couldn't get on base.

    And all Duda or Murphy is getting us back is Thole and we already have him.
    Murphy! Maybe Murphy can be the catcher!
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,656
    vCash
    1500
    Who would be worse: Murphy or Duda? I say Duda.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •